• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions about ToS

Angelo-10-313

Hello all, i have some questions about Temple of Set. I hope that u can help me.

- Is Set other name of Judeo-Christian "devil" or "satan" boogeyman?
- Worship Setians, or see it as a friend, Set as pre-Judaic Pagan deity?
- I saw that some theistic Satanists used the deities from pagan gods such as Enki (Sumerian pagan god) Set (Egyptian god) or Lucifer (Roman god) etc. So why used theistic Satanists besides that pagan gods too word as satan?

I hope that u can help me ;)

L.Keane

Master Cosmonaut~EoB
Hello all, i have some questions about Temple of Set. I hope that u can help me.

- Is Set other name of Judeo-Christian "devil" or "satan" boogeyman?
- Worship Setians, or see it as a friend, Set as pre-Judaic Pagan deity?
- I saw that some theistic Satanists used the deities from pagan gods such as Enki (Sumerian pagan god) Set (Egyptian god) or Lucifer (Roman god) etc. So why used theistic Satanists besides that pagan gods too word as satan?

I hope that u can help me ;)

Dear Angelo,

If you are curious about how the Temple of Set understands the Neter Set I would suggest you read the relevant chapters in Dr. Aquino's Black Magic. I assure you Set, as understood in the Temple of Set, is not a "boogeyman" nor has Set any connections to Judeo-Christian thought.

Lloyd

Angelo-10-313

Dear Angelo,

If you are curious about how the Temple of Set understands the Neter Set I would suggest you read the relevant chapters in Dr. Aquino's Black Magic[/URL]. I assure you Set, as understood in the Temple of Set, is not a "boogeyman" nor has Set any connections to Judeo-Christian thought.

Lloyd

Dear L.Keane,

Really thank u very much. So Temple of Set has nothing do with the Judeo-Christian devil or satan? So Temple of Set, worship or sees Set as a friend from the pre-judaic pagan deity?

I hope it is my last questions dear Keane ;)

Thank u

L.Keane

Master Cosmonaut~EoB
Dear Angelo,

You stated:

"So Temple of Set has nothing do with the Judeo-Christian devil or satan? So Temple of Set, worship or sees Set as a friend from the pre-judaic pagan deity?"

I'm not sure what you are asking. Set is not the Devil or Satan, no. Of course there are similarities in the form of antinomianism in each of them. Setians do not worship Set in the way you seem to be implying. Set is approached as "Friend" but not like someone to hang out with or a buddy to tell your woes to. Yes the figure of Set is a pre-Judaic deity. However, the Temple of Set's understanding of Set is not identical to the way the ancient Egyptians understood Set. The Temple of Set is not some form of Egyptian reconstruction religion...if that is what you are implying.

Lloyd

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I would also recommend a good reading and study of the following:

Why Should I Join the Temple of Set?

