• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Review Jalsa Canada’16 / Comments by Canadian Syrian others/Love Peace/ 10-16 Million Reached/ Aims

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
The following is based on Friday sermon by Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah V (may Allah be his Helper) after the Jalsa Salana 2016, Canada.The main points mentioned are about Divine grace, driving passion of volunteer men women and children who serve the guests at a Jalsa Salana. Thankfulness to Allah and His servants. Expressions and comments by some honorable guests from Canada and elsewhere including some Syrians. Some merits in services provided are praised and advice is given for further improvements for the huge system of organizing Jalsa. How Ahmadis should take the message of peace to the world. Through Jalsa Canada, divine message of peaceful reforms reached to 10-16 million people by various media. Focus at true aims. What are these aims?

Peace and mercy of Allah be on you…… By the grace of Allah the Exalted, Jalsa Salana of Jama'at Ahmadiyya Canda ended last week manifesting blessings. As much thankful we are, it will remain less. It is His grace which enables us to convene Jalsa-s everywhere in the world despite limited resources. By sheer divine blessings, the arrangements in general, become good. We do not have professionals for each department. We have volunteers from auxiliaries; Khuddam, Atfal, Lajna, Nasirat and Ansar. Officers and subordinates are appointed. There is full obedience to officer even if an officer is less educated in worldly terms and subordinates happen to be engineers, doctors or Ph.ds..We see this standard of full obedience in Jama'at Ahmadiyya, with full cooperation.

In these three days, the thought of worldliness fully disappears from the people at duty. They keep selfless thought; they have thoughts only about Jalsa. It is not a human-made thing which makes the thoughts to flow in such direction and which grant humbleness to actions. It is pure blessing of Allah the Exalted. If it is not so, the passion with which men, women, young and old serve can never be developed. It is Allah the Exalted Who develops thought in them to rise above any other thought and desire and serve the guests of Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) for the sake of pleasure of Allah the Exalted.

==

Thus first of all, we ought to be thankful to Allah the Exalted that He granted Jama'at such serving workers. Despite being intellectuals, they serve selflessly. If they are asked to clean restrooms they do. If asked to cook food, they do. They serve food, they do security duties, etc selflessly. Children do duties with enthusiasm. Non-Ahmadi guests are impressed when they see children serving drinking water to guests in Jalsa area, silently and with interest. They ask astonishingly how do you fill such passion in these children, in current world situation when religious groups and madrassa going children and young people are being given training of wrong things and oppression on the name of jihad, and efforts are being made to finish human lives, children and youth of Jama'at Ahmadiyya are doing life giving works. In the gatherings of ruhani / spiritual maeda [divine food table] young boys and girls serve physical food and water and join the life-giving-jihad.

==

Some people comment they feel love for these children. We should be thankful to Allah the Exalted and also these volunteers too, many of them are working before start of Jalsa and will serve afterwards too for windup. They do not care personal or financial losses. Some left jobs when could not get leave of absence. They do not care their sleep and rest. They serve with commitment. Huzur (may Allah be his Helper) said as I ask others, first I thank all Jalsa workers, children, guests, girls, boys, women and men who presented themselves voluntarily and did even a lowest work with happiness and responsibility with passion of service. These works are, in fact, silent conveyor of message, and become means of guidance for many people.

==

From USA, a Bengali friend Shahid ur Rehman came with his 91 Bengali Ahmadi friends, said that he continued to debate with mullas for all life, the Islam he was presented it kept him away from mosques (of those who think they follow practice of Holy Prophet sa). He hated extremism, his wife is pious person, she stressed he should go to Jalsa of Jama'at Ahmadiyya. He saw training, love, and respect of members of Jama'at. He said he returned to Islam again. He was sitting alone on a side on the last day of Jalsa, he did not like to go for meal due to rush, a Khadim [member of young men’s auxiliary] came to him and presented meal and water, then waited enough to dispose the empty box. This incidence created so much impression to him, he expressed it to Huzur (a.t.) in meeting with him. He said that Jalsa has impressed him very deep, and InshaAllah soon he will join the Jama'at ….. That is how Conveyance of message is done with Jalsa. High morals of a Khadim and little service changed the guest’s thoughts. That Khadim perhaps did not know whether the man was Ahmadi or non-Ahmadi, he served with a zeal, but it became a mean of spiritual change in the guest.

==

Likewise, there are some politicians, some local people who know services of Jama'at, in general, and keep acknowledging it time to time. Every time, they are impressed by the arrangements of the Jalsa that participants in such a huge gathering sit calmly generally and workers work silently.

Deb Schulte (member parliament) said that like always today also I was very impressed. So many volunteers are seen on Jalsa who are organizing Jalsa very systematically, as per my estimate there are 25000 people gathered here and organizing it is result of tireless hard work from the volunteers.

==

Huzur (a.t.) said thus these volunteers and workers exert great impression, and in this respect we all must be thankful to all workers. Where they serve the guests selflessly, there they become a silent Muballigh / missionary and convey the message of Ahmadiyyat, and each participant should be thankful to them too. May Allah the Exalted always increase the spirit of their service and give them best rewards for their service. It should not be only apparent service but may increase them in Eman [belief] and Yaqeen [certainty] and may their deed are best and in accordance with Islamic teaching.

==

Similarly, thanks should be paid to the workers of MTA [Muslim television Ahmadiyya], by Jalsa participants, and by those who live in Canada but could not come, and by worldwide Ahmadis..There are many local MTA volunteers from Canada, some are workers, some came from the center, London. All of them worked hard all three days to show live Jalsa programs. A team comes from London wherever Huzur (a.t.) goes. This year, the central team brought a Dish for uplink instead of renting it here. It was very beneficial and we remained independent time-wise, and saved money too…..This way overall, we saved 10-15 thousand dollars also and faced no restrictions.

==

Thus all the members of the Jama'at should be thankful to the services given by all the workers of all the departments. Similarly all the workers must be thankful that Allah the Exalted enabled them to serve. Allah the Exalted says that you be thankful and I will increase you in capacities and talent and will grant you other blessings also. When Allah says "yazedannakum” [I will bestow more favours on you.....from ch14:v8] then He does not limit it rather when He gives He gives abundantly. This is the way of the believers that on every success and good thing they are thankful to Allah the Exalted and whenever find weaknesses, seek His mercy and say Istighfar (help, cover & forgiveness).

==

Huzur (may Allah be his Helper) said that there may be weaknesses in the big projects but the guests who ignored weaknesses and generally praised the efforts, workers should be thankful to Ahmadi guests and the non-Ahmadis guests for that. For example, talking about the weaknesses, the department of Hospitality did not evaluate the attendance correctly on the first day of the Jalsa. Even though, a day earlier they had told Huzur (a.t.) that they will cook for 22000 guests, while they cooked for 20000 only. Due to it, according to departmental estimate 2000 people did not get food for which they apologized.

But the guests had also come with the purpose to attend Jalsa. That day or the next day if there was any shortage of food some of them accepted it happily. They did not complaint rather became the reason for others correction also…… A person wrote Huzur (a.t.) that there was long queue for food. After long wait, it was said the food is finished….The person said he was very angry on the administration meanwhile person standing in front of him thanked God that food had finished. He said that he asked him, what are you saying? He said that the person told him that he has some dried bread with him so let us go dip it in the water and eat. Had we gotten food, we would have not been able to act upon this Sunnah. So let us follow this Sunnah also. The writer further wrote, on this not only his anger disappeared rather he was ashamed why he was angry on this and became very emotional that Allah the Exalted has given what kind of people to Hazrat Promised Messiah (peace be on him). ……Thus administration must be thankful to the guests who show such high ethics.

==

CONTINUES

Last edited:

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
This time, this good aspect is shown by administration that instead of concealing their matters and weaknesses they kept an eye on them and expressed them also. But this is not sufficient.. They should write them in their Red Book which is present with administration and do a better planning in future.

==

It seems that this place can hold 18-20 thousand people and not more than that. And now by the Grace of Allah the Exalted, Jama'at is spreading so administration and Jama'at here should think about having a larger place. Huzur a.t. also said: Or at least if you invite me on the Jalsa then this place is not enough for that.. Anyways, you must think about that.

==

The administration has mentioned weakness….More people can write to them for improvement:

=The food for the Arabs was much spicy and was not upto their standards. .It should be corrected. =Then shortage of the food which is already mentioned.

=Food reached one hour late on men's side…Food is taken 30 KM away from site of cooking. Then by mistake the trucks were delivered to women's side instead of men's side. Due to which men had to suffer. It was ok to have men suffer but it is not good to keep children and women hungry. It is good that food was delivered to women.

=Shortage of workers who can prepare food…… Huzur (a.t.) said that this was the responsibility of the administration and because by the Grace of Allah the Exalted there is not shortage of the workers in the Jama'at. The administration has to be mindful and should accept the people who have spirit of service and not the people of their liking. They should change this thinking because there is no shortage of people with spirit of service in Jama'at Ahmadiyya.

=People had to wait for very long for washrooms of Jalsa-place. Some people, patients faced painful situation. Administration was especially asked about this service a day before…In future, temporary arrangements must be done if permanent one is not present.

=There were no arrangements of audio video in the Langar Khana it was an administrative error. It is very important that those workers who cannot go to listen Jalsa they should be provided with arrangements for listening.

=In the back side of the men's marquee, sound was not clear….But during sermon and addresses of Huzur (a.t.) he was told that the sound was normal. He further said that if sound was not right at the rear then he should be informed by the people who were present then.

= Similarly there was an arrangement for the translation for Arabs but they were not informed. Some Arabs met Huzur (a.t.) and said they remained deprived of listen the Sermon on the first day. They knew on the second day was an arrangement for translation was present……. Now the administration should have enough experience to make repeated announcements about the availability of translations, and to get translation-device from certain place. It should be mentioned on the notice board and at the entrances.

==

Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah V (may Allah be his Helper) said: Now I present some comments by guests and newspapers, which turn our attention to the subject of thankfulness that how Allah the Exalted affects hearts of people, our effort is about nothing compared to results.

---- First I will mention expressions of our Ahmadi, Syrian Arab Ahmadis who got first time opportunity to attend such a large Jalsa, to worship freely because there were restrictions. When conditions were not bad even then such freedom was not there. After worsening of situation they were being oppressed since many years.

---- An Ahmadi friend Ahmed Darwesh sahib said: It was my first Jalsa. When I entered the Jalsa and saw the presence of Khalifah of the time, I felt I entered the Islam. The biggest change occurred in his life is that my Salaat is filled with khoshu (asking), Khodhu (obedience) and tazarro (implore earnestly)…[Huzur (a.t.) said: So this is the change which should occur to all Ahmadis, by attending the Jalsa, not for few days but permantly]. I brought one Canadian guest named Simpson, who came with his wife he used to be Christian but now he is an atheist. After attending the Jalsa he said that he had never seen such sincere and true words of love, brotherhood, and peace and security before and he is very happy to hear such kind of Islam. [Huzur (a.t.) said: May Allah do so that this happiness of him become reason to open his heart also]

---- Similarly a Syrian Ahmadi Wahaj Abdullah sahib said that three days of Jalsa were such, that they cannot be forgotten for whole life.. Thousand of people of the best Jama'at of the world gathered with the best person of the world in this era were in Canada. The arrangements of the Jalsa, reception, and abundance of every necessary thing, even arrangements made with consideration of the movements of children was extraordinary.

The atmosphere of the Jalsa was filled with the passions of love and brotherhood. Inviting thousands of people, arranging their transportation, boarding and lodging itself is an unusual act. The addresses and department of translation were very good. I had invited a journalist team and a Muslim family they all were surprised to see the beauty of the arrangements of the Jalsa. And they especially liked Huzur’s (may Allah be his Helper) address of the last day of the Jalsa and love of Ahmadis for their Imam was surprising for the guests.

---- Abdul Qadar sahib said: I saw for first time how huge is Jalsa project and how every worker like honey bee without making any noise or creating any disturbance perform his duty. Everyone wanted to take opportunity to serve especially when they had known that I am an Arab they dealt with me with extraordinary attention.

----Reem Mustapha sahiba said that the Jalsa despite of such huge numbers of the participants was very orderly and organized. Most of all I felt the spirituality seen at the faces of people. [May Allah Will this spirituality is always seen]..We are thankful to all those who participated in the success of this Jalsa, prepared the translations of the speeches and added their share in other services. By the Grace of God the Exalted there is very much increase in our spirituality.

---- Salma Juboti sahib said that seeing the arrangement and organizations of the Jalsa one can say that the Jama'at is united like one body and comprised on the support of each other. We are thankful to the transport department who well arranged to bring at Jalsa and to drop back home. People from various countries, nations, and ethnicity were working to gather only for one goal and that was to spread the message of Islam and peace to the world.

--- Hussain Abdeen sahib said that the moments spent in the Jalsa Salan were the most beautiful moments of my life. I used to watch Jalsa Salana on the TV and used pray that may I be enabled to get chance to attend the Jalsa Salana with Khalifah of the time. But I did not consider that my prayers would be accepted so soon and God the Exalted would grant me more than what I had asked for. I was sitting in front of the stage of Jalsa Salana and in such a time the painful memories of hard days which I had spent in Syria and Turkey were running in front of his eyes. At that time, his heart was filled with praise of God the Exalted and I said that once there were those painful days and now it is this time I am sitting in front of the Khalifah of the time. It is purely fazl of God the Exalted.

--- A Syrian friend Faras sahib said: I have attended for the first time any Jalsa of the Jama'at. It was frightening to see so many people. [Huzur a.t. said perhaps the translator wrote it or he really said so, he might have written it ; I think he said it as words of love.] These people were not only from Canada they have come from many countries and areas. Moreover, they were not from one nation rather they were from many different nations and colors. Similarly, the use of new technology in Jalsa and perfect arrangements and obedience of the attendees of various guidelines, were very faith inspiring. And the most joyous thing for me was the presence of the Khalifatul Massiah and his addresses, from which I was benefited all three days.

Huzur (may Allah be his Helper) said: Anyways, these were expressions of few new or old Ahmadi people from Syria, which I mentioned, they have come here due to situation there.

==

Expressions by non-Ahmadis: Introduction of Jama'at and ways of conveying message are opened with these.

---- Huzur (may Allah be his Helper) said that a German consul told me that he had arrived here four weeks ago. He did not have much introduction with Jama'at . He had been living in various countries…. He said: Till today, I have never listened to such comprehensive speech about Islam [Concluding address at Jalsa Canada]. I saw you have very positive vision. Khalifah have stated the real Islam the one which teaches peace, love and justice and, in every word, a reality was being seen. I wish the time which world media gives to Baghdadi of Iraq and propaganda of ISIS, if give to this ambassador of peace, peace may get established in the world. His each word was based on truth, there was a pain for the peace in the world. I shall spread this message further as much it is possible for me.

CONTINUES

Last edited:

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Huzur (may Allah be his Helper) said: By the Grace of Allah the Exalted the others too become our ambassador like this.

---- There is a member of parliament Judi sahiba, people who live here know her. She said that your Khalifah, according to the situation has entrusted you with the task that you spread the message of 'Love For All Hatred For None' all over the world. And more than that is that Muslims and Non-Muslims build their relationships on the basis of love and all should practice equity and justice. Because if it did not happen then third world war will take place, it is very evident. The common people and the politicians both must work togather for this. This will establish peace and security in the world. She said each of us should take this message to Muslims and Non-Muslims, so that people may know that the deeds of extremists have nothing to do with Islam. Indeed these are extremists who are defaming others for their aims,

---- There was a guest from Seven Day Evangelist Church. He said: Today my heart is very happy that Khalifatul Messiah has told about peace and security. Now it is necessary that people should recognize Jama'at Ahmadiyya and what Jama'at Ahmadiyya is doing, people should know it. Muslims are not those which media tells to people. The real teaching of Islam is very peaceful.

