• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious hatred and intolerance

jewscout

Religious Zionist
I think that hatred and intolerance within a religion is based upon who's teaching/preaching. If your rabbi, paster, preacher or imam is telling something chances are you may wind up agreeing with them. I think it's important to teach that though people have different beleifs that it doesn't necessarily make them evil people. Of course this goes against the docterine of Christianity and Islam which encourage proselytizing to non-beleivers which may also be a source of anger and hatred especially between these 2 faiths.

Ronald

The old addage, "Power Corrupts, Absolute Power, Corrupts Absolutely!"
Take the image of the after-effects of 9-11, a majority of the world was unified, passionate and compassionately resolved to stop terrorism. It takes an incorruptable leader to hold and direct a unified world. That is yet to happen. Someday!

huajiro

Wes said:
The best bet would be to possibly get rid of religion completely and do something different. Each group has good things, but all groups depend upon out dated myth to perpetuate their views (except some Buddist and Hindu.) There needs to be a different movement today, what it looks like I don't know.
It may just work...what turns many people away is the fact that they feel judged. If you start from scratch, you eliminate that.

huajiro

Sunstone said:
Sometimes I get the impression that the future of religion will be created and hammered out in forums just like this one.
I am ready when the rest of you are.