• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Replacing Christianity and Hinduism with Mithraism

Pleroma

philalethist
Both Christianity and Hinduism are bastardized versions of Mithraism and there is no truth in Christianity and Hinduism. Both Christianity and Hinduism are corrupted and it only produces fanatics and atheists. I am going to replace Hinduism and Christianity with Mithraism where religion was science.

"if the growth of Christianity had been arrested by some mortal malady, the world would have been Mithraic…"

- Ernest Renan

"Virtually every Christian, deep down, understands that their religion is ridiculous. The proof is that almost none of those who profess belief in Christianity behave in a way that would ever be associated with the alleged message of their religion. They are supposed to be unselfish, kind, loving, caring, peaceful, gentle, charitable, helpful, resistant to greed, uninterested in power and glory. In practice, they are selfish, cruel, hateful, uncaring, cynical, violent, callous, aggressive, unhelpful, greedy, out for themselves, obsessed with power, glory, money and status. If Christians behaved in anything like the manner they are supposed to, the world would be unrecognisable. Nowhere is the vileness of Christianity more apparent than in America, full of the most despicable Christian fundamentalists imaginable."

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
"Virtually every Christian, deep down, understands that their religion is ridiculous. The proof is that almost none of those who profess belief in Christianity behave in a way that would ever be associated with the alleged message of their religion. They are supposed to be unselfish, kind, loving, caring, peaceful, gentle, charitable, helpful, resistant to greed, uninterested in power and glory. In practice, they are selfish, cruel, hateful, uncaring, cynical, violent, callous, aggressive, unhelpful, greedy, out for themselves, obsessed with power, glory, money and status. If Christians behaved in anything like the manner they are supposed to, the world would be unrecognisable. Nowhere is the vileness of Christianity more apparent than in America, full of the most despicable Christian fundamentalists imaginable."

That's not a problem with Christianity. That's a problem with people! You could be a professing Taoist, Jew, Buddhist, Hindu etc etc etc and still go against the teachings of your professed faith. That doesn't automatically mean that that faith is inherently bad, it just means people are ignorant arrogant hypocrites. Isn't that why even the Bible says to judge someone's fruit of labors by their actions and not what they say? Because you could say anything you want, but actions speak louder than words.

Religion, because it is often put on a pedestal, often gives one a safeguard against criticism. So of course some people are going to use it as a shield to justify their own pitfalls and to discriminate against whomever they want to. That's a human flaw, not necessarily a religious flaw.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Both Christianity and Hinduism are bastardized versions of Mithraism and there is no truth in Christianity and Hinduism. Both Christianity and Hinduism are corrupted and it only produces fanatics and atheists. I am going to replace Hinduism and Christianity with Mithraism where religion was science.
Go ahead, no one stopping you. I see, you don't mention Islam and Buddhism.

Chakra

Premium Member
Is this the Persian religion you are talking about, or the Roman one?

Also, I would say that the religion doesn't create fanatics or atheists (at least for Hinduism). It is simply misinterpretation.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006

"if the growth of Christianity had been arrested by some mortal malady, the world would have been Mithraic…"

- Ernest Renan

Christians are also unselfish, kind, loving, caring, compassionate, peaceful, just, gentle, hospitable, charitable, forbearing, helpful, simplistic in their living, equitable, forgiving and fair. Christianity isn't about making "perfect people." It's about helping people live into the fullness of a whole humanity -- including the warts, weeds, and goats (ever actually read Matthew??). Christians are full human beings, just like all other people.

Your take, however, is interesting, in that very, very little is known of Mithraism.

Stormcry

You are just babbling here..

Pleroma

philalethist
You are just babbling here..

No dude, I am damn serious. Both Hinduism and orthodox Christianity truly sucks and they have deviated from the truth. No Christian truly lives by the principles of Jesus Christ, St Paul and St Peter and no Hindu literally believes in the existence of the Vedic gods and worships the Vedic gods. Both Hinduism and Christianity are bastardized versions of Mithraism.

Pleroma

philalethist
Go ahead, no one stopping you. I see, you don't mention Islam and Buddhism.