---- The mayor of Belize had attended, he had come to UK also. He said: This address had moved me deeply the way he (Huzur a.t.) shed light on international affairs. From this I had come to know that Khalifatul Messiah is not only guidance for Ahmadis rather he can be a source of guidance to whole world. The things which Khalifatul Messiah mentioned in his address I will not be able to forget them ever.

---- A guest, mayor of this area. He gave message to Jama'at. It is a special chance for us we should progress in our spirituality. We get message that we should do good treatment to all human regardless their religion. We should remember what your Khalifah has taught that establish peace in the world. It is obligation for us to fulfill our responsibility.

---- A guest from Brampton said that the only message in Jalsa he has got, is to spread peace.

---- A guest [who listened Huzur’s concluding address on Jalsa] said: It was amazing, I do not have words to state my feelings.

---- A lady Yasmin sahiba, she is MP, she said: Khalifah’s address to women was very nice, especially that a mother is like a foundation of the family and makes whole society strong.

---- A lady, Marilyn said: This her ninth Jalsa but I was impatience to hear your Khalifa’s address. I saw everyone treating other with respect. And everyone was aware of importance of this Jalsa, security arrangement was very good, sound system was working good and video monitors were also of a high quality. I was happy to see the head sets for the translation because without this the our purpose to come to Jalsa would have not been served. Because then I would have not been able to listen to the words of Imam of Jama'at Ahmaidyya. Like always, you people deal with the guests with respect though all of us are not worthy of it and for that we are thankful to you. It was very impressive to see thousands of Ahmadis filled in favor of peace and love, and this scene was opposite from the negativity of Europe and Arab. I felt tranquility by seeing the unity of the attendees.

Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah V (may Allah be his Helper) said: The guests who come to Jalsa Salana they go back with good impression by the Grace of Allah the Exalted. Some guests had come from abroad I mentioned some. They returned with very good impression, especially those who come to our Jalsa-s from Central America and South America, when they observe the atmosphere of the Jalsa their erroneous views about Islam are removed. As in these countries we have new missions. In last few years some people have accepted Ahmadiyyat and Jama'ats are established so some difficulties are also faced. But due to coming of some high officials from those countries to Jalsa, the facts become evident on them and we get ease to work there and their cooperation is acheived. Mostly people from these countries come to UK Jalsa but some had come here also. Thus, Jalsa in this sense opens ways for propagation. Anyhow where Jalsa Salana provides means for the spiritual uplift for the Ahmadies, there it becomes the means of Jama'at's introduction and connections with others too. The world come to know the real picture of the Islam.

