• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious reactionaries prevent global spread of democracy

In decrying the human rights abuses continuing in the Israeli occupation of the West Bank, some have asked why the Jewish people are doing to the Palestinians what they would not want done to their own people, terrifying things that have happened historically. This is a good question, but unfortunately one asked with the assumption that the Jewish people themselves are guilty. The truth about it is that the Jewish people, the same Jewish nation that suffered through the Holocaust, are not guilty of anything. The blame must fall squarely on the shoulders of the Muslim and Arab right wing.

Religion has been described as the "opiate of the masses." It also can be a hallucinogenic drug akin to LSD in the hands of fascists and the right wing. Many reactionaries today are duped into thinking they "see God's will" when they are actually watching the machinations of the world's greatest charlatans. These people in reality aren't concerned about religious messages of well-being and happiness; they are only concerned with the capitalist domination of the masses and the resources of the world.

The right wing of all major religions perverts an innocent belief in a higher power. They impede the progress of humanity for purposes having nothing do with G-d but with greed. They understand how easy it is to "slip a Mickey" into the fountain of faith from which others drink. However, many people use faith to gain strength for battles against this very same right wing, the imperialist polluters of those faiths.

We should examine all religious movements carefully. Do they seek to help the very needy, or do they hoard wealth for the sake of gaining more? Do they seek to bring about a society in which absolute equality is a reality by fighting racism, sexism and homophobia, or do they perpetrate age-old stereotypes and hinder understanding?

Faiths are polluted not with the aim of getting all G-d's children to heaven but to whip them into a frenzy that would see them kill or be killed, grabbing for their ruling class another people's lands and resources, a cheap labor force and, oh, maybe, while the imperialists are at it, an oil pipeline near the Caspian Sea. Those temporal concerns outweigh any other concerns by those who use religion as a tool to sway the masses to join wars against terrorism or "against the infidels" - wars that kill, starve, terrorize and turn to ashes the lives of workers worldwide.

Millions of workers' lives are caught in the crossfire that blazes around the world. Those wars blaze, not because some higher being wants them but because the small percentage of human beings who control the world's wealth decree they happen. Only by seeing through the machinations of the right wing of the world - and saying "no" to the right wing's wars - will we move past the stage where vicious humans can use God as a stalking-horse for imperialist and/or reactionary power.

Behind the smokescreen of Christianity, the Christian right-wingers support imperialism and work to deny women the right to control their own bodies. Behind the smokescreen of Islam, the Islamic right wing denies rights to protesters and women and is a reactionary force that commits acts of terrorism against liberal democracies. It seems as if all of those claims would create a god who is less than honest, sort of a jokester.

We must be serious. It is time for Christians and Muslims both to stop using "G-d's promises" as a weapon of mass mayhem and destruction towards humanity. There is much to be done on the earth. Every day, 30,000 children under the age of 5 die of preventable causes. Combined, 3 billion humans in the world have less in total assets than the richest 300 people in the world. Whose "will" is that? Let's look at the human thievery, chicanery and warmongering criminality that would create such ungodly statistics. What's happening here is no great mystery. The small percentage of the world's people who have grabbed land, hoarded wealth and amassed weapons through owning the means of production are determined in their greed to have it all, even if it means blowing up most of the world and the world' s workers to do so. For the imperialist charlatans, their true definition of hell is a united international working class and their allies willing to battle toward universal rights and equality. Now is a great time, as young students and future leaders, to begin this battle and give them a taste of that right here on Earth. And to do that, we must courageously take up arms against such reactionaries so we can continue forth in the bright future of social democracy.

Jeremy Mason

In decrying the human rights abuses continuing in the Israeli occupation of the West Bank, some have asked why the Jewish people are doing to the Palestinians what they would not want done to their own people, terrifying things that have happened historically. This is a good question, but unfortunately one asked with the assumption that the Jewish people themselves are guilty. The truth about it is that the Jewish people, the same Jewish nation that suffered through the Holocaust, are not guilty of anything. The blame must fall squarely on the shoulders of the Muslim and Arab right wing.

Religion has been described as the "opiate of the masses." It also can be a hallucinogenic drug akin to LSD in the hands of fascists and the right wing. Many reactionaries today are duped into thinking they "see God's will" when they are actually watching the machinations of the world's greatest charlatans. These people in reality aren't concerned about religious messages of well-being and happiness; they are only concerned with the capitalist domination of the masses and the resources of the world.

