• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reform/Liberal Messianic Judaism?

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
I don't know how active this subforum is, I've literally just signed up a few minutes ago. But good for you!!! I, too, do not follow christianity, I don't call myself christian, the only thing about christianity that I agree with is that Yeshua was/is the promised One to come.
So, I guess you've now got one more Messianic Judaism person here.

Welcome, and Shalom! Yes, there's always just a couple on these forums at any one time, you are #4 so we're a pretty rare breed here ...:p

Last edited:

Tonga

Judaism is definitely a faith centered on belief. This does not mean that you cold believe in G-D and then go murder someone. This simply means that by whole-heartily loving G-D and believing in him, you will ultimately accomplish the actions he wants you to accomplish.

I agree with you. I too am an Orthodox Jew, and have heard it said many times that Judaism is an action based religion, not a faith based one. Nothing could be farther
from the truth.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
I agree with you. I too am an Orthodox Jew, and have heard it said many times that Judaism is an action based religion, not a faith based one. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Shalom! This is indeed often said, but usually in the context of comparison with the type of Christianity which holds that faith is the only requirement. Not all Christians, but certainly many think that way, I know I've debated with many.

It's impossible to imagine a Judaism like that. What kind of Judaism would it be if one just proclaimed faith in our Covenant but did not act on it? Not observe Mitzvot in our life, not of Shabbat or Pesach or ...

Well, you get the point I hope? We affirm and demonstrate our faith in the observance of it's Mitzvot. Faith and Acts combined, integrated, inseparable.