• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

religious items

Alfie

Hello everyone!
Can you help me? My parish will soon celebrate its patron saint's festival (Saint Cecily, November 22nd) and I would like to give my parishioners a little religious gift, such as a rosary or a prayer ring...just a small thing, but for many people (nearly 100). I'm looking for a good shop or site where buy it at good price and I've tried this one: http://www.holyart.com/
Do you know it? Have you ever tried it? I think it's italian, but it ships all over the world and I've found some pretty stuff...comments seem good as well!
What do you thing? Where do you buy this kind of religious objects for everyday praying?

Thank you very much to all of you!!

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm picky about my purchasing habits in general, but especially when it's something related to religion. In general, I make purchases that are in keeping with my ethics as much as possible, which means never buying new when I can buy used, and being mindful of where and how the product was created. On the whole, I strongly prefer to craft my own religious items, and if I must buy them, I will get them from other artisans when at all possible.

But my values aren't yours, and if you don't care if you get mass produced crap that was made in a way that's neither sensitive to the environment or to human labor conditions, get what you want.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Hello everyone!
Can you help me? My parish will soon celebrate its patron saint's festival (Saint Cecily, November 22nd) and I would like to give my parishioners a little religious gift, such as a rosary or a prayer ring...just a small thing, but for many people (nearly 100). I'm looking for a good shop or site where buy it at good price and I've tried this one: http://www.holyart.com/
Do you know it? Have you ever tried it? I think it's italian, but it ships all over the world and I've found some pretty stuff...comments seem good as well!
What do you thing? Where do you buy this kind of religious objects for everyday praying?

Thank you very much to all of you!!

If you buy rosaries, to make it "special" you could get them blessed. Actually, whatever you buy you could get them blessed. Maybe crucifix key chains or those medal finger rosaries. Holy water might be a little weird to give, in my opinion. At the Church I used to go, they have little quote medals from different saints. You can get saint cards with the prayers in the back; thats cheap.