For last few years the conditions of the Muslim countries and due to it developing situation in world has turned the media’s eye to Jama'at Ahmadiyya. The first thing is that it is the Grace of Allah the Exalted that He had turned media attention towards us. Otherwise earlier despite of our calls they would not come. Next to that, our youths have played a great role who by the Grace of Allah the Exalted created extensive relationship with media and connected with them. The Canada’s media team, which mostly consists of youths increased the connection with press and media with very hard work. I did not e know that here in Canada our youths are playing role to this extent. I came to know this when I came here that by the Grace of Allah the Exalted the youths are working hard. MashaAllah. I have observed many boys working on it. This is also a propagation which our youths are doing through the press and media. They are very passionate. Some of them made connection with large newspapers and channels, some channels gave very good response. Some would say we have no interest in religion so we cannot print the news of your Jalsa. Or if your Khalifah has come we have no relation to it, we cannot come for coverage. Some youths were upset on it also, but Allah the Exalted too shows scenes to strengthen their faith. For example they contacted one of the newspaper or a channel but they showed lack of interest. [A Syrian stated, it may be the same media team.] These youths wanted them to send their representative on the Jalsa so as the true message of Islam Ahmadiyyat should reach the nation. As I have said that Allah the Exalted does His works. The same channel had to make perhaps a documentary on Syrian refugees and when they went in search of Syrian refugees then by chance or it should be said that Allah the Exalted wanted this, this was destined that the Syrian they met they were Ahmadies. They told them that our Jalsa is going on come there. There you will know all and we will talk to you there. This is how this media who had refused previously had to come. Anyhow, Allah the Exalted extensively introducing Jama'at by one or other way. Vast introduction of Jama'at Ahmadiyya due to role of media these days in the world. And those Ahmadis who volunteer for this I ask them to continue to increase this work by more hard work and humility. Always remember the base that it is the fazl / blessing of Allah which always join our state, and His fazl should always be sought…….On the first day of the Jalsa on Friday, some media people from newspapers, radio, and TV channels came here for a small press conference and they interviewed also. That got a good coverage and Jama'at was introduced . The true teaching of Islam was explained. I delivered them the message of the Hazrat Promised Messiah (peace be on him). I always try -- in any possible way, whether talk is about current affairs or any other thing about Jama'at Ahmadiyya -- to connect in some way with prophecies of Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him) and coming of Hazrat Promised Messiah (peace be on him) so that reality of Islam is known to these people. Anyhow the summary of coverage given by media to Jalsa is as follows:

Three largest newspapers of Canada Toronto Star, Globe & Mail, and National Post covered extensively the news of Jalsa. In their view message reached to 3.9 million people.

Other than these three newspapers the message reached to another 5 million people through more than 25 other newspapers. Message reached to another 300,000 people through 8 Urdu, 10 Punjabi, and 3 each Spanish, Arabic, and Bengali newspapers. The largest radio station of Canada 680 News says that they have 2.5 million listeners the Jalsa news reached to them also. Through social media in which Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Periscope are included they think that through them the message reached to 20 million people. Then there are CTV, Global TV, Citi TV, Rogers TV, and including CBC more than 16 main stream channels televised the news about Jalsa. Through which they think that message reached to 25 million people. The news of Jasla Salana reached to another 1 million people through Urdu, Punjabi, Bengali, Arabic, Ghanaian, and other TV channels.

Anyhow collectively through TV channels 6.6 million people, through newspapers 2.2 million people, 3.5 million through radio stations, 2.8 million people through social media. According to the report collective they think that the news reached to 16 million people…..If we make a very conservative estimate even then in reference of Jalsa news the message and the introduction of the Jama'at reached to at least 10 million people. The news I have seen and heard at media, they have given news of Jama'at, Jalsa and our very regiously. Thus, this is the work of Allah the Exalted that He is doing and the introduction of the Jama'at is spreading. But with that this thing turns our attention to the fact that we may not be happy with only these things. Rather we should increase our spiritual conditions and relationship with Allah the Exalted. We must take that thing evil, which Allah the Exalted has said as evil. And act on every thing, which He directed to do. If Allah the Exalted is giving the opportunity to serve, then consider it divine blessing. And all the office holders and the workers also perform their duties on the precept of Taqwa. All the attendees and those who listened the Jalsa should make review of themselves that, what they have listened to during the Jalsa they still retain that, and are trying to make it the part of their lives. And analyze this also that how to embrace and adapt the good things and try to hold them forever. This is, the real thankfulness to Allah the Exalted, not a temporary and short-timed thankfulness. Thus, keep this always in front of you and this is how Allah the Exalted always continue to increase His blessings and bestow them. May Allah the Exalted enable each Ahmadi to act at these things, who truly recognize Allah the Exalted and make the connection with Him. [Aameen]

====

Based on Friday sermon (October 14, 2016) Canada, by Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah V (may Allah Help him with His Mighty Help), alislam.org and mta.tv

Last edited: