• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quick Question

Tmac

It is not all that rare for some condos in Brazil to hire their own private internal security.

It may or may not be rare but the word guard just seems counter productive. We hire people to protect either us or that which we possess from basically ourselves instead of focusing on the problem that produced the situation that required a guard.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Me :)

I've only seen that in hotels really.
I've lived in block of flats before and the closest we had to what you're describing was a phone to each individual flat so that the tennant could speak to any caller before admitting them (that shows you my age - it's probably video now, rather than phone).
These were bog standard flats for poorer people so the ones you are describing may exist in more upmarket flats.
Anyway, I'm a writer myself. You can make up your own reality - the reader will go along with it, as long as it's not unbelievable - and I don't think your idea is. Go with it. :)
We are both Lincolnshire yellow-bellies and my tale is set there too.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, some do. Apartments or hotels. Nursing homes as well depending on how deranged and twisted you want the novel to be.:p
The villain, or rather one of them, lives in the flat. The police are interviewing the person who monitors the people :p