• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Racism in Heathenry

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Let me be more blunt then; it makes your group look like morons. Are you all about intimidating others, or worshiping and honoring the gods?

Let me be more blunt then; it makes your group look like morons. Are you all about intimidating others, or worshiping and honoring the gods?
We honour the Gods and keep the sacred rites but our mission is to wake up the English to hear the call of the blood and the call of the Gods-the two things are inextricably linked. A folk that will not fight for its survival deserves to perish.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Which English? The Britons were historically Celtic. So if you're trying to "awaken" them to the Germanic gods (while also holding some facsimile of "racial and cultural purity") you're already off to a bad start.

Which English? The Britons were historically Celtic. So if you're trying to "awaken" them to the Germanic gods (while also holding some facsimile of "racial and cultural purity") you're already off to a bad start.
You are talking nonsense. You must be American. The English are the descendants of the Germanic tribes and the later Norse that settled and conquered southern Britain. Genetic testing confirms this. The Welsh and Scottish would be furious with you for calling the English 'Celtic'. The Britons' descendants are the Welsh, not the English and not the Scots. There is also a high Germanic content in the Scots of southern Scotland who are really English if they would but admit it. I personally had a German Saxon mother and a father whose ancestry was rooted in Lancastrian Yeomen of Norse descent and the Norman Corbet barons of Shropshire.
German DNA is so similar to English that most testing companies cannot tell the difference between the two-I know this from my experience with Living DNA.
But do not confuse the separate nations of Britain-there is deep antagonism between them.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
The Welsh and Scottish would be furious with you for calling the English 'Celtic'.
Furious or no, they were. The Celtic people were/are not the Irish and Scottish alone. In fact, Wales is one of the Seven Celtic Nations.

But what's really funny about your post is that it's rife with cross-cultural and "genetic" blending. Who are you exactly putting big scary skull masks on for?

Furious or no, they were. The Celtic people were/are not the Irish and Scottish alone. In fact, Wales is one of the Seven Celtic Nations.

But what's really funny about your post is that it's rife with cross-cultural and "genetic" blending. Who are you exactly putting big scary skull masks on for?

I am not here to argue whether the Welsh or the Scots or the Irish are Celtic but merely pointing out that the origins of those peoples are different to the English who are genetically and culturally Germanic and whose primary deity is Woden. I don't know what "cross-cultural and genetic blending" you are referring to. As far as masks are concerned any genuine heathen would understand the mask's cultic and Wodenic/Odinic associations-I mistakenly thought that you did. I am not responsible for the imagery on the Woden's Folk blogs and I have never seen anyone wear a mask like that. Perhaps it was to hide their identity as England has a repressive Orwellian regime which is more concerned in imprisoning people who express political dissent than locking up muslim child rape gangs.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Again, which English? Because the peoples that made up the English when they first formed in the Medieval Period were the Celtic Britons and the Germanic tribes including the Angles, Saxons, Jutes and Frisians. The Britons would have ancestrally worshiped the Brythonic gods, the Frisians would have worshiped the Gaulish pantheon. Both of which are Celtic, and neither of which are Norse/Germanic. All of those people, though, historically had peoples of varying ethnicity among them. They were not "ethnically pure" as you seem to like to pretend.

Your "mask" is also a bandanna, not a mask. Any attempted parallel to any sort of shamanic mask is lost, and it just looks ridiculous. It identifies you as a biker gang, not a pillar of Heathen Culture.

Your education was solely lacking if you do not understand the differences between the different peoples of Britain.
The English have their origins in deep antiquity. The conventional history is that the English migrated from Angeln (Old England) in Denmark along with the related tribes of the Saxons, Jutes and Frisians. These tribes collectively known as Anglo-Saxons accepted the Anglian identity of English. Their blood is all the same. Likewise the later Norse shared the same blood stock as did the Norse Normans. It is these tribes that form the basis of the English peoples. England in Britain would not have existed without the Germanic Anglo-Saxon tribes and indeed England-Engla-land derives its name and identity from these tribes. The historical records tell us that the Anglo-Saxons engaged in genocidal wars against the native Britons-the Welsh and this animosity is still present today, not so much by the English but hatred fostered by the Welsh towards the English. The Britons are not English-they are the Welsh and as far as the Frisians are concerned they are a Germanic people from the northern shores of Europe that had nothing to do with the Gauls.
However as an American and a product of that multiracial meltingpot ( I do pity you) I realise that I must take things slowly with you and not rush your education.
By the way I was practising heathenry before you were a sperm in your father's scrotum so don't lecture me boy about heathenism.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Their blood is all the same.
And yet... We're able to distinguish between them all with genetic testing.

