• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Re: once with god one cannot sin

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
@Johnlove I have to say a comment on your post #46http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/for-many-be-called-but-few-chosen-”-for-christians-only.182471/page-3#post-4555846

When someone is a child of god, they are washed clean of "inherited" sin. They can sin and if they do, that does not mean they are no longer god's child.

1. Confession/repentence.

When a christian sins they go to confession or ask for repentence (non catholic) so they can reconcile their faith with god. If they are no longer god's son or daughter, there is no reason for confession/repentence because people sin all the time. No one would be children of god if confession was excluded from the sacraments. Because the Church and god teach repentence.

How can you repent and continue taking the Eucharist when you have sined and cut your relationship with god? That would mean you will need to be baptized again...and again....and again.

Unless you are the only one who does not sin? :confused:

Then you have the Eucharist, Jesus Christ. If a christian doez not need to repent because his sin cut his rela. with god, why take the Eucharist?

Isnt that the purpose of Jesus dying for you is that you are in a constent state of sin hence the need for

1. Confession (reconcile youe relationship)
2. Baptism (cause it would be void once you sin again) but CC says one bapt.
3. Eucharist (since one must repent to take JC with a clean heart)

Basicay, just by saying "once you sin you are no longer a child of Christ" you are saying one can loose their relationship with christ.

Once you are married to the Church, you are married for life. If you did mortal sin, that does not cut your relation. That just means you must repent before receiving Jesus.

I talk in this way since I see younare Catholic.

In basic christian terms, though, its like any relationship. You do stupid stuff. That doesnt mean you are divorced it just means you two havd to make amends.

There is a reason why there is no divorce in the Church. Also reason why RCIA is available to fall away Catholics. Its not that they are not Catholics anymore. By confession, communion, and confirmation they are resealing their relationship.

How can you say a christian is not a child of christ if they sin?

How can you say a person is without sin if they become Christian?

They are washed of inherited sin. They are "forgiven" of their sins. They are not sinless until they reach heaven.

:(

That post would have been in my head for ages.

Last edited: