• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Revelation 13:8

Faybull

It doesn't say that all on the earth will worship it, but rather in all ( meaning every part of it) parts of the earth"...As to be rendered: "...all over the Earth it will be worshiped..."

Makes quite a difference, really.

"and all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain."

If you were to seriously address the passage, you would find that the second part negates the first, so that the first in such a case is not true...
But more so, you would find it doesn't say what they are saying it says.

truth4u

It doesn't say that all on the earth will worship it, but rather in all ( meaning every part of it) parts of the earth"...As to be rendered: "...all over the Earth it will be worshiped..."

"and all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain."

If you were to seriously address the passage, you would find that the second part negates the first, so that the first in such a case is not true...

Revelation 13:8 English Standard Version (ESV)
8 and all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain.

This is speaking of the beast which has been given its power by the dragon [Satan]. The word "beast" symbolizes governments of the world, specifically world powers. This can be seen by reading Dan. 3:3,17,23 Jesus helps us to realized just what great power that Satan has over human governments, because Satan offered Jesus all the governments [kingdoms] of the world, if Jesus would worship him instead of God. Matt. 4:8-10 While human governments are allowed to exist temporarily, we shouldn't put them ahead of God. So, people who look to human governments as the solution to our problems and obeying these governments over God, are giving these governments the equivalent of worship. So, I agree with you that "It doesn't say that all on the earth will worship it." But, "all over the Earth it will be worshiped."

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

Who? I think your reading that incorrectly.

Faybull

Who? I think your reading that incorrectly.

This is a direct passage, in that it relates to the discourse of the end in such places as Matthew 24:24.
Whereas, typically rendered:
"For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect."

Yet, it is:
"False prophets will raise up a false Christ, bestowing ( or placing, attributing to) great signs and miracles (attributed to this false Christ), to lead many astray, if possible, even the elect."

See, the beginning of the Chapter in Matthew 24:
"Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, I am Christ, and will deceive many."

Whereas, the "many that will come with my name (Jesus)= the false prophets.
They will say, I am the Christ ( Jesus= the I here)
And deceive many.

Just as it relates in verse 24.

Just as it relates in Revelation 13.