• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rap My Hijab

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I think she should be celebrating.
She lives in a secular country which allows her to choose whether to wear a hijab or not and rap about it. This is not true of all countries. Thank God for secularism.

Sakeenah

She lives in a secular country which allows her to choose whether to wear a hijab or not and rap about it. This is not true of all countries. Thank God for secularism.

I don't think she made this rap to celebrate, it's to encourage other hijabis to stay confident and ignore the hate they might face for wearing a scarf.

Notanumber

A Free Man

Is this what women get up to in the mosque?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
upload_2017-5-13_19-2-40.jpeg

Only problem is in finding whether the burqa covers a grenade/pistol/AK-47/suicide belt beneath the dress,. If not, then OK.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
How does this concern you?

I think this video is reprehensible. The women who made it seem unconcerned with the women in the world who do not have a choice in the matter.

When apostasy is no longer a crime, and we see women in the most conservative Islamic societies freely leaving the faith with no repercussions, then such a video might be appropriate.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I don't think she made this rap to celebrate, it's to encourage other hijabis to stay confident and ignore the hate they might face for wearing a scarf.

You can't please everyone so ignoring hatred directed at you is necessary. What we shouldn't ignore is the rights of women who are forced to wear the hijab against their will. The freedom to choose what to believe and what to wear is important in western culture. It's more important than religious laws.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I had to look up the lyrics and found this to be the point of the rap, a statement of power. And that to me put the rap into focus - just because we choose to wear a hijab, don't mistake us for being meek and submissive because we're not.

Make a feminist planet
Women haters get banished
Covered up or not don’t ever take us for granted

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Islam will perish, Prophet Muhammad once said.

The time is near in which nothing will remain of Islam but its name, and of the Kuran but its mere appearance, and the mosques of Muslims will be
destitute of of knowledge and worship; and the learned will be the worst people under the heavens; and contention and strife will issue from them, and it will return upon themselves.
Ye follower of Muhammad, I swear by the Lord, if ye did but know what I know of the future state, verily ye would laugh little and cry much.
Men will be liars towards the end of the world; and will relate such stories as neither you nor your fathers ever heard. Then avoid them, that they may not lead you astray and throw you into contention and strife.

Sayings of The Prophet | Islamic Values

Sakeenah

I think this video is reprehensible. The women who made it seem unconcerned with the women in the world who do not have a choice in the matter.

When apostasy is no longer a crime, and we see women in the most conservative Islamic societies freely leaving the faith with no repercussions, then such a video might be appropriate.

Even though I'm not really a fan of rap I don't see how her rapping about being a confident hijabi shows she is unconcerned with women who are forced to wear hijab. Hijabis especially in the west can relate to this, a lot of them face hatred, bigotry for wearing it.

Sakeenah

You can't please everyone so ignoring hatred directed at you is necessary. What we shouldn't ignore is the rights of women who are forced to wear the hijab against their will. The freedom to choose what to believe and what to wear is important in western culture. It's more important than religious laws.

I agree we shouldn't ignore the rights of women who are forced to wear the hijab against their will, but we also shouldn't ignore the rights of women who do choose to wear it. I think we should let women decide what they do or don't want to wear and respect their choice.

sovietchild

The time is near in which nothing will remain of Islam but its name, and of the Kuran but its mere appearance, and the mosques of Muslims will be
destitute of of knowledge and worship; and the learned will be the worst people under the heavens; and contention and strife will issue from them, and it will return upon themselves.
Ye follower of Muhammad, I swear by the Lord, if ye did but know what I know of the future state, verily ye would laugh little and cry much.
Men will be liars towards the end of the world; and will relate such stories as neither you nor your fathers ever heard. Then avoid them, that they may not lead you astray and throw you into contention and strife.

Sayings of The Prophet | Islamic Values

Prophet Muhammad once said, "Islam will perish (i.e., knowledge will perish and its traces will be effaced) like the embroideries of a garment perish, until (the time) when fasting, prayer, worship, and charity will not be known; when in one night forgetfulness will pass over the Book (the Qur'an) and not a single Verse from it will remain on the earth. A group of people will remain — the aged man and woman — who will say, 'We were around when our father was upon this word: Laailaha illallaah (none has the right to be worshipped but Allah), but they will not know what is prayer, fasting, worship, or charity."

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I have one of those, don't worry the only thing I hide beneath this dress is chocolate( because I don't like sharing my chocolate).
If I've learned anything about women it's to make sure you know exactly what kind of chocolate she really loves. Because if you fail at this, she'll detonate your suicide belt.