by Don Webb

There is a vague notion that people will both understand Initiation and want it. It’s all terribly romantic, like the Shaolin monastery or the Fight Club. Those on the inside are supposed to have Secrets that can help those on the outside.
This isn’t far from the truth, but the nature of those Secrets is very different than what might be imagined, based on popular images of occult schools. First off, we don’t teach secret words, magical passes, or how to blend incense that will help you win the lottery. Secondly we don’t teach handshakes, secret nods or how to manipulate the stock market. In fact, much of what we teach isn’t written down at all, although we do have a vast store of internal literature. (I am amused when I see our internal products sold illegally on the Internet for much larger sums than a person would have paid had he simply acquired them through membership fees, but a sucker is born every minute.)
It is not written down because it can not be, as it derives from personal experiences sought for and gained by the individual Setian.
What we teach can be divided into four large areas.
Firstly, we teach that neither you nor the universe are what you’ve been conditioned to think they are. We do this without drugs, hypnosis, or gadgets. Mainly we do this by asking questions about peoples’ experience, and showing them methods by which they can acquire this knowledge by designing certain experiences for themselves. Generally people learn both the universe and the self are much larger, stranger, and interesting than they had thought.
Secondly, we teach two styles of learning in addition to those found in the world. We teach the method of Initiator and Student, and we teach de-centered pedagogy.
The first method is the oldest means of teaching in the world. It is how certain spiritual insights have been passed from one individual to another since mankind became self aware. We do not make the silly claim of certain occult fraternities that our method is direct link to an ancient past. Rather we use the methods discovered by anthropology, depth psychology, and most importantly trial-and-error. We have recreated this technology, and that we have done so in such a brief period is one of our claims to spiritual authenticity.
The second method, that of de-centered pedagogy, means that we are all students and teachers in the Temple, and a good deal of our success requires not only having good teachers already here but continuing to attract people that have something to teach. However, more important still is an openness on the part of new Setians to engage in dialogue and debate with others so that we might consider the effect of, and refinements to, our methods of looking at life.
Thirdly, we teach methods of creating vessels for the Will of the magician. This means a variety of things, from changing yourself and keeping the change, to methods of creating lasting art and artifacts in the world that amplify and extend the will of the magician. Many schools of occult “wisdom” don’t teach magicians that in order to make lasting changes, a vessel must be made for those changes.
Fourthly, we teach that you need all of yourself. Unlike many schools of self-improvement that teach only to value certain parts of yourself, the Temple teaches that you must affirm and integrate all of your life history, all of your fragmented parts of soul. This radical holism calls for deep self love combined with an equally deep commitment to discipline the self. We view the whole of our pasts as important and magical, waiting to be transformed by our present actions into a future more effective and beautiful self less limited by the laws of time and space.
The Temple will help you understand the magical forces you have already unleashed to shape your world, and by your knowledge of your power to shape the world, awaken your consciousness to acting in ways to transform all of yourself into what you can now only dream of.
These difficult things we teach are called collectively Initiation. It is found by guided hands-on doing, and its excellence depends on the excellence of the person, and his or her commitment to the process.
Teaching difficult things is a tough process, and we don’t undertake it lightly. We don’t spend months or years dealing with people that are looking for a quick occult fix drawn by the lure of the strange. Every Setian’s state is improved by each new Setian, so it is worth the difficult effort. The Prince of Darkness’ estate is improved by each new Setian—his eternal struggles against the mindless forces of the Cosmos is made easier and richer by each new soul that agrees to take up the process of transforming itself into something no longer limited to four dimensions and five senses.
There are minor benefits to membership. You will get to know some very bright and highly creative people around the world. We have a great annual party/Initiatory gathering open to members holding the II°. The networking abilities of a secret society are there, and the practical knowledge base of a big group of brainy people should not be ignored as a resource. We have a fairly large amount of internal literature on various magical and philosophical specializations—and we have a reputation that is impressive in most parts of the occult world (and simply scary to the sillier parts of that same world). These minor benefits enhance and amplify the benefits of our teaching, and are a natural consequence of it.
I hope this helps you decide what you want in your life, because attempting to answer that question is the force that drives Initiation. Even if the Temple is not for you, I hope that these concerns help you find your Initiatory path, simply because for Selfish reason I want to fill the world with smart, talented people who find working on themselves a joy. The more such people there are, the stronger, more artistic, more magical civilization becomes.
If you can understand why changing the world in this way is resonate with the purpose of the Prince of Darkness, you probably should be here.
Xeper.

Kenaz

I Am
Angelo,

You will find that the LHP is not about accepting any answer from another, but seeking out your own. It is why we identify with the Darkness, whereby we venture out of the known into the Unknown, and find our our own Knowledge, our own Light. Think of the symbolism of the Dawn, the Light on the Horizon that allows us to see what is in the Darkness and thus we can say -- "I Have Come Into Being!" Xeper!

That being said, the information on the Temple of Set's becomings, you can reference the first edition of Dr. Michael Aquino's "Temple of Set" -- a historical account of the formation of the Temple of Set up until about the the late 90's if I am not mistaken. It continues to evolve. Take small bites, there is a lot to digest -- and be mindful as you read it. No one is asking you to believe any of it, see if it resonates with you and as a tool -- if it works for you.

https://xeper.org//maquino/nm/TOS.pdf

Some questions...

Why are you interested in Set?

S_J

Concerning your advertisement and recruitiment content for ToS membership,

well, @Adramelek, as you somehow seem to think that actually there is not to be included "too much information" in an application, you should just have a look at the application form linked on the ToS homepage.

So we have there: Legal Name; Preferred Honorific; Gender (restricted to male and female, which is really nice in a 21st century order who considering publications about that organization could well be aware of transgender persons).
Important point then:
Attach a copy of a government-issued picture ID that shows your date of birth.
Which in Germany would be your identity card. So, check at this point for complete name and birth date. And picture, though none of these guys has ever seen you in real life anyway. Is required.

