• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quran and Speed of light

summia

Scriptural reader
substituting the sidereal values of the periods t and T, the NASA value of the measured orbital lunar velocity V = 3682.07 km/hr., and the calculated value of cos@ = cos 26.92848 = 0.89157, we get the velocity of the cosmic affair from eq. 5 as expressed in the Holy Quran.
C=12000 x 3682.07 x 0.89157 x 655.71986/86164.0906
C = 299792.5 km/s

Comparing the obtained value with the international value of C = 299792.458 km/s, we find an extremely marvelous agreement.

(One must not for get that we have used Lunar year coz Quran explains Lunar years and It is Miracle that Quran takes different system but still matching to the international value)

Thus we conclude that the cosmic affair, mentioned in the previous Quranic verse, is identical to LIGHT and all similar cosmic affairs traveling in vacuum with this maximum speed such as: all types of electro magnetic waves propagating between the heavens and the earth, the expected Gravitational waves spreading all over the universe, and all particles traveling in this cosmic greatest speed such as neutrinos.

It is very interesting to mention here the second Quranic verse that hints at the same relativistic Quranic equation in the earth-moon system: God Most High said:
“A day in the sight of thy Lord is like a thousand years of your reckoning” (22:47)

summia

Scriptural reader
Come on the post, who were asking me about this topic!

Today I got more near to Allah Almighty coz I can't imagine He helped me from the heavens (more fast then the Speed of Light :)

Shukran walhamdo llilah e Rubil Alameen!

And YamirGF I never forget that you talked about my friend Mary (Marryyam)!

summia

Scriptural reader
I hope we must now consider the Topic only!
Any question that I have posted,
(Plz before posting read the whole from 34 to 41)

Mary23

Leave them They Are dumb people. when you will post something like fact they can't understaand it.they are because they are unable to face the true facts. :p or I will say truth never touches their upper portion
Yimi/paul! he is just an old maddy person who have nothing to say except "i am better in wisdom" while i have faced him, his all post have great words but wisdom
"TA TA FISH FISH":D
I forbade you once Summia to jion this forum. why you are here. this forum is nothing except getting furbles and gifts. Leave this forum. I'm also forbading other peoples not to join it beacsue it is the forum of "PULLING LEGS"
Sorry, Sorryy

Mary23

I wonder where all Msulims have lost.Are they busy to make repute at this forum. Forget, people here are using you my Muslims fellows as chatting and Teasing. Why can't you understand.Okay me going. I can smell Madllama here. She is comming to close the post. Very Bad Antti she is. I hate:flirt:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
(One must not for get that we have used Lunar year coz Quran explains Lunar years and It is Miracle that Quran takes different system but still matching to the international value)
Please explain something:

The author of your article, and you again here, have used the lunar year (i.e. 12 lunar months), rather than the solar year because of the phrase "of your reckoning" in the Quran quotation.

However, when you decide on what length of time to use for a month, he uses a siderial month (i.e. the period of rotation of the Earth to an observer watching from a fixed reference point away from the Earth) rather than a synodic month (i.e. what would logically be considered a month "of your reckoning").

I find the first assumption (i.e. that a "year" = 12 average solar months) odd, since a person would have been able to "reckon" a year accurately even when the Quran was new. It also seems odd that even though the verse specifically refers to a year (and a year in the Muslim calendar is 354 days, correct?), the author instead decided to define a "year" as 12 revolutions of the moon, which is either 354.3 days (synodic) or 327.9 days (siderial), not just simply as "a calendar year".

Even if we accept, for whatever reason, that the verse in the Quran is referring to 12000 average lunar months, a siderial month is not a month "of your reckoning". It seems that the author has made conflicting assumptions.

I suppose I can accept "a year of your reckoning" to mean a calendar year rather than a solar year... but a calendar year in the Muslim calendar is 354 days, not 328.

Edit: Also, if the "cosmic affair" is God's method of travelling from Earth to Heaven, why would it be limited to the speed of light, anyhow?

summia

Scriptural reader
Mary, I'm not rather at any side.....
I said don't need to Discuss about Individuals.......
PLzzzz Mary I beg.........

summia

Scriptural reader

The author of your article, and you again here, have used the lunar year (i.e. 12 lunar months), rather than the solar year because of the phrase "of your reckoning" in the Quran quotation.

However, when you decide on what length of time to use for a month, he uses a siderial month (i.e. the period of rotation of the Earth to an observer watching from a fixed reference point away from the Earth) rather than a synodic month (i.e. what would logically be considered a month "of your reckoning").

Yeah! good question!

Where is he using sidreal system???

