• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions on Non-Religion Answered

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I had a thread similar to this one that got so far sidetracked that it was moved to the jokes section, so this one is meant to be serious.

This is a thread for seekers to find answers about not having any religion at all.

I'm not here to "proselytize against religion" or anything; I just think irreligion (or non-religion) is a valid choice that someone who isn't sure what they believe can investigate.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Your mistake here is thinking one who is a seeker, or has been a seeker, has not considered non-religion.

I considered leaving all religious concepts, and even a spirituality as a whole quite a few times, but I always ended up back shortly afterwards.

Irreligion may be a valid choice, but as a seeker I sought something, not nothing.

Bob Dixon

>implying
Your mistake here is thinking one who is a seeker, or has been a seeker, has not considered non-religion.

I considered leaving all religious concepts, and even a spirituality as a whole quite a few times, but I always ended up back shortly afterwards.

Irreligion may be a valid choice, but as a seeker I sought something, not nothing.

Wouldn't you say that irreligion is, in fact, something?
It does give answers, after all, and many people are well satisfied by it.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member

I left Christianity and started looking at religion more or less immediately. Non-religion sounds interesting enough though :p

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Wouldn't you say that irreligion is, in fact, something?
It does give answers, after all, and many people are well satisfied by it.
I consider irreligion like how I consider bald a hair colour.

Nothing wrong with it, but it ain't something, it's nothing.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
I had a thread similar to this one that got so far sidetracked that it was moved to the jokes section, so this one is meant to be serious.

This is a thread for seekers to find answers about not having any religion at all.

I'm not here to "proselytize against religion" or anything; I just think irreligion (or non-religion) is a valid choice that someone who isn't sure what they believe can investigate.

Here's a serious one for you :D

What does non-religion give you that religion cannot give you?