Contact information:
Postal Address, Day Phone, Evening Phone, Cell Phone
Email Address
(check at this point for phone number, is required or at least asked for, and as leaving it out might leave a bad impression - well, better include it)

At background information it's getting nicer with question for criminal record and treatment for psychiatric disorder, with the clear note that
If you are admitted and found to have concealed such a history you will be expelled.

So check for asking detailed personal questions more people than a potential medical person would hardly ever be allowed to ask for. That is, under normal circumstances.

Next is an Essay to the Executive Director. At the moment that seems to be a person that either did not get a course in respectful communication or might even be told by your organization that persons asking for information via e-mail are not to be addressed with their name. It was quite funny, by the way; I did sign that mail with my name, and did address that person with their name when they also did so. Still, every mail I received started with Dear [my@mailadress]. When I behaved in the same way ("Dear Ed@mailadress") I immediately got the reply that, as that person had signed with a name, I should address them with that name. A comparable remark by me got ignored, so, addressing me with my mailaddress instead of my name continued to happen.
It might well be strategy to put down the other person, but sorry guys, if I want dominance and submission-games, I do know my local BDSM-groups well enough ;)

Last, but not least:
Use the following checklist to ensure your application packet is complete:
q Completed, signed application form
q Photocopy of a government-issued picture ID that includes your date of birth
q Your essay
q Your initial enrollment fee of $80 USD [Include a signed credit card authorization slip. We do not accept paypal or wire transfers
of any kind. If you reside within the USA we will accept a personal check or money order.]

So, sorry for some part of that one, it is obviously not "complete bank account information", it's just a "signed credit card authorization slip".
lol

People might draw their own conclusions from that summary. But these are the very "real" requirements, which you can easily confirm by just having a look at that homepage.
Another information you will get, should you ask for it, is, that in contrast to that Balanone FAQ, it is NOT possible anymore to meet any of these people before you've send them all these information. Because as long as they don't have your picture ID, address, name and birth of date (and money you might get back if you're not found to be worthy), you're simply not worthy making an appointment with anyone, or, in other terms, to waste their time.

In other words, this application is not at all sufficient to become a member. All these information are really just an application for a first personal appointment, in which you'll still have to convince the people that you will hardly make trouble :D

So keep in mind that all these (including information about psychiatric disorders and criminal history) is data you have to give in advance - and they did NOT sign anywhere that they will burn this package of personal information if they don't even want to meet you. This is not really a membership application, but in first stance it is the application that MIGHT grant you one or two appointments with other members. This is not what you're supposed to write after you've found what these guys are doing is great. This is what you're supposed to submit just because their online presentation of themselves sounds nice.

I think it's in accord with your obvious recruitment trials in that subforum here to have all the information present in here. So I guess there'll hardly be a problem with that summary. And concerning the behaviour of the ED, people will find out soon enough, for I suppose that's the (first) person everbody has to contact anyway.
The boss of that person should from time to time maybe send an application themselves, or have people from other countries have sent fake applications to have a look how that person behaves. Seriously. Important strategical position, and still my impression was that nobody cares about it (or, of course, they WANT new members who accept it if another person is impolite towards them; in this case it might well be selection strategy).
For the sake of being fair, someone should add to your homepage information that a) none of these guys will ever meet a stranger (aka "person from the world of horrors who has yet to proove they are indeed like the other members, not like the other strangers"), and b) your ED unfortunately didn't get this course in simple politeness. That is, if any member still has the login data of that homepage, after three years of not updating it (at least your stamp on that page says "1975–2012"). Just because - it is well disappointing to read in your FAQ that once you had sufficient respect towards candidates to give them at least an opportunity to have a look at the "real life"-basis, and obviously this respect and somehow also sign for basic human wisdom has been lost in business.

All the best,

SJ

Last edited:

Daelach

Setian
I'm not a member, but just to be fair.. The other side of the coin is that things in the US are a bit special, and the TOS is a US centered organisation. Ol' Lavey had his house being shot at back then although that wasn't even an overly "hot" part of the country in this regard. Plus that there have been cases of doctors performing abortion being killed, that's how far things can get there.

Under these circumstances, "just meeting someone" might impose a considerable risk on TOS members - which they have no reason to accept because the advantages would be with the other side only. Now it's only a small fraction of people who would go that far as to use violence, but then again, it takes only one bullet to die.

