• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Read about a demon called Elimi

Erebus

Well he's not listed in the Lesser Key of Solomon, so the easiest way of finding him is out of the window. The only reference I can find to him is in a supposed pact with the Devil written by Urbain Grandier:

We, the influential Lucifer, the young Satan, Beelzebub, Leviathan, Elimi, and Astaroth, together with others, have today accepted the covenant pact of Urbain Grandier, who is ours. And him do we promise the love of women, the flower of virgins, the respect of monarchs, honors, lusts and powers. He will go whoring three days long; the carousal will be dear to him. He offers us once in the year a seal of blood, under the feet he will trample the holy things of the church and he will ask us many questions; with this pact he will live twenty years happy on the earth of men, and will later join us to sin against God. Bound in hell, in the council of demons.
Lucifer Beelzebub Satan Astaroth Leviathan Elimi
The seals placed the Devil, the master, and the demons, princes of the lord.
Baalberith, writer.

So does that mean this demon is a prince of demons or considered a prince of demons?

Poor man, the Catholics are harsh to burn a person at the stake. Especially when it is obvious that the nuns were getting visitation from the star people.:facepalm:

Ignorance and fear, it still applies to this day in age.

Thanks for the information.

Erebus

So does that mean this demon is a prince of demons or considered a prince of demons?

More likely the opposite. The Lesser Key of Solomon was thought of as the "Demonic Hierarchy" and included the Princes, Kings and nobles of Hell. Since Elimi isn't in the list (unless Elimi is a lesser known name for one of the Demons on there) it's more likely he would have been considered a messenger, soldier or some other "lesser" demon.

Midnight Pete

Poor man, the Catholics are harsh to burn a person at the stake. Especially when it is obvious that the nuns were getting visitation from the star people.:facepalm:

Ignorance and fear, it still applies to this day in age.

Thanks for the information.

Who are the star people?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
For those who believe in demons, can the hierarchy shift and power change hands with time, or is the ranking set in stone for eternity?

Erebus

For those who believe in demons, can the hierarchy shift and power change hands with time, or is the ranking set in stone for eternity?

While I do believe in Demons, I don't view the hierarchy as being anywhere near accurate (nor do I think that the individual descriptions of a demon are accurate) since I consider demons to be somewhat alien and multi-faceted. The hierarchies are useful for establishing a mental picture and make for an interesting read, but I don't think they do much more than that.

You have to remember that the hierarchies were created by medieval Christians and so they follow a typical feudal pattern (Satan at the top, then crown princes, then kings and so on). This is the way primitive humans organised society, I very much doubt that Demons mirror it.