• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious Wars

mahayana

One truth about koans is that they can't be explained, getting past the puzzle is the purpose. When you love your enemy the meaning of enemy disappears, he's a human being in the same boat with you. He is you. Your war is against yourself, love is imperfect if you are your own enemy, the universal soldier who "kills you for me, my friend, and me for you" is us.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
mahayana said:
... "kills you for me, my friend, and me for you" is us.
I'm laughing at myself - with no humor intended, I have to say that it took me a short bit to work through this set of pronouns. Kind of like the song "I'm my own Grandpa". :)

Mahayana - I do not intend to disrespect your post, as I am in agreement with your statement. I'm just a little slow on the uptake on some of these.

Thanks,
TVOR

mahayana

Actually, it is a line from a song (The Universal Soldier, Buffy St.Marie, 1965?). Even the title has been co-opted by action films. Humans seem addicted to the absurd enterprise, marching off to war. And we train young people to be assassins and bombers. To paraphrase another line from that song "he fights with missles and with machetes." Guess it's all part of the peace process, hah!