Rather Auther is usig this fact...
(Fact: the synodic periods become equal to the sidereal periods).

I have posted if you read all posts

summia

Scriptural reader
I find the first assumption (i.e. that a "year" = 12 average solar months) odd, since a person would have been able to "reckon" a year accurately even when the Quran was new.

But now Quran is not new....

Now we can calculte reckon years...
See me notes,
These two systems of measuring time are now given in the text books of Astronomy.
sidereal month
27.321661547 + 0.000000001857×y days
synodic month
29.530588853 + 0.000000002162×y days

summia

Scriptural reader
It also seems odd that even though the verse specifically refers to a year (and a year in the Muslim calendar is 354 days, correct?),
Yeah verse is referring ot the year but calandreical year were maintained late in Muslims.

Here one important thing ot note that Allah himself is providing data of
"1000 years"
And we know one year have 12 months, it is also in Quran...
“The number of months in the sight of Allah is twelve (in a year) so ordained by Him the day He created the heavens and the earth; of them four are sacred; that is the straight usage. So wrong not yourselves therein and fight the pagans all together as they fight you all together. But know that Allah is with those who restrain themselves.” (Al-Tauba 9:36)

Even if we accept, for whatever reason, that the verse in the Quran is referring to 12000 average lunar months, a siderial month is not a month "of your reckoning". It seems that the author has made conflicting assumptions.

I suppose I can accept "a year of your reckoning" to mean a calendar year rather than a solar year... but a calendar year in the Muslim calendar is 354 days, not 328.

Edit: Also, if the "cosmic affair" is God's method of travelling from Earth to Heaven, why would it be limited to the speed of light, anyhow?[/quote]

summia

Scriptural reader
So the 1000 lunar years (Note: coz Quran is mentioning in Years) with respect to sun become equal to 12000 lunar months (converting to the months) with respect to stars

In notes and refence site

summia

Scriptural reader
Here must to note that Auther is not taking a specific month but he is taking these two as a fact....

He is taking the given data in the verse of "1000 years" and simply comverting it to months. and months in Quran is "tweleve in a year"

summia

Scriptural reader
When Quran was revealed, Islamic calander was maintained late...
This fact is importand to know that "Quarn giving data itself of "1000 years"" and years in Quran is twelve months...
Edit: Also, if the "cosmic affair" is God's method of travelling from Earth to Heaven, why would it be limited to the speed of light, anyhow?
That's point I was trying to made clear through last post. we are still here not to debate at why "if the "cosmic affair" is God's method of travelling from Earth to Heaven, why would it be limited to the speed of light," coz it is the part of general religious debate.
We are here to heed at the sceintific fact about three verses....

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Here must to note that Auther is not taking a specific month but he is taking these two as a fact....
But the author's average length for a month is 27.3 days. Can you tell me any time in recorded history when a month in the Islamic calendar was less than 29 days?

He claims that "of your reckoning" implies that we should use the lunar calendar, and use lunar months. How were months reckoned traditionally?

What I've read said that traditionally, one month began and the next one ended on the first day that the crescent moon is visble after sunset. If this is a month "of your reckoning", it's a synodic month, not a siderial month.

If the author is willing to disregard the actual method that is used to calculate the calendar when it suits him, he has no reason to give it as the reason to use 12 lunar months as a year, rather than one Earth orbit of the sun.

When Quran was revealed, Islamic calander was maintained late...
This fact is importand to know that "Quarn giving data itself of "1000 years"" and years in Quran is twelve months...
And is 354 days, not 328.

That's point I was trying to made clear through last post. we are still here not to debate at why "if the "cosmic affair" is God's method of travelling from Earth to Heaven, why would it be limited to the speed of light," coz it is the part of general religious debate.
We are here to heed at the sceintific fact about three verses....
And those three verses don't state anything about the speed of light implicitly, they talk about the "cosmic affair" that God uses to travel from Heaven to Earth. It's the author that infers that this "cosmic affair" must travel at the speed of light. Without that link, the rest is meaningless.

summia

Scriptural reader
But the author's average length for a month is 27.3 days. Can you tell me any time in recorded history when a month in the Islamic calendar was less than 29 days?

Very Good point! nice of you!

Tell me onething "In which equation Auther is using 27.3 days"?

I said through the three verses, we have given data...

We are not heeding at what about days, we are dealing with months and years...

In this verse....
GOD rules the cosmic affair from the heavens to the earth. Then this affair travels, to Him (i.e. through the whole universe) in one day, where the measure is one thousand years of your reckoning

What is given??

1000 years

herez checking in Quarn, coz we have to prove form QUran (what is says)
“The number of months in the sight of Allah is twelve (in a year) so ordained by Him the day He created the heavens and the earth; of them four are sacred; that is the straight usage. So wrong not yourselves therein and fight the pagans all together as they fight you all together. But know that Allah is with those who restrain themselves.” (Al-Tauba 9:36)

Wow!who takes tension about days as data is given!

Given date is

1000 years
12 months

1000*12 = 12000

And auther is using the equation for

Ct = 12000L

No days require in the calculation why should we take tension for?

summia

Scriptural reader
He claims that "of your reckoning" implies that we should use the lunar calendar, and use lunar months. How were months reckoned traditionally?

"reckoning" measn "calculations"
"of your reckoning" measn "determination of your calculations"

It means when you will calculate form your sattelite then it will be "1000 years"
Again given data is here!whether you take lunar month or other months "these are always 12 in a year"....

Yeah! I just get one more point!

You need to clearfy "Why Auther is using Lunar month?"

It is mentioned int he verses .....

It is He Who made the sun to be a shining glory and the moon to be a light (of beauty), and measured out stages for her; that ye might know the number of years and the count (of time). Nowise did Allah create this but in truth and righteousness. (Thus) doth He explain His Signs in detail, for those who understand(10:5)

Means given condition according to Quarn is "Lunar month" (moon to be a light (of beauty), and measured out stages for her)

And we see further that we are calculating in Earth-Moon system with the whole unverse. coz out Target is "How Quarn claim that through the Lunar system it is 1000 years of your reckoning"

summia

Scriptural reader
What I've read said that traditionally, one month began and the next one ended on the first day that the crescent moon is visble after sunset. If this is a month "of your reckoning", it's a synodic month, not a siderial month.

We must at least understand up till now that ....

We are using "a synodic month and a siderial month." to prove the fact that....

(I hav mentioned in notes, if you followed them 'form 34 post to upto')

Why need to be equallize them?

coz we need to confirm first that whether you take from "synodic system or siderial system" it is all same....
(as in notes and auther's explaination)
In case of earth-moon system:
However when the Earth-moon system exits the solar system the position of the sun relative to Earth with respect to stars remains the same, (NOTE: in Solar system “Changes”)

That is, the moon now only has to make 360 degrees with respect to stars (Note: it is same in Solar and Earth-moon system) in order to point to the sun again
This means that the lunar month with respect to the sun becomes equal to lunar month with respect to stars and Earth day with respect to the sun becomes equal to Earth day with respect to stars. So the 1000 lunar years (Note: coz Quran is mentioning in Years) with respect to sun become equal to 12000 lunar months (converting to the months) with respect to stars. Also when astronomers study the energy of orbits they use the sidereal system, that is, the moon has to return to the same position with respect to stars and not return to the same position with respect to the sun.)
Question: Why we are talking again and again about “With respect to stars”?
Answer:
Coz we need to measure the Speed of light from the heaven (means whole universe).

summia

Scriptural reader
And those three verses don't state anything about the speed of light implicitly, they talk about the "cosmic affair" that God uses to travel from Heaven to Earth. It's the author that infers that this "cosmic affair" must travel at the speed of light. Without that link, the rest is meaningless.
No NO1 you are wishing to find the proper word of "Speed of light" in Quran...
That's what I said, if you wish to find the all words-match, the you can't...
You can't even in any religious Book!

Okay! lets see what measn by "cosmic fair"

Is this not include "Speed of light in it"?
Or Speed of light is the system of other fairs???
"Speed of light" is the part of "cosmic fair"!

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Very Good point! nice of you!

Tell me onething "In which equation Auther is using 27.3 days"?

In his calculation of "L", the distance travelled by the moon in a month:

L = V * cos(phi) * T

T is the length of a month, which he has assumed to be a siderial month (27.32 days) instead of a synodic month (29.53 days).

This value for L is used in the main equation given for the speed of light:

Ct = 12000L

If you use a synodic month instead of a siderial month, you get a value for C of 324043.6 km/s, which is not the speed of light.

Why need to be equallize them?

coz we need to confirm first that whether you take from "synodic system or siderial system" it is all same....
(as in notes and auther's explaination)
It is not the same.

A synodic month is the length of time from when, to someone watching from Earth, one lunar month begins until the next month begins (for example, the start of one crescent until the start of the next one). This is 29.53 days (though most calendars round to a whole number of days).

A siderial month is the length of time from when, to someone watching on Earth, the moon is aligned with one star in the sky until the next time it is aligned with the same star. This is 27.32 days.

The lengths of times are different because the Earth is moving around the Sun.