• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions about Sodom

RUone2

Why is it do you suppose that God destroyed Sodom but allowed Lot, his wife, and two daughters to escape? If you turn the page and read on, Lots wife is turned to a piller of sale for looking back,(yearned for the old life) His daughters get Lot drunk and engage in sex with him. I've been drunk in my life, I mean real plastered, I can't even imagine being so drunki I'd not know my daughters, and on the other hand if one were to get that drunk, I dont think he could perform the sex act. It's just one of the questions I have about the whole Sodom story. If it's as some say that Sodom was destroyed because of mans inhumanity to man, wouldn't Lots daughters be guilty of that also?

Anti-World

You're right, he should have turned them all to salt. I'm gonna see God in court for this... Where's my attorney?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
RUone2 said:
Why is it do you suppose that God destroyed Sodom but allowed Lot, his wife, and two daughters to escape? If you turn the page and read on, Lots wife is turned to a piller of sale for looking back,(yearned for the old life) His daughters get Lot drunk and engage in sex with him. I've been drunk in my life, I mean real plastered, I can't even imagine being so drunki I'd not know my daughters, and on the other hand if one were to get that drunk, I dont think he could perform the sex act. It's just one of the questions I have about the whole Sodom story. If it's as some say that Sodom was destroyed because of mans inhumanity to man, wouldn't Lots daughters be guilty of that also?

The views on what the sins of Sodom were are different from faith to faith. Christianity seems to have imposed the sin of sexual immorality while Judaism says it was inhospitality.

as to the daughters of Lot, from a jewish perspective, it was "overlooked", as it were, because they thought that the world as a whole had been destroyed, so they did what they did hoping to continue on the human race.

Sahar

RUone2 said:
His daughters get Lot drunk and engage in sex with him. I've been drunk in my life, I mean real plastered, I can't even imagine being so drunki I'd not know my daughters, and on the other hand if one were to get that drunk, I dont think he could perform the sex act. It's just one of the questions I have about the whole Sodom story. If it's as some say that Sodom was destroyed because of mans inhumanity to man, wouldn't Lots daughters be guilty of that also?
According to Quran and islamic point of view, this part of the story can not be true! ِ
Actually it's degrading and insulting one of the great prophets chosen by God!
Prophet Lut is an example of purification and righteousness, peace be upon him.