• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Recommended Shiva Books

DeviChaaya

Jai Ambe Gauri
Premium Member
I was also find that quite annoying; however, does it affect the overall translation of the puran or no? I'll what other kind of publications I can find online.

I've found it irritating enough that I never get very far into the telling. If it's not penis this it's vagina that and while I know there is that meaning as well and that creation can quite literally be seen as birth and what not it makes me uncomfortable. I'll probably never manage to get far in any vamacharya path if it relies overly on sexual imagery.

TravisJC

So, I've ordered Shiva Puran, as well as the Lingam Puran. They're publications out of Indian, so I'll have to wait a couple of days but hopefully will report back with how things are going. :)

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
The advantage, in my opinion, although some would say my opinion is incredibly biased, is that its in modern American and simple English. One does not need to wade through swamps of Sanskrit and intellectualism

I look at the William Buck retellings of Ramayana and Mahabharata the same way. I love seeing selected verses of the originals as pearls of wisdom, but if I have to read through 100,000 verses even in English I think my brain would liquify and run out my ears. :eek: