• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Right & Religion

SoliDeoGloria

In another thread
Lintu said:
Yes, I was once a believer. But then once I started believing that it wasn't possible for one religion to be right (at the exclusion of others), most of the theologies started to fall apart. (If that makes any sense). And it just started seeming to me that God was invented over and over again by different groups of people, sometimes for good purposes and sometimes for bad. So then God became less of the humanlike father and more like an underlying spirit. I still believe there could be an underlying unifying spirit, but not a God that comforts and punishes and leads us all into an ultimate goal.

I guess we should start this off with a couple of questions to help me understand a little more of what exactly you meant by this statement.

Do you apply this philosophy to strictly religious claims or all claims? Do you appy this in a moral fashion or "truthfull" fashion? What do you think of the statement "Opposites cannot be the same. For the one who affirms that 'opposites can both be true' does not hold that the opposite of this stement is true"?

Sincerely,
SoliDeoGloria