• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reform Feminism!

dust1n

Zindīq
I'm going to hold you to this.

I've quoted feminists who said derogatory and hateful things about men and then was told they're not true feminists because feminism isn't like that. It's the old "no true Scotsman" argument, clearly at odds with what you just said, but I'll bring this up in the future.

I have no idea what you are trying to say to me.

Question_love_act

Humanist... "Animalist"?
Good point. A name change is a good idea.

I never set my mind on this. Sometimes I think that a change of name is a good idea, because language shapes thought and would help to include men.

However, I fear that we forget the history of feminism and break too much with the movement's continuity (though this continuity never excluded changes) by changing its name.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I never set my mind on this. Sometimes I think that a change of name is a good idea, because language shapes thought and would help to include men.

However, I fear that we forget the history of feminism and break too much with the movement's continuity (though this continuity never excluded changes) by changing its name.

I will say that I side more with feminists on most issues than I do with MRAs. Yes, I can recognize that men and boys have pressing issues that need to be addressed, but I often see MRA discussions descending into crass sexism. The misandry in feminism pretty much only comes from second wave radical feminists who are stuck in the '60s and '70s and are largely relegated to the fringe.

Question_love_act

Humanist... "Animalist"?
The misandry in feminism pretty much only comes from second wave radical feminists who are stuck in the '60s and '70s and are largely relegated to the fringe.

Totally agree, that's what I tell people when they pretend that feminism is sexist.

But what is an MRA exactly? :sorry1: (I was looking for a shy smiley and that's the closest I could find!)

I know about masculinist and equigenderist movements, are either one of those MRA?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Totally agree, that's what I tell people when they pretend that feminism is sexist.

But what is an MRA exactly? :sorry1: (I was looking for a shy smiley and that's the closest I could find!)

I know about masculinist and equigenderist movements, are either one of those MRA?

It stands for Men's Rights Activism. They're kind of strange. They do bring up some valid concerns but then they tend to blame everything on feminism and women. At worst, they're full-blown woman bashers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men's_rights_movement

Question_love_act

Humanist... "Animalist"?
Thank you :) in the francophone world, they are called "masculinists".

Indeed, from what I saw, some of them are saying that the Western societies are now matriarchic :biglaugh:

Of course, a society can radically change systems in less than a century! (If you take as true the supposition that our societies are supposedly equalitarian since the 70s.)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Thank you :) in the francophone world, they are called "masculinists".

Indeed, from what I saw, some of them are saying that the Western societies are now matriarchic :biglaugh:

Of course, a society can radically change systems in less than a century! (If you take as true the supposition that our societies are supposedly equalitarian since the 70s.)

LOL. Well, that movement is basically a backlash against feminism. Sure, I criticize some aspects of feminism (I like some like some criticisms of feminism that come from individualist feminists, for one) but they're just overboard. Just angry boys who haven't been able to deal with change.

We're hardly a matriarchy. Lmao!

I think you might enjoy this site: http://manboobz.com/ It criticizes the zanier parts of the so-called "manosphere". It can be pretty graphic at times, so beware. I just found it and I love it. It's run by a guy, too. :)

Last edited: