• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quotes from scientists

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
I've been collecting quotes from scientists. Thought I'd share some. (One per post so people can comment if they want).

Truth is so obscure in these times, and falsehood so established, that, unless we love the truth, we cannot know it. (Blaise Pascal)

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive. (Blaise Pascal)

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality. (Carl Sagan)

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
Biology is the study of complicated things that have the appearance of having been designed with a purpose. (Richard Dawkins)

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
I think an Agnostic would be the more correct description of my state of mind. The whole subject [of God] is beyond the scope of man's intellect. (Charles Darwin)

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
I believe in intuitions and inspirations.... I sometimes "feel" that I am right. I do not "know" that I am. (Albert Einstein)

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
If we find the answer to that (why the universe exists), it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason. For then we would know the mind of God. (Stephen Hawking)

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence. (Bertrand Russell)

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars. (Charles Darwin)

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. (Albert Einstein)

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
One glance at a book and you hear the voice of another person, perhaps someone dead for 1,000 years. To read is to voyage through time. (Carl Sagan)