Plus that I suppose that designing the application process like that at least spares them getting flooded with wanna-be-cool-youngsters. Remember that they do it without being paid in their free time, i.e. on top of a regular job, families, friends and of course their own initiation.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
SJ, ok, I get what your saying, but if someone has a problem with the qualifications for membership in the ToS they need not apply. An organization like the ToS needs to know if they are dealing with a nut job or as Daelach said some wanna-be teenager. Of course, if some pretender were to slip through the admittance process they will eventually be found out and subsequently expelled. I think it is a common practice for the First Degree candidate for Adept II* and the Recognizing Priest of Set III* to actually meet face to face. That is how it was for me and many other Setians I've known.

SJ said: So, sorry for some part of that one, it is obviously not "complete bank account information", it's just a "signed credit card authorization slip".
lol

No need for a credit card, better to just send a money order, no personal information given in that. Not sure why they don't accept paypal or wire transfers or personal checks from non-US applicants. Never really thought about that. I do know the ToS has members all across the world from the US, Canada, UK, Germany, throughout Europe, South Africa, Kuwait.

Last edited:

S_J

I'm not a member, but just to be fair.. The other side of the coin is that things in the US are a bit special, and the TOS is a US centered organisation. Ol' Lavey had his house being shot at back then although that wasn't even an overly "hot" part of the country in this regard. Plus that there have been cases of doctors performing abortion being killed, that's how far things can get there.
Well, I have been strictly asking for Germany anyway. That's the next point, as I for my part would not want any involvement with a group that's not active in my place anyway. Still there was the idea: Well, you might meet people/someone IF we have your application in hands. Concerning the activity in Germany, of which I suppose there hardly is any, as the occult scene is almost dead in Germany, there was just the vague hint that, yes, there would be some.

Under these circumstances, "just meeting someone" might impose a considerable risk on TOS members - which they have no reason to accept because the advantages would be with the other side only. Now it's only a small fraction of people who would go that far as to use violence, but then again, it takes only one bullet to die.
Yeah, sure, but the calculated risk of first just making something like a more or less anonymous contact, maybe via email, in which people could get some first impression of each other, would already offer a possibility to get an impression of that someone. I think in some dialogue it would really be possible to get a sufficient impression of someone to find out whether they're dealing with someones philosophy in a positive way.

The point is: The trust-inadvance to first send a complete application is now a requirement to get contact to ANYONE. I did try the contact possibilities via this KHPR-podcast. One mail-address - no reaction. The other mail-address - "ask the ED". Finally some mail-address of a former or still existing member from Germany - dead mailbox. People could at least update that text on that podcast site, or Mr. Luskin could at least state in his blog that he regards people who're not living next door to him as "not his business".

Finally, of course, the risk is not really smaller for an interested person. As there always is a risk in making appointments with strangers.

Plus that I suppose that designing the application process like that at least spares them getting flooded with wanna-be-cool-youngsters.
Next point that might be clarified by just TALKING to people, which is something obviously not a single member of that organization is willing to do, unless you're very, very trusting and naive (by sending all these information in advance) ... and this by an organization that claims they'd like to be the LAST of possibilities to try after you've already found out where else you don't fit in.
The person who has already made their negative experienes with all those other groups, or just some of the worse, will hardly ever play by THESE rules. So obviously the claim to be interested in people with any kind of knowledge/experiences/background is simply wrong.

Remember that they do it without being paid in their free time, i.e. on top of a regular job, families, friends and of course their own initiation.
Well, even if nobody pays you for the work, it would be possible to treat someone at least with the same politeness you openly and directly ask THEM for. But then, the next very probable possibility is that being impolite is just the first step of ensuring how the hierarchy works, and just the first step of indoctrination to some system that's not interested in strong individual persons anyway, but merely in the next sheep which they can operate their mind control on.
Actually that is what I expect of Setians, you know. But from a good trickster I would also expect that s/he'll move on to the next more advanced trick when I tell him "yeah, I do see your card, next one please". This way it is simply too stupid for my taste :)
I do expect people in the LHP-scene to have some aspect of a***ish behaviour, otherwise they'd hardly be interested in that. On the other hand I'd wish they're sufficiently stable in whatever they do to still keep up some basic respect.

