• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Right to have bad health???

Walkntune

Why should people have a right to bad health and not take care of themselves but yet have a right to health care when they are sick from their indulging life styles?Why should they have a right to waste tax money?
Well since everyone has a right to healthcare and it is Government manditory that we pay for it, then shouldn't there be laws requiring people to be health conscious and control the poisions from chemicals in foods and substance abuse to everyone as part of these rights?
After all this is about health care isn't it???

A

angellous_evangellous

No. Health is a public concern, and in more than just one way.

1) Sick people can pass on their sickness to other people - sometimes causing death

2) [Related to #1] = We need the public healthy to keep our infrastructure intact

Typically, people can be convinced that they need to take care of themselves because most normally functioning human beings want and enjoy good health.

Walkntune

No. Health is a public concern, and in more than just one way.

1) Sick people can pass on their sickness to other people - sometimes causing death

2) [Related to #1] = We need the public healthy to keep our infrastructure intact

Typically, people can be convinced that they need to take care of themselves because most normally functioning human beings want and enjoy good health.

Well if number two is true, then why are all the foods in the grocery stores laced with toxins and chemicals and then buried under tricky labels to fool the public?
And if number one is true, than that seems like it would be a good reason to require people to live healthy.

Mr Cheese

Well if number two is true, then why are all the foods in the grocery stores laced with toxins and chemicals and then buried under tricky labels to fool the public?

Profits

You raise a valid point though

ONE of the main reasons this country needs healthcare reform is that people with money are allowed to sell anything.....

so you get late night infomercials about magic pain loss poweders
flyers in newspapers and the mail about increasing your penis size....
and commercials for a new wonder drug that happens to have been banned in the whole of europe

Its like the old quacks from the wild west, selling their magic potions....its like spinning a roulette wheel if any of them work...
Any charlaton and faker can sell anything...and it appears no one says anything...the only way to tell before you sign your soul or bank account to the devil for magic poweder...is other sucker's reviews that have tried the stuff....

I find it amazing how unregulated drugs and various chemicals are in this country... it really does amount to money talks..and BS talks even more...!

Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

And if number one is true, than that seems like it would be a good reason to require people to live healthy.

Well, to answer both questions...

We don't need the public to be 100% healthy, just healthy enough to sustain the infrastructure (and defend the country).

So we feed kids crap in school - literally - but it is nutritious enough and they are educated enough at the lowest standard to contribute minimally to society. That is, from high school they can at least have a mindless job somewhere and hold a painted broomstick instead of a gun in combat if worst comes to worst.

The toxins in our food mostly do not have immediate effects, and if it does, it's usually addressed in lawsuits and etc. People die of heart attacks after military age, so it's not a concern, and cancer usually strikes after military age as well (when we don't rellay care about people).

Mr Cheese

Are you saying that it's no coincidence that the food and drug administration go hand in hand? There is a lot of profit to be made off of bad health?

I will admit ignorance, I've been in this country less than a decade and am not sure...

but as I stated in my edited post...
I find it amazing how unregulated drugs and chemicals are in thsi country

at a basic level.... advertisers for example are allowed to say "brand X is awful, use our it will give you nicer thighs" in England that would be illegal.....

no1 you arent legally allowed to bismirch a competitor in such a way
no2 any instance of false advertising results in heavy fines

does that mean naughty people selling magic drugs that can make your nose blue...dont exist? no...but it means there are far less as there are large legal penalities for hawking garbage.

Walkntune

I will admit ignorance, I've been in this country less than a decade and am not sure...

but as I stated in my edited post...
I find it amazing how unregulated drugs and chemicals are in thsi country

at a basic level.... advertisers for example are allowed to say "brand X is awful, use our it will give you nicer thighs" in England that would be illegal.....

no1 you arent legally allowed to bismirch a competitor in such a way
no2 any instance of false advertising results in heavy fines

does that mean naughty people selling magic drugs that can make your nose blue...dont exist? no...but it means there are far less as there are large legal penalities for hawking garbage.

No, over here in America we not only allow drug companies to advertise their toxins,
we get health care lobbied into law so they can be forced and controlled on everyone.
We are about profits.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
They have talked about people's not taking care of themselves and its effect on the rising cost of healthcare. It has been suggested that all junk food carry an excise tax to help pay for healthcare. I imagine that would probably carry over into cigarettes, booze, and eventually any prepared food items.

Walkntune

They have talked about people's not taking care of themselves and its effect on the rising cost of healthcare. It has been suggested that all junk food carry an excise tax to help pay for healthcare. I imagine that would probably carry over into cigarettes, booze, and eventually any prepared food items.
Wow they have the market cornered.Now if only the food and drug administration can get supplements and vitamins suppressed ???
I believe McCain is working on a bill.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Wow they have the market cornered.Now if only the food and drug administration can get supplements and vitamins suppressed ???
I believe McCain is working on a bill.
I believe our current administration is working on mandating that toxins be put into certain supplements to take some burden off of the Social Security system.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
No, over here in America we not only allow drug companies to advertise their toxins,
we get health care lobbied into law so they can be forced and controlled on everyone.
No, no, no... just because you must pay into a health care plan doesn't mean you have to go to the hospital when you're sick, or take their prescriptions. You can refuse prescriptions, and even recuperate at home if you want.

Walkntune

No, no, no... just because you must pay into a health care plan doesn't mean you have to go to the hospital when you're sick, or take their prescriptions. You can refuse prescriptions, and even recuperate at home if you want.
No but it means you take what they want to push or get no help at all. Why give choices to patients when they can do what is most profitable and you are going to pay for health care whether you receive it or not?

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Right to health care? Tax payers money? Why doesn't this apply to me? I just paid $230 to have two cavities filled... and I still have more appointments left... Tax payers aren't paying for my health care... Damn... I'm always excluded.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Right to health care? Tax payers money? Why doesn't this apply to me? I just paid $230 to have two cavities filled... and I still have more appointments left... Tax payers aren't paying for my health care... Damn... I'm always excluded.
Don't feel bad. Congress, The House, and the President are exempt from having to pay into the new healthcare bill. It only stands that to offset this some of us will be exempt from receiving care.