• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Questions about SDA

Marco19

Researcher
Dear friends,

i have some questions about the SDA,

first is about the trinity, if you believe in it (the same way as some churches or you have your own definition), and what was Ellen White's view on it.

reddogs

Dear friends,

first is about the trinity, if you believe in it (the same way as some churches or you have your own definition), and what was Ellen White's view on it.

I think rather than Ellen White or any person, you need to see what God gives us in his Word, and pray for understanding on that truth so we grasp it.

nnmartin

does an SDA member need to be a vegetarian?

maybe I am wrong here - is it that you are not supposed to eat certain types of meat?

also I here that gambling is not really allowed.

but how strictly are these rules adhered to?

I went to an SDA church for the first time about 1 month ago and enjoyed the service, which seemed much more laid back than the usual Anglican church I attend.

would you agree with this?:)

thanks

Last edited:

reddogs

maybe I am wrong here - is it that you are not supposed to eat certain types of meat?

I went to an SDA church for the first time about 1 month ago and enjoyed the service, which seemed much more laid back than the usual Anglican church I attend.

thanks
Anyone can come as they are, just as they did to Jesus or John the Baptist to hear the truth. But once they hear the truth then what.......

Acts 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

Acts 16:30
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

Marco19

Researcher
I think rather than Ellen White or any person, you need to see what God gives us in his Word, and pray for understanding on that truth so we grasp it.

Well, i'm trying to know her POV so i could grasp what is the truth.

sincerly

Dear friends,

Hi Marco, welcome to the forums.
What reddogs was conveying is that in the Scriptures is GOD's answers to questions. The what does "GOD require of thee".
People can and do give their own interpretations---which can be truth or contrary to the Will of GOD.
"What does the SDA Church believe concerning the Doctrine of the TRINITY"?? Here is the Answer and some of the Scriptures upon which that Belief is based. This comes from the official SDA website. (adventist.org-----supply the rest to visit.)

2. Trinity:
There is one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, a unity of three co-eternal Persons. God is immortal, all-powerful, all-knowing, above all, and ever present. He is infinite and beyond human comprehension, yet known through His self-revelation. He is forever worthy of worship, adoration, and service by the whole creation. (Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19; 2 Cor. 13:14; Eph. 4:4-6; 1 Peter 1:2; 1 Tim. 1:17; Rev. 14:7.)

E. G. White concurred.

sincerly

thanks

Hi Martin, welcome to the Forums,

NO! One does not Have to be a vegetarian to be a Member of the SDA Church. However, that was the first diet given to Created mankind. Therefore, it is the most beneficial or GOD would not have given it.
Flesh foods were not given as a part of one's diet until after the Flood.
You are correct in that of the animals only certain ons were allowed to be eaten. (Lev.11; Deut.14)
The SDA Church prefers the vegetarian diet, but there is no disfellowship of any who do eat of the "clean animals".
Gambling is looked upon for the evil that is the end results. Most lose more than they win--and that results in less for family and to spread the Gospel. I haven't known of any "gambling discipline" occuring.

As far as service ritualism, Yes, the SDA Church stresses the "learning" of the instructions which GOD voiced and wrote for one's proper relationship to the Father and one another.

Should you have other concerns, please feel free to ask.

reddogs

Hi Marco, welcome to the forums.
What reddogs was conveying is that in the Scriptures is GOD's answers to questions. The what does "GOD require of thee".
People can and do give their own interpretations---which can be truth or contrary to the Will of GOD.
"What does the SDA Church believe concerning the Doctrine of the TRINITY"?? Here is the Answer and some of the Scriptures upon which that Belief is based. This comes from the official SDA website. (adventist.org-----supply the rest to visit.)

2. Trinity:
There is one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, a unity of three co-eternal Persons. God is immortal, all-powerful, all-knowing, above all, and ever present. He is infinite and beyond human comprehension, yet known through His self-revelation. He is forever worthy of worship, adoration, and service by the whole creation. (Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19; 2 Cor. 13:14; Eph. 4:4-6; 1 Peter 1:2; 1 Tim. 1:17; Rev. 14:7.)

E. G. White concurred.
Excellent answer sincerly...