• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

religious based schools to take non religious children

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
Victor said:
My kids are too small to attend school yet and that is still in the works of conversation between my wife and I. But I do know a teacher at an RC school. I honestly thought most kids at the school were RC until she told me otherwise. She said only about 60% were RC kids. That many of their day to day activities were filled with options for the non-RC kids. She said that it worked out pretty good.

That sounds pretty much like my son's school, though I'd say that the percentage of RC kids is probably higher. I must say that I was very pleasantly surprised by the school's attitude to our faith when the crossing issue came up. I was initially annoyed because William came back from school doing a very lazy looking one fingered cross from left to right within about a week of us getting him to do a cross properly for the first time at Church (I'm not criticising your tradition, but in ours such a way of crossing, even if the direction was corrected, would be seen as insincere and disrespectful). Obviously, I didn't want him to do that in Church and nor did I want him confused, so we immediately explained to the teacher. She apologised said she was unaware of the difference and now (and I've seen this with my own eyes) she actually corrects William if he gets it wrong. That was an outcome I really didn't expect. I have, as I said, nothing but praise for my son's school when it comes to their tolerance of our religious differences.

James

Kcnorwood

My wife & I dont have kids YET! : hamster : But I'd say no but we really havent talked about it because we have more then enough time to think about it. Here in South Carolina the schools are really bad. So I would like to move before our kids are ready for school
(when we have kids) The part of town we live in right now has one of the best schools in S.C but by the time we're ready I'm sure we'll be moved by then.
By good grades are inportant so who knows as long as they didnt teach any beliefs
I might go for it. Time will tell.