• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Re: Carbon Offsets

SoyLeche

meh...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Save-a-tree-and-offset-carbon_W0QQitemZ200089599886QQcategoryZ1469QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is simple, show your concern for global warming and your love of nature by paying to keep a tree alive. If a tree does not sell it dies, I will cut it down and burn it releasing all the carbon it has stored. So save a tree or help heat the world, your choice.
This auction is for healthy happy tree number 2. You ransom the tree and it gets to stay right where it is in its natural home. Otherwise it dies. Nothing to ship so no shipping charges.
Or, if you hate the world and hate trees, if you win you can ask me to cut and burn it so you don't have to be a tree hugger to enjoy this auction.

Trees number 1 and 3 are dead. The Auctions ended and nobody cared enough to save a tree so now they are dead. When they dry out and their poor little leaves turn brown and start to fall off I will burn them adding all the carbon they had locked up in their brief lives to the atmosphere. I hope you are happy.
Also, as it costs money to list these trees if nobody bids on this tree I will kill it and trees 4 and 5. 5 is just a baby but I will kill it anyway, I will rip it up by the roots and let it die slowly in the sun. If somebody bids to save tree number 2 then I will list 4 and 5 so they will have a chance. It is up to you now.

:biglaugh:

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
What the fig? I actually think it's sad. What's the point in that? :confused: That's defeating the purpose! Geeeeeeeez! What will they think of next? Like the old people in my country say "The more you live, the more you see!" Like my honey says "There are more mad people outside than inside!" I....just...where on God's blue-green earth do they come out from? Oh my....it boggles the mind; it really does!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hema said:
What the fig? I actually think it's sad. What's the point in that? :confused: That's defeating the purpose! Geeeeeeeez! What will they think of next? Like the old people in my country say "The more you live, the more you see!" Like my honey says "There are more mad people outside than inside!" I....just...where on God's blue-green earth do they come out from? Oh my....it boggles the mind; it really does!

The longer you live, the less surprised you will be by people's antics..........

kateyes

I think this is bizarre--and a not so subtle type of blackmail--send me money or I will kill a tree:eek: .

Actually I think the whole concept of PURCHASING carbon offsets is a bit off. Doesn't it strike anyone else as bizarre that rather than trying to reduce your carbon footprint yourself by reducing consumption and creation, you can just BUY your way out of any responsibility.

SoyLeche

meh...
kateyes said:
Actually I think the whole concept of PURCHASING carbon offsets is a bit off. Doesn't it strike anyone else as bizarre that rather than trying to reduce your carbon footprint yourself by reducing consumption and creation, you can just BUY your way out of any responsibility.
I agree. If you feel the need to contribute money to help reduce carbon emissions, by all means, do it. But don't do it to "offset" your personal "carbon footprint". This whole system looks like one of the most creative scams in a long time.