• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rich parents should stop pressuring their daughters into becoming mothers!

CheerLeaderDana

IT HAPPENED TO ME: I Was a Camp Counselor to Manhattan's Real-Life "Gossip Girls"

Are rich parents from New York more conservative then the typical American family.
http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/privileged-rich-girls-summer-camp
My friends were well off and they were not pressured into career or motherhood.

These girls shouldn't be pressured to be a mother or career woman. They should be free to find out what they want to do in life and pursue their dreams!

Fortunately, my parents do not pressure me and respect my hopes and dreams! They also give me what I want!

When I was young I wanted to travel the world, rise up through the ranks of an multinational corporation, and have sex with as many men as I wanted to. Using my extra money and power to obtain the extra contraceptives.

Perhaps I should be grateful as this will mean less competition for me!

If I ever meet some of these rich New York mothers I will not hesitate to rub my happiness, success, wealth, and sex life in their face!

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Its hard to divine exactly why a parent focuses on one problem above another, and its also hard to know why a parent wants their daughters to get married. It could be for purposes of breeding (yes some people do believe in breeding), or it could be for other reasons. Its hard to know why they focus on that. What is common to all parents and all mothers: they always try to hard and too little. Each parent focuses on different areas, and no two parents focus on all the same things. They can be very strong in one area, but the cost is that they are weak in another. A parent has fears, and those fears can take up a lot of their attention. They may have strengths, and so they expect their kids to share their strengths. A parent who has regrets will strive to keep the child from having the same regrets. Its all very complicated what drives their parenting styles, so it really matters *why* these parents want their daughters to get married. I have not been able to determine from the post why it is. Why are they concerned?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
IT HAPPENED TO ME: I Was a Camp Counselor to Manhattan's Real-Life "Gossip Girls"

Are rich parents from New York more conservative then the typical American family.
My friends were well off and they were not pressured into career or motherhood.

These girls shouldn't be pressured to be a mother or career woman. They should be free to find out what they want to do in life and pursue their dreams!

Fortunately, my parents do not pressure me and respect my hopes and dreams! They also give me what I want!

When I was young I wanted to travel the world, rise up through the ranks of an multinational corporation, and have sex with as many men as I wanted to. Using my extra money and power to obtain the extra contraceptives.

Perhaps I should be grateful as this will mean less competition for me!

If I ever meet some of these rich New York mothers I will not hesitate to rub my happiness, success, wealth, and sex life in their face!

Interesting article. It gives a glimpse into a world and mindset that most people will never see first hand.

I agree that no one should be pressured to be anything they don't want to be. Women have the choice to be mothers, career women - or both, or neither. Those who were born into less privileged circumstances might have fewer choices available to them than those who were born into wealthy families.

As for rich parents from New York, maybe they're conservative in lifestyle, but liberal in politics. That's not surprising. I've known plenty of men who support women's issues and believe that women in general should be free to do whatever they want, but when it comes to their own wives, sisters, daughters, they sing a different tune.

CheerLeaderDana

Interesting article. It gives a glimpse into a world and mindset that most people will never see first hand.

I agree that no one should be pressured to be anything they don't want to be. Women have the choice to be mothers, career women - or both, or neither. Those who were born into less privileged circumstances might have fewer choices available to them than those who were born into wealthy families.

As for rich parents from New York, maybe they're conservative in lifestyle, but liberal in politics. That's not surprising. I've known plenty of men who support women's issues and believe that women in general should be free to do whatever they want, but when it comes to their own wives, sisters, daughters, they sing a different tune.

Why are they like this? Are they afraid the Republicans or Muslims will outbreed them?

Screw the future! The Republicans and Muslims can have it!

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Being a parent definitely isn't for everyone. It's good when people recognize that it isn't for them, as them becoming a parent is a bad result - for everyone involved.