• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion: A Solely personal experience

RedStorm

Pride and Arrogance
I am a writer, sceptic and Atheist.

But first in importance, I am a writer.

No, I do not have any college degrees or even my high school diploma yet (I am in eleventh grade) but these are not important. What is important is the interest and then the ideas.

And my biggest influences in my writing is old religions (Christianity, Olympianism, indigenous stories)

The way I have consumed them all they have their different styles, some are more boring than others frankly haha but that is besides the point.

In my stories and poems I have gods, goddesses, entities of all sorts and they have different points and purposes.
Most of my family is christian, they all have their different views on it but they all believe in Christ. I would bet my left eye that every single one has a different image of his intentions and his appearance (whether he has one or not) through their testimonials to me trying to convince me to convert.
I have had no connection to this god though through my passion in my own writings, I feel a connection to the Gods I have created.

Religion is a solely personal experience, whether you don't believe christianity because you think it is boring and wanted to convert, or you saw your ancestry was Nordic and wanted to dedicate yourself to Asatru you have picked something that no one else can see and planted your passion in it. This is ok, humans make things out of nothing, which I do as a writer.

I smoke, I know it will not help keep me alive

Make your decision now because we don't know what is beyond the event horizon of death. Just know what that decision is.

This is my opinion of life as a (almost 17, 1 month away!) 16 year old.

RedStorm

Pride and Arrogance
I know.

Ive read up on the daily grind that many adults hate facing. I do have a fear of aging past the age of 25.
I want to die young but I don't. Its hard to explain.

But since the world gives you the choices (at least in my case) I will take it if I want.

I am not clueless

RRex

Premium Member
I know.

Ive read up on the daily grind that many adults hate facing. I do have a fear of aging past the age of 25.

But since the world gives you the choices (at least in my case) I will take it if I want.

I am not clueless

Forty was when I got old. I could actually feel it.

As to the subject of your thread, religion must be a personal experience. Between genes and environment there are a myriad of ways people differ from each other.

Faith must be tailored to accommodate individual needs.

I grew up Catholic, but never bought the story. We spent every Sunday morning, as a family, listening to the same BS over and over again. I used my time productively to dream about horses.

Now that's a religion I can get in to. :)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I am a writer, sceptic and Atheist.

But first in importance, I am a writer.

No, I do not have any college degrees or even my high school diploma yet (I am in eleventh grade) but these are not important. What is important is the interest and then the ideas.

And my biggest influences in my writing is old religions (Christianity, Olympianism, indigenous stories)

The way I have consumed them all they have their different styles, some are more boring than others frankly haha but that is besides the point.

In my stories and poems I have gods, goddesses, entities of all sorts and they have different points and purposes.
Most of my family is christian, they all have their different views on it but they all believe in Christ. I would bet my left eye that every single one has a different image of his intentions and his appearance (whether he has one or not) through their testimonials to me trying to convince me to convert.
I have had no connection to this god though through my passion in my own writings, I feel a connection to the Gods I have created.

Religion is a solely personal experience, whether you don't believe christianity because you think it is boring and wanted to convert, or you saw your ancestry was Nordic and wanted to dedicate yourself to Asatru you have picked something that no one else can see and planted your passion in it. This is ok, humans make things out of nothing, which I do as a writer.

I smoke, I know it will not help keep me alive

Make your decision now because we don't know what is beyond the event horizon of death. Just know what that decision is.

This is my opinion of life as a (almost 17, 1 month away!) 16 year old.

When you start getting near that "event horizon" under any circumstance, you could begin to see it's not as much a spector or as unfamiliar in reflection.

Religion can be a joy all the same through iconic expression.

VioletVortex

I know.

I am not clueless

I want to die young so I never end up frail, but I also want to get old and wise.

However, men who actually get adequate excersize and eat healthily don't get frail. Testosterone decline, loss of muscle mass, weight gain, and osteoporosis are all results of our societal conditioning; we are conditioned to not perform much physical work. It starts with the indoctrination into the modern education system. Physical work is important to stay alive.

I think that the distinction between religion and spirituality is that religion is the communal practice of spiritual rites, and spirituality is the practice of one's own spiritual rites. To me, both are important. I am quite spiritual, and I would like to talk to other Odinists. I don't see religion as essential to spirituality, though.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I know.

I am not clueless

I'm 35 and I figured it out. Every decade in a half you dread the next decade and a half. Like, I didn't want to be 21, now I'm dreading 40. Less than 5 years I'll be forty and I think I'm going through my quarter life crisis right now. Then you hit forty and think, okay, now what. Then fifty, you like, I'm old. Then I look at the people who live as my community neighbors. One just turned 100 almost a year go.

Then I figure, age could be how we feel but I think it's a cultural association. Some cultures don't even see aging the way Americans do.

As for your OP, I wouldn't have thought you were 16. I mean, I studied Christianity, but at 16, I was in and out of the hospital; so, Im kind of glad I dont have to relive it. On the other hand, I already can't remember, now I really can't remember things anymore.

Guess age is just a number. But happy birthday (if I forget) anyway. Always good to celebrate a birthday. No day left behind.

What else?

OOOH. You said you are a writer. I am too. I'm finally starting on my novel. I met a friend who writes so she kind of got me started. What do you write? Is it only religion? Is it a hobby? Profession? Something you will make into a profession? Passion? Etc etc. You read?

You dont' have to answer them all. Just happy to see other writers.

It's sooo cool. :cool: