• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quick Question/Verification

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Hello again!

Just quickly, I saw a comment online from someone claiming to be Muslim. They said that a simple touch between a man and woman is enough that they should or must marry.

I could not find any support for this statement online, and it seems unlikely to me since touching by accident can be so easy.

Am I right in assuming that this person was not telling the truth about Islam?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Hello again!

Just quickly, I saw a comment online from someone claiming to be Muslim. They said that a simple touch between a man and woman is enough that they should or must marry.

I could not find any support for this statement online, and it seems unlikely to me since touching by accident can be so easy.

There is nothing in Islam that supports that. Marriage has to be based on love, not on mere accidental touching.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks Eselam!
I unthinkingly touched a Muslim man's hand the other day to get his attention so after seeing that comment online I needed the verification. Lol.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Thanks Eselam!
I unthinkingly touched a Muslim man's hand the other day to get his attention so after seeing that comment online I needed the verification. Lol.

If you had said this in the OP I would probably have said that you have to marry him now. Good thing that you didn't. :p

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
If you had said this in the OP I would probably have said that you have to marry him now. Good thing that you didn't. :p

Hahah!
Oh well, I might not be too sad if you had said that. He is a completely awesome person and I'm all for interfaith marriage :sad4: ...;)

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Hahah!
Oh well, I might not be too sad if you had said that. He is a completely awesome person and I'm all for interfaith marriage :sad4: ...;)

Nah, just joking around. I wouldn't lie like that, especially not for a matter like that.

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
Hello again!

As a Muslim, this is embarrassing.

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
Which part?

They said that a simple touch between a man and woman is enough that they should or must marry.

Unfortunately I have heard worse things as well. Some twisted "scholars" feel rape victims have to get married also a rape victims who comes out gets punished as an act of adultery. Kind of explains the motives when these "scholars" get caught with students.

Rest assured those are some sick twisted minds.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Unfortunately I have heard worse things as well. Some twisted "scholars" feel rape victims have to get married also a rape victims who comes out gets punished as an act of adultery. Kind of explains the motives when these "scholars" get caught with students.

Rest assured those are some sick twisted minds.

:yes:

I think it's weird that people make up ideas about their religion that do not have scriptural basis. I see it a lot in Hinduism too and it also seems to happen in most, if not all, religions. People are strange :cover: