• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RF Politics(and maybe religion?)

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Lets pretend...

The denizens of RF have gotten stuck(we don't know how, that's a thread for another day) on a land space together. Its a temperate place; things are comfortable, and there's enough left over from the previous inhabitants that we can live comfortably(if we choose).

But who's gonna run stuff? And what kind of government do we want?

Here's the space to nominate a member! And don't just consider the big jobs(President/Prime Minister/King/Queen, depending on the government we choose), remember its the little guys who keep things running. Who should be in charge of sanitation? Head of police department(or, who might make good law enforcement amongst us)? City beautification? And if you feel you have a special skill that might create you a job, mention that, too!

And what about religious services? Who will see to what need for what religion? For those who created their religion, or have a hybrid, how will you see it off in our new space?

Lets get this land of make believe going!

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry, no microwave popcorn here. See, the argument starts with the first two people to arrive. Oh what shall we do?

I'll just get my own bag.

And I totally won't share.

At least not with you. :p

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Good. I hate that stuff anyway. But you can have some of my delicious buttery air popped fresh stuff. Just the right amount of salt.

Eh, laziness always wins; this means I don't have to pop my own. Pass it over, I guess.

Glad that resolved. No lawyers involved...

Anyone fit here to be a lawyer?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
And what about religious services? Who will see to what need for what religion? For those who created their religion, or have a hybrid, how will you see it off in our new space?

I'll be over there.

images (3).jpeg

Figuring out how to upscale my knowledge of growing food, if you need me.

Let those who are curious, ask me religious questions, or ask for guidance in physical/spiritual matters. I'll help where I can.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I'll be over there.

View attachment 67677

Figuring out how to upscale my knowledge of growing food, if you need me.

Let those who are curious, ask me religious questions, or ask for guidance in physical/spiritual matters. I'll help where I can.

Maybe you can get a farmer's market going? I love farmer's markets!

Please ... no lawyers. They ruin everything.

Well, perhaps we should set guards at the gates to keep the out...

Heyo

Veteran Member

Here's the space to nominate a member!
I nominate: nobody.

We'll have basically a post scarcity economy from the left overs, no direct neighbours who fear we might succeed and a populace of mostly peace and liberty loving people. That's enough to at least try anarchy. Failing that we could revert to direct democracy.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member

We'll have basically a post scarcity economy from the left overs, no direct neighbours who fear we might succeed and a populace of mostly peace and liberty loving people. That's enough to at least try anarchy. Failing that we could revert to direct democracy.

Do you think we could pull it off?

Wouldn't that be something... RF pulls off a successful anarchist civilization...

Heyo

Veteran Member
Do you think we could pull it off?

Wouldn't that be something... RF pulls off a successful anarchist civilization...
I'm a hopeless optimist with too much trust in the goodness of my fellow apes.
But I think I have evidence from the interactions I had here.

We Never Know

No Slack
Lets pretend...

The denizens of RF have gotten stuck(we don't know how, that's a thread for another day) on a land space together. Its a temperate place; things are comfortable, and there's enough left over from the previous inhabitants that we can live comfortably(if we choose).

Here's the space to nominate a member! And don't just consider the big jobs(President/Prime Minister/King/Queen, depending on the government we choose), remember its the little guys who keep things running. Who should be in charge of sanitation? Head of police department(or, who might make good law enforcement amongst us)? City beautification? And if you feel you have a special skill that might create you a job, mention that, too!

You came up with this place so.... President JustGeorge it shall be :D

We Never Know

No Slack

"a populace of mostly peace and liberty loving people"

From RF? You're joking right:p