• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reincarnation Videos

challupa

Children speaking of reincarnation is fascinating. Can anyone suggest any books on it?
My daughter has mentioned being here before now. I've yet to pursue it in detail. Though now I really think I should..!
Odion here is a list of some books written by Ian Stevensen and others on Children and reincarnation. I became interested in it one day when my 4 year old daughter came into the room and looked at me and out the blue said "I used to be your mommy you know". With that she turned and left the room. She never elaborated, but it sure shocked me so I started reading up on it because before that I never ever considered reincarnation.

1. Shroder, Tom. Old Souls: The Scientific Evidence for Past Lives. New York: Simon and Schuster, 1999. In 1997 Dr. Stevenson agreed to let Tom Shroder, an editor at the Washington Post, travel with him through India, Lebanon and the United States as he investigated cases of children who seemed to remember previous lives. This is Shroder's book about those experiences. Now out in paperback as Old Souls: Compelling Evidence from Children Who Remember Past Lives from Fireside Books.
2. Stevenson, Ian. Children Who Remember Previous Lives: A Question of Reincarnation, revised ed., 2001. Jefferson, NC: McFarland & Company (originally published by University Press of Virginia, 1987). Dr. Stevenson describes, for the general reader, research conducted over the past forty years. He also addresses some of the questions frequently asked about these cases.
3. Stevenson, Ian. Twenty Cases Suggestive of Reincarnation. Charlottesville, VA: University Press of Virginia, 1974 (originally published as Vol. 26, Proceedings of the American Society for Psychical Research, 1966). Detailed reports of twenty cases of children (from five different countries) who claimed to remember previous lives.
4. Stevenson, Ian. Where Reincarnation and Biology Intersect. Westport, CT: Praeger, 1997. A 200 page synopsis of Dr. Stevenson's 2 volume, 2000+ page Reincarnation and Biology.
5. Tucker, Jim B. Life Before Life: A Scientific Investigation of Children's Memories of Previous Lives. New York: St. Martin's Press, 2005.

Metempsychosis

Reincarnation of 'Anti-religion'
I have a problem with reincarnation is if 100 people die only 100 people can be reborn,where do the rest come from

Earth is just one of the planes of existence,there are 7 heavens and 7 hells ,each person is "attracted" to a plane depending upon in his each action.In a Microcosmic view,these heaven and hells are within oneself."The Kingdom of Heaven is within you";)

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I would figure people aren't the only lifeforms around. The universe is a pretty big place, and our planet alone is ripe enough to produce an incalculable diversity of life, not to forget about the conditions and chemistry that enables it.

Say there are 100 billion lifeforms in the universe,that still means only 100 billion can be reborn.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Earth is just one of the planes of existence,there are 7 heavens and 7 hells ,each person is "attracted" to a plane depending upon in his each action.In a Microcosmic view,these heaven and hells are within oneself."The Kingdom of Heaven is within you";)

Well i'm not sure i want to catch this plane again;)

Mr Cheese

what do you think about the concept of the 8th heaven?

Metempsychosis

what do you think about the concept of the 8th heaven?

LOL.

It may exist.But many religions (as far I know) use the number 7 .Dunno whats so magical about it.:)

I dont know how reincarnation works out exactly.But I am pretty sure that God wouldn't so inhumane to create eternal hell fire for disbelievers.But if at all a afterlife exists,reincarnation seems to be rational option .Still I have genuine doubts regarding how this process started and how ethical reincarnation to lower level (animals) is.

BTW.Does Gnosticism has reincarnation?

Last edited by a moderator:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Say there are 100 billion lifeforms in the universe,that still means only 100 billion can be reborn.

Your forgetting about all the chemistry and organic components still lying around the place. Might be bit of a wait for a re-assembly there. Maybe a couple of universes and Big Bangs later. ;)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So do you believe that reincarnation is a design or just something that is random

I'm not personally privy towards reincarnation but rather, towards to that of rebirth which is very similar to reincarnation (and often confused with), but differs in the regards that there is essentially nothing corporeal that transfers over, such as that of an Atman (soul), or by some other retentive manner or fashion.

I regard rebirth as that of a random and repeating process which is dependent upon the right conditions in order to to manifest (life) and develop form. Once a unique human form goes however, that is it, and so goes all memories and recollections as well forever and ever. Nothing actually transfers and another Human (or other living form) arises. I find the waves on an ocean makes a very good illustration of this, and a lit candle lighting another candle(s) makes a good illustration of non-transference in way the flame is never actually separated yet is solely unique. This is how I view "repeat" lifetimes.

Metempsychosis

I'm not personally privy towards reincarnation but rather, towards to that of rebirth which is very similar to reincarnation (and often confused with), but differs in the regards that there is essentially nothing corporeal that transfers over, such as that of an Atman (soul), or by some other retentive manner or fashion.

This has to be a sticky question.Reincarnation and rebirth are one and the same.

Reincarnation is rebirth seen from dualistic standpoint.You are scratching the surface of Vedanta,but U have a knowledge of buddhism tough.You need to study in depth from books like Yoga Vasistha.

You forgot that atman is brahamn,hence according to nondualistic schools of Hindu philosophy,there is no three atman or two atman etc.In fact,there is nothing other than brahman.Atman or jiva is an caused by movements of ego-sense ,within an infinite space of consciousness.Is the air inside a jar different from air outside it?

furthermore it is the samskaras(past life impressions which give individuality i.e illusion of a separate soul as distinct from the universal brahman) which is reincarnated.Samskaras form a part of Subtle body(sushkma sharira)which forms is assumed to be a sheath around the soul,just as a flame is covered by different degrees of smoke.But the flame,i.e the soul itself is different from the smoke.

Reincarnation is considered to a illusion ,in reality there is neither birth , death nor reincarnation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nadi Astrology in the south india can help one to know about his past life. I have seen many examples. They dont ask you anything. Just asks for the thumb impression. Famous Actor Sanjay Dutt went recently and had his leaf found there. They had his name, his dad's real name (Balraj Dutt not Sunil Dutt) and his mom's real name (Fatima Hussain not NARGIS) and about his previous life details and his future details etc etc on the palm leaf. After learning about his previous life he finds out why this present life he lived went the way it did.

CHECK NADI ASTROLOGY @ wikipedia

Metempsychosis

CHECK NADI ASTROLOGY @ wikipedia
Welcome to RF.I have hinted about this several times.But remember,the sages are not fools,not everyone can get his past life read.Those who are destined to get the readings,there past or future alone is written and not for all.That is exactly the reason why it is known by that name.There are fake ones coming up,They have cent percent accuracy when it comes to past and present,but future hmmm...u have to be lucky to get the correct one.