• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious Creation Myths: Just a Dream ???

yuvgotmel

Creation Myths: Just a Dream ???

As a Kabbalist, a student of creation magic, I have a great deal of interest in the creation myth as told in Genesis and also in various other beliefs around the world throughout the known history of humanity on earth. In those creation myths, there are many overlapping patterns. Yet “proof,” in a “tangible” view seems somewhat elusive. Historical and scientific evidence appears to be lacking.

What follows is a working theory, a suppositional conclusion based on years of observation of dreams of mine & others, occult & religious studies, and the research of consciousness. To understand the subject matter proposed herein will require a detachment from what would be considered more logical conclusions made from a particular algorithm that many people attribute as “reality,” “life,” “the waking world,” and “conscious-awareness.”

Letter to the sleepers:
Jung spoke of archetypes in the super-consciousness. Like so, having monitored dreams for years, I am amazed at the similarities of the dreams and their symbolism, especially considering that the dreamers often come from diverse religious backgrounds. There appears to be more cohesiveness in the dreamers and their dreams than what is noticeable in “reality” (for lack of a better term). It may be that the dreamers are somewhat-more flexible or receptive while “asleep,” having relinquished some of the pre-conditioned responses and fears that are more prevalent during “conscious awareness.” Therefore, many common barriers that separate humans are overridden, allowing for complex ideas to enter without as much resistance from otherwise “logical” reasoning, fears or prejudices.

[Although religious backgrounds, other influences and interests may affect dreams, there appears to be many key elements, which do not fit into a logical explanation of the dreamers’ known environments, and yet persist even with distinct cultural & religious differences. Perfect examples of this are a dream that I had on August 28th, 2001, which was heavily laden with Masonic, Egyptian and Antediluvian symbolism; and another of Thomas Paine. Perhaps dreams tap into a priori knowledge and/or past lives, but that is not the purpose of this topic.]

Specifically concerning the various creation myths, I have wondered if the authors, mystics, and poets, who have written of the origins of humanity, received their information from a collective field of dreams: a database in the super-consciousness—collecting, calculating and redistributing the results through dreams, synchronicities and other hidden elements of our environment to the sleeping souls in a morphogenic fog.

It is what I would term a “Dream Matrix”: a fluid state, without real form, not quite developed, and uncrystallized.

As stated before, historical verification has been especially murky, yet the prophets, poets, artists and mystics, throughout history, have described very similar creation myths. Modern science disputes many of the claims made by religious-based myths. As seen in very controversial debate of Evolution vs. Creationism, both extremes have some obvious flaws, especially considering the time needed to evolve and the age of the Earth and the universe. [I do not want to debate either of those arguments. I stated that simply as an example for the readers that require more explanation.] A dear friend of mine, who is also a member of this forum and who will remain anonymous at this time, has most likely pin-pointed the problem and solution between the polarized theories. He wrote:
“Creationists and intelligent design believers have major problems with any form of evolution, and evolutionists have major problems with morphic fields. In the end, though, I think Intelligent Design will carry the honors but bible believers will gag, particularly when it is seen that Intelligent Design includes meta-laws that spawn multiple universes with radically different properties. Noaspecific metadesign will be more of a problem for strict creationists.”
It is my belief that his assessment and theory is correct. I believe within the Dream Matrix, those prophets and mystics of all types are pulling the information from that place that others may also call the Ether, which may or may not be “Truth” with a capital T, rather a collection of data uploaded, calculated and redistributed many times over, a constant renewing, in a fluid motion of evolution (in the realm of consciousness and the super-consciousness).

I would like to emphasize that I believe that the Dream Matrix is in an evolutionary condition. And too, the creation myths, given by the ancient mystics, may have been correct for that particular moment in the evolutionary state. This may account for why the origins of the myths themselves seem to be as elusive as the evidence to support them. Most often, the myths are said to have been handed down through the prophets through divine inspiration (i.e. from “god”). However, I believe that the authors of those myths may have literally dreamed of those things. That should not to be confused with imagination as in “dreamed up an idea” but rather literally experienced the things they wrote about by tapping into the Dream Matrix. …And I wonder: as science and technology evolves, if the information, which is continually uploaded to the Dream Matrix, will also result in new creation myths to be distributed among the dreamers.

As a modern mystic, (as YmirGF so eloquently described the term), it can be difficult for me to discern the difference between “life” and “death.” Like the Egyptians believed, the “afterlife” (for lack of a better term) can be just as rich and adventurous as “the waking world.” For me, life & death is much the same as waking & sleeping; and it is often perplexing as to which is more “chaotic”: the waking world or the dream state. And too, there seems to be interaction between the two (worlds): Imaginal Reality #1 and Imaginal Reality #2.

Any thoughts on this?

I will write more on this soon, but I await your comments first.

Thanks in advance.

I second that!

This post is dedicated to YmirGF and XAAX the Banned. :rolleyes:

samfibian

Hi Melissa!!

I have some of my own thoughts on this - combined with some of your, John's, & Dan's posts [that veered off in the "Three Channels" thread @ EB], plus some other things to put into words. Time, focus, & energies are not permitting this just now. Maybe we can chat once I make a bit of headway on it later this week. I think I can sew up the gist in two or three pages.

Very nice post!
Thanks for the referral here!

yuvgotmel

It's great to see you here! :cool: Welcome to the forums and all that jazz. I sent you some welcome frubals to start you out too.

...And I eagerly await your thoughts!