Islam and Buddhism? Allah is no different from the ignorant jealous god Yahweh. He didn't succeeded with his efforts with Judaism and Christianity hence he introduced Islam into the world to achieve his means which is to make all of humanity worship only him and not any other gods.

Buddhist philosophy is anti-Vedic. We and Buddhists don't gel with each other.

Pleroma

philalethist
Christians are also unselfish, kind, loving, caring, compassionate, peaceful, just, gentle, hospitable, charitable, forbearing, helpful, simplistic in their living, equitable, forgiving and fair. Christianity isn't about making "perfect people." It's about helping people live into the fullness of a whole humanity -- including the warts, weeds, and goats (ever actually read Matthew??). Christians are full human beings, just like all other people.

That's what a non-Christian expects Christians to be but in reality they are simply mean, rude and out for themselves with their stupid ideas like the Original sin, which forcefully makes every man a sinner, so what's wrong if we sin we were sinners from the beginning and we all are sinners. This is the attitude among Christians, there is no repentance, there are no God fearing Christians any more, they all are hypocrites. Jesus Christ has so much respect all over this world but Christians doesn't deserve to be live in his name.

Christians themselves accept that they are mean. When did Christians Become so mean?

Gospel of Philip says, one who sins is a slave of sin. Man is above sin. But this so called orthodox Christianity teaches the very opposite of this and enslaves human beings from seeing the truth.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I do hope you realize Hinduism predates Mithraism by centuries upon centuries. Mithraism is a Persian import to Rome. Hinduism also has teachings that have nothing to do with Mithraism. Hinduism is so vast and ancient to assert it comes from Mithraism is like saying Alexander the Great was inspired to fight with a sword after watching the movie 300.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
That's what a non-Christian expects Christians to be
Apparently, based on the rest of your rant, that's not what you expect.
they are simply mean, rude and out for themselves with their stupid ideas like the Original sin, which forcefully makes every man a sinner, so what's wrong if we sin we were sinners from the beginning and we all are sinners. This is the attitude among Christians, there is no repentance, there are no God fearing Christians any more, they all are hypocrites. Jesus Christ has so much respect all over this world but Christians doesn't deserve to be live in his name.
Translation: "WAAAAHHHH!!! Christianity isn't what I expect it to be, so rather than try to really understand it, I'm just gonna whine about the things I misperceive."

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Islam and Buddhism? Allah is no different from the ignorant jealous god Yahweh. He didn't succeeded with his efforts with Judaism and Christianity hence he introduced Islam into the world to achieve his means which is to make all of humanity worship only him and not any other gods.

Buddhist philosophy is anti-Vedic. We and Buddhists don't gel with each other.
Yes, monotheist Gods are history's known destroyers. If you go by the experience of the Dharmic forums in RF, Hinduism and Buddhism seem to go happily hand-in-hand. :)

Acintya_Ash

Bhakta
no Hindu literally believes in the existence of the Vedic gods and worships the Vedic gods.
Do you think Vayu, Agni, Surya etc exist as persons?
When you see everything is spirit, you experience a different world than those who view it as an object, that i think was the Idea behind praising the Vedic Gods via Hymns. It also keeps us humble and connected with the Nature so as use it sustainably for welfare of all rather than thinking of manipulating it for selfish whims.

hari om

Andal

resident hypnotist
"Both Christianity and Hinduism are bastardized versions of Mithraism"

Which Hinduism are you speaking of? And please present your evidence for making the claim that Hinduism is "bastdarized" Mithraism.

Aum Hari Aum!

Chakra

Premium Member
Pleroma-ji has not logged on for some time. I get the feeling that our queries will not be answered soon.

Andal

resident hypnotist
Ah, makes sense. I posted this before I saw that the discussion had been quiet for some time.

Aum Hari Aum!

outhouse

Atheistically
Both Christianity and Hinduism are bastardized versions of Mithraism

You don't have a single credible source to make such a claim, do you.

As a matter of fact, most credible scholars claim Mythras started after Christianity had started. And it is also a mystery religion with little to no real evidence beyond speculation being they left no written documents behind.