• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Revisiting Anslem

Ostronomos

1. Anything is possible.
2. Mind can create anything.
3. Therefore, existence is created by mind. ?

For if anything is possible without intelligence, chaos and randomness must then ensue, which is not the case with design, so intelligence does not merely achieve a pattern within chaos, it creates it. The mind rather than the intelligence is the brain, the operation of free will, determinism and self-determination all combined. If intelligence is the effect of this combination and not the cause, then mind is both a qualitative and quantitative dimension existing as a separate quality from the object world while being greater than the quantitative aspect of the brain.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
1. Anything is possible.
2. Mind can create anything.
3. Therefore, existence is created by mind. ?

Doesn't follow, the universe existed, our galaxy existed, our solar system existed, our planet existed for billions of years before mind evolved.

Ostronomos

Doesn't follow, the universe existed, our galaxy existed, our solar system existed, our planet existed for billions of years before mind evolved.
Just because you do not comprehend the superior logic of the above statements does not mean it doesn't follow.

1.] Mind is not an illusion. If it were materialistic, then it would lead to the Cartesian mind-matter split. This materialistic view is false as it is based on the fallacious argument that matter can create mind.

2.] If matter can create mind as you say, then it would be an even stronger argument for a Quantum mind. Since it would imply that the particles that create the mind can become entangled with the environment, leading to all manner of supernatural phenomenon.

3.] God is real because He is proven using logic.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Just because you do not comprehend the superior logic of the above statements does not mean it doesn't follow.

1.] Mind is not an illusion. If it were materialistic, then it would lead to the Cartesian mind-matter split. This materialistic view is false as it is based on the fallacious argument that matter can create mind.

2.] If matter can create mind as you say, then it would be an even stronger argument for a Quantum mindthe environment, leading to all manner of supernatural phenomenon.

3.] God is real because He is proven using logic.

Superior what? Sorry, you have it totally arse about face.

God is believed, he certainly is t proven, if anyone could ever prove gods existence they would be the most famous person on the planet with religious leaders, presidents abd royalty on their speed dil list

Ostronomos

Superior what? Sorry, you have it totally arse about face.

God is believed, he certainly is t proven, if anyone could ever prove gods existence they would be the most famous person on the planet with religious leaders, presidents abd royalty on their speed dil list
Not true. You assume the proof can immediately be recognized.

Both I and Langan published our proofs and we do not live a lavish lifestyle by comparison.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Not true. You assume the proof can immediately be recognized.

Both I and Langan published our proofs and we do not live a lavish lifestyle by comparison.

True, you made the claim but unfortunately you didn't consider it completely, if anything is possible then it is possible to be false.

Please provide a link to your published proof, this i gotta see

Ostronomos

True, you made the claim but unfortunately you didn't consider it completely, if anything is possible then it is possible to be false.

Please provide a link to your published proof, this i gotta see
I have publicly announced my proof in the Philosophy subforum. You may not understand it at first, but don't be discouraged.