• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Read the bible online

jtb

Hi

Why not put a searchable bible on this site...

I have a few that are public domain properly and (1) that I have copyright permission to distribute that I could give you! They are already ready to be inserted into a database, you would just need to create the search script! If you needed help doing this I could help you code it in the language you like (ASP, PHP, Perl or Java)!

Here is an example of the data......

KING JAMES 12 EDITION COMPLETE!

4','43','John','1','1','2','In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.','17

DATA SET MAP

book = based on type value
number = book number (old > 1 to 39) (new > 40 to 66)
name = book name (John)
chapter = book chapter (Book John, Chapter 1)
part = chapter verse (Book John > Chapter 1, Verse 1)
type = 1 > old testament, 2 > new testament
words = total word for this verse > (Book John > Chapter 1, Verse 1)

Using the example database row above................

COLUMN 1 = 4 = 4th book of the New Testament (because COLUMN 2 > 39 we know it is the [New Testament Book 4])
COLUMN 2 = 43 = The 43rd book in the Bible (because it is > 39 we know it is part of the [New Testament])
COLUMN 3 = John = The book name
COLUMN 4 = 1 = The current book (chapter) [John 1]
COLUMN 5 = 1 = The current verse [John 1, verse 1]
COLUMN 6 = 2 = book from -> New Testament (1 = Old Testament, 2 = New Testament)
COLUMN 7 = the words contained in this (verse)
COLUMN 8 = 17 = total word count for this (verse)

NOTE: all (') are escaped in the comma/d list

example...

Genesis, chapter 3, verse 20, And Adam called his wife\'s

jtb

Rex

Founder
Hmm interesting idea. I have no idea what your talking about but if you think it's something doable just PM me.