I think it is a common practice for the First Degree candidate for Adept II* and the Recognizing Priest of Set III* to actually meet face to face. That is how it was for me and many other Setians I've known.
Well, if that was BEFORE you needed to apply, that was obviously before they changed the requirements.
If you sent that application before you met anyone I guess that would tell something about you, and not the best ^^

No need for a credit card, better to just send a money order, no personal information given in that. Not sure why they don't accept paypal or wire transfers or personal checks from non-US applicants. Never really thought about that.
Ehm, no. Of course, you can put money into the letter, which would then result in a high risk such a letter won't reach it's aim. Otherwise as a non-US-citizen you're asked for that credit card slip.

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Well, if that was BEFORE you needed to apply, that was obviously before they changed the requirements.
If you sent that application before you met anyone I guess that would tell something about you, and not the best ^^

Ehm, no. Of course, you can put money into the letter, which would then result in a high risk such a letter won't reach it's aim. Otherwise as a non-US-citizen you're asked for that credit card slip.

This meeting usually takes place sooner or later during the Initiatory process before official II* Recognition depending on how far away the individual Initiates live from one another. And hell no, I would never send cash in the mail. As for the credit card slip, I never heard any complaints from other Setians about this policy. You are the first I have ever heard having concerns about it. :shrug:

Last edited:

S_J

This meeting usually takes place during the Initiatory process. And hell no, I would never send cash in the mail. As for the credit card slip, I never heard any complaints from other Setians about this policy. You are the first I have ever heard having concerns about it.
Haha, so you're another of these stupid people who would seriously do that, or seriously did that.

Well, looks like I'm more advanced than you are :D

The credit card thing makes things a little complicated and inconvenient, and if it was the only negative impression about that whole story, maybe I'd be okay with that. In combination with a complete "blind set of data you might need to kill me career if you'd ever like to" - no, thanks.
Frankly, someone who would want me to send them such a package of information that gives them a lot of power to have a destructive impact on my life would really have needed to build up a lot of trust, and spend a lot of time with me. And I do really think that this reflects wisdom on MY side. Something the temple obviously doesn't wish potential new members to have, given their way to deal with that topic.
Especially with the background that the temple is not unknown for publishing private data of ex-members that didn't leave in a friendly way.

S_J

Telling by the way how little you comment on that impoliteness in the behaviour of your ED. Afraid to get negative feedback if you dare say anything inconvenient?
I did live in a community ruled by fear for a sufficiently long time of my life. Hardly will I ever consciously enter a group that works the same way.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Haha, so you're another of these stupid people who would seriously do that, or seriously did that.

Well, looks like I'm more advanced than you are :D

The credit card thing makes things a little complicated and inconvenient, and if it was the only negative impression about that whole story, maybe I'd be okay with that. In combination with a complete "blind set of data you might need to kill me career if you'd ever like to" - no, thanks.
Frankly, someone who would want me to send them such a package of information that gives them a lot of power to have a destructive impact on my life would really have needed to build up a lot of trust, and spend a lot of time with me. And I do really think that this reflects wisdom on MY side. Something the temple obviously doesn't wish potential new members to have, given their way to deal with that topic.
Especially with the background that the temple is not unknown for publishing private data of ex-members that didn't leave in a friendly way.

"Stupid"? "More advanced"? Doubt that. I don't have a credit card, nor do I care to have one. I don't know where you are getting these ideas from about the motivations of ToS, but I think you may be pulling them out of your *** for some strange reason. :smirkcat: You just sound paranoid to me.

S_J

"Stupid"? "More advanced"? Doubt that. I don't have a credit card, nor do I care to have one. I don't know where you are getting these ideas from about the motivations of ToS, but I think you may be pulling them out of your *** for some strange reason. :smirkcat: You just sound paranoid to me.
Yeah, sure, because you systematically ignore the "criminal record + psychiatric disorder record + full name + birth date, address, e-mail-address and phone number + essay about any further information we didn't get so far"-package and define that we are only talking about credit cards :D

But if you want to break it down to that: If you wouldn't be an US-citizen you wouldn't have become a member without credit card anyway.

Of course I'm a little bit paranoid. But, seriously, a member or ex-member of an organization that doesn't risk any kind of personal meetings with or even anonymous online contacts to potentially interested persons as long as they don't have all these information really doesn't need complain about that.
I would say everything would be fine, as long as provided information is similar on all sides. So - you get the postal address of candidate - candidate get's postal address of the person they're gonna meet. At least that would create a balance.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Yeah, sure, because you systematically ignore the "criminal record + psychiatric disorder record + full name + birth date, address, e-mail-address and phone number + essay about any further information we didn't get so far"-package and define that we are only talking about credit cards :D

But if you want to break it down to that: If you wouldn't be an US-citizen you wouldn't have become a member without credit card anyway.

Of course I'm a little bit paranoid. But, seriously, a member or ex-member of an organization who doesn't risk any kind of personal meetings or even anonymous online contacts to potentially interested persons as long as they don't have all these information really doesn't need complain about that.
I would say everything would be fine, as long as provided information is similar on all sides. So - you get the postal address of candidate - candidate get's postal address of the person they're gonna meet. At least the would create a balance.

I see nothing wrong with knowing if someone has a criminal record or especially a psychiatric disorder which can be very dangerous in Black Magick. And Initiates usually begin correspondence by regular mail not email, some members will only correspond with others via snail mail as primary source of contact. Hell, I used to hand write all of my letters to a Setian Priestess I was working with as did she.

S_J

I see nothing wrong with knowing if someone has a criminal record or especially a psychiatric disorder which can be very dangerous in Black Magick. And Initiates usually begin correspondence by regular mail not email, some members will only correspond with others via snail mail as primary source of contact. Hell, I used to hand write all of my letters to a Setian Priestess I was working with as did she.
Sure, nothing wrong about an organization being interested in that. Like every employer also would, of course ;)
But: A lot wrong with someone who would send this information in combination with full legal name, address and all the other stuff to an organization he or she doesn't know more of than some pdf-book and their internet-presentation/homepage.

Someone who would send this stuff to people they don't know and maybe even after writing that application will hardly ever get to know might also send this stuff to the next-best company, as long as their advertisement is interesting enough.
If people do this in the name of "I hope to become a member of the Elite and practice Black Magic", they might also do so in other contexts. Especially as all this Elite and Black Magic-talk is, at this point, just more or less empty words. Without having a personal look, you cannot even tell whether any of these people are doing anything else but ... talk and make nice words.
21st century people who are not aware of privacy issues are obviously not the greatest lights around. And to select for those people tells a lot about such an organization.

All security, knowledge and power on their side - none on that of the candidate. Sure, they can make it to 3rd degree, and then they will step by step become more allowed to have a look at the data of everybody else (that is, everybody else below their own level). But that's about it.
I would hardly call someone a Setian who for just a minimal chance to push their ego make themselves potential victims to whatever anybody wants to do with their private data.

Of course, the ToS CAN choose to not make use of these information. But, the point is: They didn't sign anywhere that they'll even just destroy the leftovers if they never even want to MEET you.
And, by the way, I think I would be careful with writing this stuff here if they would have all these information about me :D So obviously it makes me more free than others to not have done that :D

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Someone who would send this stuff to people they don't know and maybe even after writing that application will hardly ever get to know might also send this stuff to the next-best company, as long as their advertisement is interesting enough.
If people do this in the name of "I hope to become a member of the Elite and practice Black Magic", they might also do so in other contexts. Especially as all this Elite and Black Magic-talk is, at this point, just more or less empty words. Without having a personal look, you cannot even tell whether any of these people are doing anything else but ... talk and make nice words.
21st century people who are not aware of privacy issues are obviously not the greatest lights around. And to select for those people tells a lot about such an organization.

Of course just talking about magick is one thing, you have to actually practice it yourself in accordance with your own mind and will to activate it within your Self and too make it work in your own life, a group like the ToS can only teach you and help guide you, they cannot do the work for you. The second time I joined the ToS I corresponded with a IV* Initiate for a couple of months before re-entry with his sponsorship. I didn't seek out the Temple of Set to become a member of some "Elite", I sought after it in my personal quest for the knowledge and undefiled wisdom of the Lord of Darkness, and to learn the Art of Black Magick. In Setian philosophy and the ToS I found what I was looking for. And I have never been one to dive head first into anything like this without researching it beforehand.

Last edited:

Daelach

Setian
Just for the records (haha!), if that requirement has the consequence to keep people with such records away, I guess the TOS won't be unhappy. It's not only about security issues for a meeting. Imagine the worst case scenario, someone freaks out and runs amok or commits crimes of gang kind.

Now what would be the media coverage if
a) that person were a member of the Catholic church? Well, they would report his membership, but not link that to the events. They would concentrate on the personal circumstances.
b) that person were a TOS member? WOAH, Satanic panic reloaded!

Of course, that is unfair.. but that's the reality out there.