• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion & Medicine

elmarna

I think Religion is like medicine.
In the native American Church I was with for over a decade you learn that "bad medicine is something not healthy for you. It is not the concept that is wrong but the application. You can have a drug you take that makes you well while the person beside you takes the same drug & nearly dies from it.
I have a great fondness for all the things in life that helps me see, learn & grow into the best possible good person I can be. While I am always comforted by the fact that people who are honest & sincere in helping me on the way I wonder if they ever explored the fact that while it was "good" for them it may not be advantagous to me to support them when i have found my smile & do not mind listening -just not likely to take it in. It does not mean we must be offended.
It is a world full of teachers & lessons with a great world to support!
I am always sure when I come here that the value of the peoples & their right to have their voices to be heard counts for something!!!!
I always welcome anyone to call upon me. It is a world of great wonders & a life worth living if we share & find what we need along the way to see our smile found!

Last edited: