• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Redemption

s3v3n

Seeker of perspective
And? Does history read any differently? How does a belief in "redemption" not imply "original sin"? All religions are intolerant as they foster an "us versus them" attitude. I believe in love because that is what I do, love. I believe in humanity because that is what I see, humanity. I believe in Redemption by Gackt because it rocks. The other kind is religious nonsense. :D

Two points, first, history is written by the victor, and is subjective, how events are viewed are completely subjective as is the morality of the event. My objection to your comment was that free will was illusion, not whether you were right or wrong about redemption, I asked for your opinion, I wasn't then disagreeing with it just to do so.

Second, if I ask a group of strangers about the three horned jackson chameleon it is not necessarily because I have one sitting on the desk and want to bond over the groups common knowledge, but instead because it is a foreign and strange idea to me and I am interested in what you might know or think about them. In others words, just because I asked doesn't mean I know or believe as they do.

One should not assume too much.

S3v3N