• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

reward or consequence?

If there is a judgement, I think it will be just. I think we choose our destination by how we choose to live. If we choose darkness we will get darkness. None of it will be God's fault. But He is giving us a chance to choose light!

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Do you think there will be a "reward or consequence" for how you choose to live your life? Specifically after death

It depends on what I do in this life I know it will "roll over" to reward or consequence later on. I don't see an "afterlife" but a continued life from one stage to another. If there were an afterlife, the closest would be living on earth as a soul and taking care of family I left behind as well as communing with my ancestors. Since I see it as a continuum, my actions will reflect the reward or consequence and in the afterlife, regardless of my actions I'll be with family.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Do you think there will be a "reward or consequence" for how you choose to live your life? Specifically after death
Peace be on you.
Yes

As healthy food makes healthy body, pious practices makes pious soul.

Holy Quran
[2:202] And of them there are some who say: ‘Our Lord, grant us good in this world as well as good in the world to come, and protect us from the torment of the Fire.’

[4:135] Whoso desires the reward of this world, then let him remember that with Allah is the reward of this world and of the next; and Allah is All-Hearing, All-Seeing.

[17:73] But whoso is blind in this world will be blind in the Hereafter, and even more astray from the way.

[12:58] And surely, the reward of the Hereafter is better for those who believe and fear God.

[14:28] Allah strengthens the believers with the word that is firmly established, both in the present life and in the Hereafter; and Allah lets the wrongdoers go astray. And Allah does what He wills.

[7:148] And those who disbelieve in Our Signs and the meeting of the Hereafter — their works are vain. Can they expect to be rewarded for anything except for what they do?

[7:157] ‘And ordain for us good in this world, as well as in the next; we have turned to Thee with repentance.’ God replied, ‘I will inflict My punishment on whom I will; but My mercy encompasses all things; so I will ordain it for those who act righteously, and pay the Zakat and those who believe in Our Signs —

Related: https://www.alislam.org/books/study-of-islam/life-after-death.html

Skwim

Veteran Member
If there is a judgement, I think it will be just. I think we choose our destination by how we choose to live. If we choose darkness we will get darkness. None of it will be God's fault. But He is giving us a chance to choose light!
And what if we're not convinced of his "light" or have never heard of it? Is that our fault? How would we be judged?

Kelly of the Phoenix

God DID set up the afterlife, though, so technically any consequences get His OK. I also think, based on my experiences, that there is one afterlife and the "skin" you see depends on how you acted in life. A person can be in heaven and hell at the same time... :)

Still, Jesus said that any reward or punishment we receive here in life doesn't count in the afterlife (more or less). Thus, I think a lot of stuff will already have been dealt with by the time we croak.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Or maybe he'll get the love and compassion he deserves as a human being, and because he was abused by his father and neglected by his mother and hadn't resolved the issues before poking you once...

Or maybe you had done something in a prior life to earn this...
I have not ruled out reincarnation

but I favor freewill and the return of a deed dealt

And what if we're not convinced of his "light" or have never heard of it? Is that our fault? How would we be judged?

I believe that God's judgement will be perfectly just. If there is innocent ignorance I believe God will take that into account and will judge accordingly with love as his motivation. But those who see light and know that it is light but reject it, I believe are in great danger of condemnation.
For example , Jesus said we must love our neighbor as ourself. Everybody knows that is right. If we reject that goodness, we deserve judgement

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Absolutely. Every day we live with the consequences of how people who have passed on lived their lives, for good and bad. The consequences of how we choose to live our life will continue to be experienced by others long after our death.