The right wing of all major religions perverts an innocent belief in a higher power. They impede the progress of humanity for purposes having nothing do with G-d but with greed. They understand how easy it is to "slip a Mickey" into the fountain of faith from which others drink. However, many people use faith to gain strength for battles against this very same right wing, the imperialist polluters of those faiths.

We should examine all religious movements carefully. Do they seek to help the very needy, or do they hoard wealth for the sake of gaining more? Do they seek to bring about a society in which absolute equality is a reality by fighting racism, sexism and homophobia, or do they perpetrate age-old stereotypes and hinder understanding?

Faiths are polluted not with the aim of getting all G-d's children to heaven but to whip them into a frenzy that would see them kill or be killed, grabbing for their ruling class another people's lands and resources, a cheap labor force and, oh, maybe, while the imperialists are at it, an oil pipeline near the Caspian Sea. Those temporal concerns outweigh any other concerns by those who use religion as a tool to sway the masses to join wars against terrorism or "against the infidels" - wars that kill, starve, terrorize and turn to ashes the lives of workers worldwide.

Millions of workers' lives are caught in the crossfire that blazes around the world. Those wars blaze, not because some higher being wants them but because the small percentage of human beings who control the world's wealth decree they happen. Only by seeing through the machinations of the right wing of the world - and saying "no" to the right wing's wars - will we move past the stage where vicious humans can use God as a stalking-horse for imperialist and/or reactionary power.

Behind the smokescreen of Christianity, the Christian right-wingers support imperialism and work to deny women the right to control their own bodies. Behind the smokescreen of Islam, the Islamic right wing denies rights to protesters and women and is a reactionary force that commits acts of terrorism against liberal democracies. It seems as if all of those claims would create a god who is less than honest, sort of a jokester.

We must be serious. It is time for Christians and Muslims both to stop using "G-d's promises" as a weapon of mass mayhem and destruction towards humanity. There is much to be done on the earth. Every day, 30,000 children under the age of 5 die of preventable causes. Combined, 3 billion humans in the world have less in total assets than the richest 300 people in the world. Whose "will" is that? Let's look at the human thievery, chicanery and warmongering criminality that would create such ungodly statistics. What's happening here is no great mystery. The small percentage of the world's people who have grabbed land, hoarded wealth and amassed weapons through owning the means of production are determined in their greed to have it all, even if it means blowing up most of the world and the world' s workers to do so. For the imperialist charlatans, their true definition of hell is a united international working class and their allies willing to battle toward universal rights and equality. Now is a great time, as young students and future leaders, to begin this battle and give them a taste of that right here on Earth. And to do that, we must courageously take up arms against such reactionaries so we can continue forth in the bright future of social democracy.

I like what your saying, but taking arms is adding flames to the fire. Instead, we need to use other resources like communication to thwart these destructive anomalies.

JEWISH LEFTIST, You write: "We should examine all religious movements carefully."
If one is to talk about religious movements ,or really any topic ,it would certainly be prudent to
examine the topic carefully before opening mouth or taking up ones pen. This is not to say that
you have not done so.

IMO the same applies to Secular Humanism!

You also state," Do they seek to help the very needy,..." It is in this vein that I seek to briefly
explain my Humanistic take as a declared 'Non Theistic Secular Humanist' (SH).

In contrast to you I would say that I am Center Right in my Humanistic thinking.

First off to clarify my Non Theistic designation: I do not refer to myself as an Agnostic or an Atheist (although I do have an idle interest in the "God Concept"), simply because a "God" or
Gods play no part in my daily existence and will have no part in my eventual death.

Regarding my SH I am Center Right in view of my intent to help only those needy who demonstrate that they will HELP themselves and other needy parties AS BEST THEY CAN WITHIN THE SCOPE OF ALL THEIR ABILITIES as limited as those might be. I am conservative enough to not wish to prop up "Free Loaders" and emotionally I can easily just write them off.

Regarding Isreal & Paestinian relations and how they abuse each other in that regard, I am confident that both sides realize that any eventual peace treaty is NOT likely to stop future
attacks by religious &/or political extremists. These are spreading, India & Packistan more recently, and as I see it is likely to worsen. That should not be aloud to stand in the way of
peace dialogs anywhere.

The seeking of and the misuse of power has quite probably always held sway, to one extent or another, in our world. Religion and politics have not been and are not immune from the lust for power and the seeking after of power's cohort ,money.