• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(Religious Freedom) Now a crime in VA to attend services?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
The Constitution guarantees the right to a peaceable assembly. Separation of church and state ALSO means the state cannot compel the church's practices.

The question is where the line is drawn regarding "the general welfare" (health).

i have absolutely no problem if the religious wants to pray in a church. And I have no problem even if they unite in prayer in close proximity to each other. And I would not put any constraint on the number of people who can gather.

with the constraint that they stay inside that church for two weeks, at least, before getting out.

Iow, they have the right to pray, and infect each others as much as they want, we have the right to quarantine them, if they endanger others with their irresponsible behavior.

Just in case prayers are not sufficient, of course, as they usually are :)

Ciao

- viole

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
oh its justa foregleam of whats going to happen. interesting to see how fast the government did shut things down church wise
The exact same speed that they shut down going to the movies, going to a bar, going to a restaurant, or any other non-essential business or activity that revolves around people gathering. Like sport events and concerts. Those where closed, as well. What's interesting is to see how Christians ignore everything else to focus on themselves so they can claim persecution. But there are no unequal laws, no jail time or fines others aren't facing, and no hungry lions.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Or a grocery store?

Good-Ole-Rebel
Nope.

I keep my elderly mother-in-law away from the grocery and pharmacy. I go and wash thoroughly when I get back.

The fact that you're unable to distinguish between food and meds or church and bars, tells me a great deal about what your religion has done to your judgement.
Tom

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
In other words, you really do not read what I write, and you just proved it. It's "dianaiad wrote it, I'll go attack it because no matter what, she's wrong" Even if you have to make something up..
You're idea will not work, it's not feasible, and it's not practical. It's hard enough getting people to stay home as it is. And the way you Christians are screaming persecution now, what will it be if your way is granted? Undue hardships because you can't just go to church then about hour day like usual?
Or we justmake this easy and simple, and make everyone follow the same law. This idea that "we're Christian and should be exempt from following the law" is bull****, and people have died fromit before this.

cataway

The exact same speed that they shut down going to the movies, going to a bar, going to a restaurant, or any other non-essential business or activity that revolves around people gathering. Like sport events and concerts. Those where closed, as well. What's interesting is to see how Christians ignore everything else to focus on themselves so they can claim persecution. But there are no unequal laws, no jail time or fines others aren't facing, and no hungry lions.
actually the weJW's have been planing/ knowing that such a thing could /would happen . they were ready
what churches are doing ?? likely closing . there is the electric church, TV, some will watch perhaps because there noting else to do.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Nope.

I keep my elderly mother-in-law away from the grocery and pharmacy. I go and wash thoroughly when I get back.

The fact that you're unable to distinguish between food and meds or church and bars, tells me a great deal about what your religion has done to your judgement.
Tom

There is a lot more people at one time in grocery stores today then there are many churches.

Good-Ole-Rebel

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
There is a lot more people at one time in grocery stores today then there are many churches.

Good-Ole-Rebel
Take it up with the government.

Since it is the Government, which is mostly Christians, by the way, that say churches are not essential.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Since it is the Government, which is mostly Christians, by the way, that say churches are not essential.

The government is mostly Christian? Ok.

I'm taking it up with those who think Christian gatherings should be quarantined. If that is the case, then quarantine everyone who goes to the grocery store.

The atheists's and pagans are going to b***h either way. If the Christians meet they are responsible for the spread of the virus. Then if the Christians don't meet, guess what we will hear. You didn't have enough faith in your God to meet.

The bottom line is the world will let you meet when it thinks it is important. But when it isn't important to the world, then by all means, you can't meet.

Good-Ole-Rebel

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

Good-Ole-Rebel

My mother-in-law is accustomed to going to church 3 times a week. Not being able to go has been a huge problem. She watched her minister deliver a sermon via Facebook this morning. It's just not the same.

But even she knows that church will wait, but eating won't.
You really don't get that?
Tom

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
The government is mostly Christian? Ok.

I'm taking it up with those who think Christian gatherings should be quarantined. If that is the case, then quarantine everyone who goes to the grocery store.

The atheists's and pagans are going to b***h either way. If the Christians meet they are responsible for the spread of the virus. Then if the Christians don't meet, guess what we will hear. You didn't have enough faith in your God to meet.

The bottom line is the world will let you meet when it thinks it is important. But when it isn't important to the world, then by all means, you can't meet.

Good-Ole-Rebel
*yawn*
oh those poor poor christians.
Being told they do not get special privileges means they are being so unfairly persecuted....

download.jpg

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You didn't have enough faith in your God to meet.
I actually said something like that to m-i-l.

I felt bad immediately, and apologized. I wouldn't have said, "I guess Jesus doesn't always Save" if I weren't a bit stressed myself. Not only am I stuck here with her griping about everything, but the floorboards of my car filled up with water yesterday. I don't know for sure if the heater core sprang a leak or the firewall. And there's no repair places open, at the moment. :mad:
Tom

Good-Ole-Rebel

*yawn*
oh those poor poor christians.
Being told they do not get special privileges means they are being so unfairly persecuted....

View attachment 38325

Yall are the ones b*****ng. We can still meet in small groups. Have our Bible study. Worship our Lord Jesus Christ. Sometimes,....don't tell anyone....we may even go over the limit.

No problem though. We will just say we were gettin groceries.

Good-Ole-Rebel

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Yall are the ones b*****ng. We can still meet in small groups. Have our Bible study. Worship our Lord Jesus Christ. Sometimes,....don't tell anyone....we may even go over the limit.

Good-Ole-Rebel
Did you read the OP?
That wasn't us *****ing.
Tom

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

Good-Ole-Rebel

People like you are the reason that the problem has gotten out of hand. It's pretty simple, if you want this over with sooner so you can have your church meetings do as the Government advises. If you want to harm your family and friends then do as you suggest. I know which the Christian option should be.

cataway

governments does not care about religion . it would rather it simply go away . to much conflict in religion