• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ricky Williams

Todd

Rajun Cajun
Can Ricky Williams get anything right. It looks like he'll be suspended again for drug use. This time it looks like he'll be suspended for a year. I mean the guy gets paid tons of money, and he's willing to throw it away. He knows he's going to get tested for drugs often often. He could have at least waited until his career was over. Although in my mind after this incident, his football career is already over.

Anyway, enough ranting, here's the full story:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AsgTlAtAH4btEje1C0PXl1ZDubYF?slug=dolphinswilliamsdrug&prov=st&type=lgns

gnomon

I'm waiting to hear what substance registered in his system. Of course, I'm sure it's marijuana.

However, if banning Ricky Williams becomes a topic, or even a full one-year suspension, then the hypocricy of the major sports franchises will once again show how intolerant and uneducated of a society we have.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
gnomon said:
...However, if banning Ricky Williams becomes a topic, or even a full one-year suspension, then the hypocricy of the major sports franchises will once again show how intolerant and uneducated of a society we have.
Ricky Williams knew the rules, yet refused to follow them. I look forward to you next post explaining how enforcing the rules shows intolerance or hypocrisy in any form.:confused:

nutshell

gnomon said:
I'm waiting to hear what substance registered in his system. Of course, I'm sure it's marijuana.

However, if banning Ricky Williams becomes a topic, or even a full one-year suspension, then the hypocricy of the major sports franchises will once again show how intolerant and uneducated of a society we have.
Oh, Please.

There is no hypocricy. As has already been stated, Ricky knows the rules and has repeatedly violated them.

Further, the NFL is NOT Major League Baseball.

gnomon

I'm not going to debate the rules and whether or not Ricky broke them. He did. There you go.

However, if he had participated in a violent criminal activity the likelihood of him receiving a one-year suspension is quite small compared to testing dirty for dope. The four major sports organizations are far more lenient towards those who commit violent acts outside of the sports arena than they are to someone who has used an illicit drug. Parallels our actual criminal justice system so I'm not too surprised.

Hypocricy in following their rules? No. It's fundamentally hypocritical to treat those who commit a non-violent infraction worse than those who commit violent ones.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
gnomon said:
...The four major sports organizations are far more lenient towards those who commit violent acts outside of the sports arena than they are to someone who has used an illicit drug...
Thank you for clarifying your point, and for the record, I concur.