• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Resurrection questions.

turk179

I smell something....
Had an interesting couple of thoughts occur to me a little while ago and thought I would ask here. The main point of resurrection is to be reborn lifetime after lifetime and to eventually get it right and end up in Summerland or Valhalla or wherever it is you finally end up. What if your life was unexpectedly ended by an accident? Would that be one more thing that would have to be fixed or would it be chalked up to fate? Does fate, if it exists, have a hand in resurrection?

alexander garcia

Hi, you speak of many different concepts and religious thought of different beliefs, but not as to scripture. There are some religions that share these beliefs but not scripture.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
turk179 said:
Had an interesting couple of thoughts occur to me a little while ago and thought I would ask here. The main point of resurrection is to be reborn lifetime after lifetime and to eventually get it right and end up in Summerland or Valhalla or wherever it is you finally end up. What if your life was unexpectedly ended by an accident? Would that be one more thing that would have to be fixed or would it be chalked up to fate? Does fate, if it exists, have a hand in resurrection?

To my way of thinking, the accident can well be a part of the reason why you were born into that particular life. You can also look at it from the other perspective; say the accident was caused by someone else - that person's life may well have been directed at the accident.

There may be a total randomness to the 'accident' as well.

The thing is to understand all this from the frame of complete objectivity; not form the view of us little humans on Earth, wrapped up in our (to us) important lives that seem reasonably long, but from a holistic point of view.

Goodmness knows how many lives we have; the sum total of the length of all those lives may be what would seem to us an incredibly and impossibly long period. Or it may all be 'out of time'. I personally have tried to kill myself four toimes, and have (obviously) had no luck............

Now, was it meant (for me) that I should fail ? -or was I to carry on living because of the other interactions with others in this world?........I guess we'll only ever know when death comes. But anythoughts on this have to be purely speculative.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I believe that the accident was only an accident to the living. While there are things in this life that you must go through in order to learn the lessons you must, I believe the way, and when, we die is planned. Aside from suicide, there is an order to things that must be followed. There is a purpose for the death. It is not only your "time", but it may also be a tribulation that a close one must deal with.

Now, if I'm wrong, and there is the chance of going before your "time", then I'm sure that would be made up with the next life.

BFD_Zayl

an accident is an accident, the gods are understanding, they will allow for a few mishaps here and there as long as you make up for them. the gods arnt programmed "lets see... he was going to give something back to a friend that his brother stole, but got hit by a car... he is now a SLUG living in the salt flats!" they just wouldent do that. if your still not puzzling over the slug thing, i hope you understand.

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
turk179 said:
First, I believe there are no accidents. Everything happens for a reason. Second, I believe that fate is determined by karma, and karma most definitely carries over from one life to the next.

To make things even more complicated, the way it was explained to me is that not only does your soul return to balance karma, it comes back multiplied.