• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reformation/revival in mono Deity Belief.

Ellen Brown

In thinking about western views on religious revival, brainstorming is indicated.

The belief that I am acquainted with features an increasingly stressful time with humanity having increasingly violent confrontations until we approach an Armageddon. This will include an evil influence that gradually increases in power until anyone who will not worship that evil influence is murdered.

This sort of buys into the idea that humans will fall into more and more conflict, not following any of the admonishment to love our enemies. I have no issue with a Messiah showing up to set everything right, but perhaps in our blatant immaturity, we are still looking for someone to bail us out, after we have destroyed it all?

WHAT IF, Humans that follow the admonishments of a single Deity, increasingly help our cultures to become more peaceful. What if we are able to increasingly control the forces of evil, that originate within us? What if we stop irresponsibly blaming some external evil force that makes us do wrong?

WHAT IF, over the next 50 or 1000 years we learn to live on Earth in a non-destructive way, and heal the planet of so much of what we have done to destroy it? When the Messiah arrives, he sends a positive report to God, and we live here for 1000 years in peace under his direction, and learn how to manage and care for planetary systems. Could this be true?

THEN, at the end of the 1000 years groups of us are sent out to discover other Solar Systems that might exist as places that do not yet have even Dinosaurs. On Water Worlds, perhaps sentient beings never bother with land life? Perhaps they will find gaseous worlds where the life lives in the air, flying on gossamer wings or floating about on bags of gas?

All the evidence I have seen points toward a Universe that is unimaginably huge and likely will not be explored i the time that living intelligence lives.

Just another way to look at eternity.

danieldemol

Premium Member
WHAT IF, Humans that follow the admonishments of a single Deity, increasingly help our cultures to become more peaceful. What if we are able to increasingly control the forces of evil, that originate within us? What if we stop irresponsibly blaming some external evil force that makes us do wrong?

WHAT IF, over the next 50 or 1000 years we learn to live on Earth in a non-destructive way, and heal the planet of so much of what we have done to destroy it? When the Messiah arrives, he sends a positive report to God, and we live here for 1000 years in peace under his direction, and learn how to manage and care for planetary systems. Could this be true?
Great plan :)

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
In thinking about western views on religious revival, brainstorming is indicated.

Its an time of rapid change and uncertainty. Where is God in all this? Look at us two strangers considering the big questions in life and gazing at the stars from across the globe. That has to be a sign of the times. The world has become a global village and people anywhere can communicate with a few taps on a keyboard.

The belief that I am acquainted with features an increasingly stressful time with humanity having increasingly violent confrontations until we approach an Armageddon. This will include an evil influence that gradually increases in power until anyone who will not worship that evil influence is murdered.

I think we've had armageddon with WWI and WWII. Out of that dark time the world was changed forever. Before WWI the world was largely run by Europen Empires. After WWII the whole scene had changed with unprecedented levels of global cooperation. Communism threatened to rock the apple cart and is still in the mix but who saw the Berlin wall coming down along with apartheid ending in South Africa? Nelson Mandela...Wow.

This sort of buys into the idea that humans will fall into more and more conflict, not following any of the admonishment to love our enemies. I have no issue with a Messiah showing up to set everything right, but perhaps in our blatant immaturity, we are still looking for someone to bail us out, after we have destroyed it all?

I have no issue with the Messiah either. I wonder how long it would take till enough people twigged? The forces of light and darkness have been released. increased global cooperation, intermigling of the worlds peoples as never before,the equality of men and women, the blight of racism fading away, and peoples of Faith and goodwill coming together to work for peace.

Its within our hands. We can be the change we want to see in the world. Is Satan really ruling the world? Nah, only the darkness within ourselves as you say.

We can do it. Its within our grasp. Why wait for the Messiah to come. We could pretend He has and consider what He would want from us.

THEN, at the end of the 1000 years groups of us are sent out to discover other Solar Systems that might exist as places that do not yet have even Dinosaurs. On Water Worlds, perhaps sentient beings never bother with land life? Perhaps they will find gaseous worlds where the life lives in the air, flying on gossamer wings or floating about on bags of gas?

It will be a very different world a few hundreds years from now as its so different from a few hundred years in the past.

All the evidence I have seen points toward a Universe that is unimaginably huge and likely will not be explored i the time that living intelligence lives.

Just another way to look at eternity.

I love it.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
This sort of buys into the idea that humans will fall into more and more conflict
The thing is, we have considerably less war and less civil violent crime according to the FBI.

Think about how many international wars (one nation fighting another nation) we have had in the last 10 years; One (Ukraine v. Russia). Most of the fighting in last decade has been against terrorist groups, not international warfare. Now think about 1908-1918, one century ago. You had WWI, which had countless deaths. Or you can compare the deaths from international warfare in the last 50 years to the 50 years before that, and you'll find the same difference. There has been a significant change. Basically, countries have learned that if they want more stuff, they are better off trading for it than going to war, and peace facilitates trade. You even have Arab state having better and better relationships with Israel because they are benefiting from the trade.

The drop in violent crime is especially apparent in the inner cities. It is across the board: murder, assault, rape...

Last edited:

Ellen Brown

The thing is, we have considerably less war and less civil violent crime according to the FBI.

Think about how many international wars (one nation fighting another nation) we have had this century. One (Ukraine v. Russia). Most of the fighting in our century has been against terrorist groups, not international warfare. Now think about 1900-1918. You had the US v. Cuba, and you had WWI, which had countless deaths. Basically, countries have learned that if they want more stuff, they are better off trading for it than going to war, and peace facilitates trade. You even have Arab state having better and better relationships with Israel because they are benefiting from the trade.

The drop in violent crime is especially apparent in the inner cities. It is across the board: murder, assault, rape...

I hope you are right. I am sick of it.