• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Respect and Recognition of Spirit

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Namaste

Those who practice namaste bow to those they engage with.

Bowing can also be a form of humility. If we all come from the same source, can any of us truly be self-assured that we are better/worse than another? do the clothes we wear, or don't wear, make us anything but temporarily fashionable?

I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

I do not like people for what they wear. I like them for how they treat themselves and other sentient beings.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Namaste

Those who practice namaste bow to those they engage with.

Bowing can also be a form of humility. If we all come from the same source, can any of us truly be self-assured that we are better/worse than another? do the clothes we wear, or don't wear, make us anything but temporarily fashionable?

I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

I do not like people for what they wear. I like them for how they treat themselves and other sentient beings.

You should like me.

I am very sweet and tolerant with sentient beings.

Ciao

- viole

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
I don't see the respect for the spirit here.
How does one represent that respect.
Namaste
~~:constructionworker:~~
~~:praying:~~

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Yah..I get Cortana also...but that doesn't really answer the question !
The OP asks for respect for ones spirit, doesn't it ?
How this `respect` honor one's spirit,
how does one sense the other person's spirit ?
How does one sense by validation the other's evil or good ?
:constructionworker:
:praying:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yah..I get Cortana also...but that doesn't really answer the question !

The OP asks for respect for ones spirit, doesn't it ?
self's desire to be doesn't have to diminish other self's right to be too. we reap what we sow. we can't take from another what we're not willing to give in return. the golden rule doesn't have different standards and measures. love in action makes all as ONE.

How this `respect` honor one's spirit,
the right to exist without impediment or forced assistance.

how does one sense the other person's spirit ?
a tree is known by it's fruit. a wolf in sheep's clothing by it's actions, a person by their attitude toward self and others as self.

How does one sense by validation the other's evil or good ?
friendly/unfriendly

And we will never be alone again
'Cause it doesn't happen everyday
Kinda counted on you being a friend
Kinda given up on giving away
Now I thought about what I wanna say
But I never really know where to go
So I chained myself to a friend
'Cause there's nowhere else I could go

Last edited:

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Fool.
It seems your assigning subjective qualities to objective attitudes aren't you ?
You seem to assume that one's actions to another recipient are competitive.
I think we are approaching this subject from different directions, aren't we ?
Oh well...I guess it will work out in the not too distant future, maybe I'm confused,
as usual !
Peace be with you

Electra

I love love bowing.

My body just started to do it.

Only once some one has pointed it out and i was like , "ya and it's polite to return the offer" hahah

I already started to do it and then after i visited Japan the habbit got greater for a while haha

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I love love bowing.

My body just started to do it.

Only once some one has pointed it out and i was like , "ya and it's polite to return the offer" hahah

I already started to do it and then after i visited Japan the habbit got greater for a while haha
i picked up the practice some years ago. just started doing it. people laugh sometimes because its unexpected i suppose.

but don't forget to lookup, the heavens are full of possibility.

Last edited:

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
hey Fool,
Liked the song, and I like very few.
I saw ripples on an endless pond, and echoes of it all !

Last edited by a moderator:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
hey Fool,
Liked the song, and I like very few.
I saw ripples on an endless pond, and echoes of it all !

this whole scenario is like the orgia. the music, the dancing with others in my mind, sometimes in sync, sometimes cutting remarks(slashing) at me. at times i'm in state of ecstasy

the cuts causing re-order. tear it down. build it again. tear it down. rebuild it again. some are tearing me are pulling me apart. some are sowing me together again. i'm like osiris being dismembered and isis finding my disparate parts and making me whole. But where is my penis?

Orgia may have been earlier manifestations of cult than the formal mysteries, as suggested by the violently ecstatic rites described in myth as celebrated by Attisin honor of Cybele and reflected in the willing self-castration of her priests the Galli in the historical period. The orgia of both Dionysian worship and the cult of Cybele aim at breaking down barriers between the celebrants and the divinity through a state of mystic exaltation:

Dionysian orgy allowed the Bacchant to emerge from the 'ego' to be united with the god in the ecstatic exaltation of omophagia, dancing and wine. … This kind of bodily mysticism and psychosomatic liberation had only temporary effects each time — the period of the ekstasis

we feed off each other

Last edited:

Electra

i picked up the practice some years ago. just started doing it. people laugh sometimes because its unexpected i suppose.

but don't forget to lookup, the heavens are full of possibility.

You may have started to wobble a little too sometimes, so much fun.

Dudee i love.

Yes, that is still a consant reminder to keep my head up and take up space.
How silly to feel guilty to just take up my space.
Slowly slowly.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

In America, depending on how further you are in the city, respect is showed by looking in the eyes. We feel we have your full attention and equalness when we are eye-to-eye with a person. It also shows senority and the type of relationship the person has with the other.

As other cultures bow, we sometimes do slight bows of the head for "I acknowledge you" but not in a greetings way. You see this a lot when walking by strangers. Mostly its eye contact so bowing is rare unless we know the culture of the person we are speaking with.

There isnt much humility here in regards to covering ones face, bowing, and others. The only time Ive seen humility is when someone worships. But to a person, we dont show respect in that matter.

Qualities of eye-contact are equality, authority, level of relation (child vs adult and teacher vs coworker), formality, and alerting someone to their attention.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
In America, depending on how further you are in the city, respect is showed by looking in the eyes. We feel we have your full attention and equalness when we are eye-to-eye with a person. It also shows senority and the type of relationship the person has with the other.

As other cultures bow, we sometimes do slight bows of the head for "I acknowledge you" but not in a greetings way. You see this a lot when walking by strangers. Mostly its eye contact so bowing is rare unless we know the culture of the person we are speaking with.

There isnt much humility here in regards to covering ones face, bowing, and others. The only time Ive seen humility is when someone worships. But to a person, we dont show respect in that matter.

Qualities of eye-contact are equality, authority, level of relation (child vs adult and teacher vs coworker), formality, and alerting someone to their attention.
direct eye contact is usually between those who know one another in some relationship. those who aren't know are seen as threatening.

direct eye contact with most animals will get you in trouble. its a sign of aggression.

What Eye Contact Means to a Dog