• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quote of the Day

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
This little nugget, from the greatest President to ever sit in the Oval Office:

"I prayed a lot. I really did. I prayed before every major speech. I prayed before debates. It was a very important experience. I don't see how you can be president and not believe in a higher power."
-- Former President George W. Bush, quoted by CNN.

Considering how it all turned out, this may be our best argument yet, for a non-theist to run for the big chair in America.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
You know what I think about that? I think this drives home the point that faith is between one individual and one God. In the total scheme of things, when GWB II stands before his Creator on judgment day - it won't matter at all that he was President of the USA. All that will matter is what transpired between the man and his God. Period.

As a Christian, I believe that God has things under control, and that as a Christian, my job is not to try to superimpose my will on God's will -but rather to pray for wisdom to discern His will, and then submit to it and act accordingly.

Maybe GWB II felt this way and maybe not - who knows?

JustWondering2

Just the facts Ma'am
Bush is an IDIOT! I said that a long time ago before he was ever president. My ex-wife said I was crazy to think that, I said you just wait and see! Gee I wish I had been wrong.

dust1n

Zindīq
This little nugget, from the greatest President to ever sit in the Oval Office:

"I prayed a lot. I really did. I prayed before every major speech. I prayed before debates. It was a very important experience. I don't see how you can be president and not believe in a higher power."
-- Former President George W. Bush, quoted by CNN.

Considering how it all turned out, this may be our best argument yet, for a non-theist to run for the big chair in America.

Perhaps he should have prayed for correct, grammatical sentence structure and the ability to actually win a debate.

dust1n

Zindīq
As a Christian, I believe that God has things under control, and that as a Christian, my job is not to try to superimpose my will on God's will -but rather to pray for wisdom to discern His will, and then submit to it and act accordingly.

I not understand? If a country declares war, is that part of God's will?

Likewise, do not impose on God's will all the time? Buying a house? Going out to eat? How do you confirm any of these aren't imposing on God's will?

Smoke

Done here.

Maybe GWB II felt this way and maybe not - who knows?

If he did, there would seem to be a marked flaw in either God's will or GWB's discernment of it.