The Britons are not English-they are the Welsh

"Historically, the English population is descended from several peoples – the earlier Celtic Britons (or Brythons) and the Germanic tribes that settled in Britain following the withdrawal of the Romans, including Angles, Saxons, Jutes and Frisians." (source)

as far as the Frisians are concerned they are a Germanic people from the northern shores of Europe that had nothing to do with the Gauls.
Except for the Gaulish culture expanding and coming into contact with Frisia, who then integrated their gods into cultural worship.

You've also no indication as to where or how I was educated, but please, do continue making an embarrassment of your camp. Wotanists never seem to fail in that regard.

"Historically, the English population is descended from several peoples – the earlier Celtic Britons (or Brythons) and the Germanic tribes that settled in Britain following the withdrawal of the Romans, including Angles, Saxons, Jutes and Frisians." (source)

Except for the Gaulish culture expanding and coming into contact with Frisia, who then integrated their gods into cultural worship.

You've also no indication as to where or how I was educated, but please, do continue making an embarrassment of your camp. Wotanists never seem to fail in that regard.
Living DNA cannot separate my English from German ancestry-the DNA looks too alike so how on earth do you expect scientists to differentiate different Germanic tribes? You are talking complete and utter tripe.

Living DNA cannot separate my English from German ancestry-the DNA looks too alike so how on earth do you expect scientists to differentiate between different Germanic tribes? You are talking complete and utter tripe.
You have reached new depths of ignorance if your source is Wikipedia.
You are an American-I have seen your profile-the 'Black Friday' is a real give away and your education wherever it was is solely lacking.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Living DNA cannot separate my English from German ancestry
I'm guessing you've never had a DNA analysis.

You have reached new depths of ignorance if your source is Wikipedia.
You've been noted as using it as well. It's far more accessible than trying to source you a book, wouldn't you agree?

You are an American
You still have no indication as to where and how I was educated. (Hint: People travel)

I'm guessing you've never had a DNA analysis.

You've been noted as using it as well. It's far more accessible than trying to source you a book, wouldn't you agree?

You still have no indication as to where and how I was educated. (Hint: People travel)

You are guessing wrong boy-mtDNA-Oxford Ancestors, Y-DNA-Oxford Ancestors, auDNA-Living DNA, mtDNA-Living DNA and Y-DNA-Living DNA.
Wikipedia is fine so long as you are not quoting unreliable information as the site is very patchy. There is no substitute for books-I am surrounded by many bookshelves crammed with volumes.
I don't care where you are educated-most Americans are generally lacking when it comes to the world outside of the North American continent.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
And the result of those tests? I would bet that it breaks it down quite diversely. Most other DNA tests do, that is.

Wikipedia also was very patchy. In it's infancy. They have all their sources at the bottom, if your skepticism is so great.

As for my education; how do you know it wasn't outside North America? I'll spare you; you don't.

Podo

It's depressing to see modern heathenism get polluted by such racist ideals. The Germanic peoples were, as The Ragin Pagan says, a huge group of diverse individuals. The Norse, especially, cared far more about their kith and kin than they did the genetics of those kin. If you were part of their Innangard, you were important, but how you got there was as diverse as the people themselves. There is also a long history of Germanic folks marrying slaves and war captives, who would be anyone. There are even accounts of Norse having contact with the Muslim world, and we're still uncovering the extent of this contact, but it isn't a stretch to accept that the germanic and norse peoples who traveled far afield participated in other cultures, and brought bits of customs back home with them, be it in the form of slaves, customs, food, or whathaveyou.

The simple reality is that there is no historical or archaeological evidence to suggest that the ancient germanic peoples were ever ethnically exclusive, and there is a vast bulk of evidence pointing to the exact opposite. The Odinists are simply deluding themselves into thinking that the ancients were as narrow-minded as they are.

Last edited: