• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question

Booko

Deviled Hen
mohamedhassan said:
I have a question: Do you guys believe in Muhammad (saw) being a prophet and the Quran being the word of God?

Yes, unquestionably.

In the same way that Muslims also believe in Jesus, Moses, Abraham, Noah, Salih and Hud.

okay I'm confused! so how do you guys explain this verse in the quran? "
Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things." I hope you guys can explain this thanks

sorry, also this verse
"This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islám as your religion"

Thanks

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
****ADMIN POST****

Discuss Individual Religions Forums Rules and Usage:

9.) We will not tolerate any debate about a religion in its Individual Religion forum, NO OUTSIDE DEBATE OR VIEW POINTS ARE ALLOWED. This rule is strictly enforced. If you wish to debate a certain religion the proper place for that is in the Debates sections.

If you wish to debate, take it to the Debate Forums, thank you.

9harmony

mohamedhassan said:
okay I'm confused! so how do you guys explain this verse in the quran? "
Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things." I hope you guys can explain this thanks

We fully accept that verse....

regarding the term Seal of the Prophets we understand that Mohammed was the final prophet in the age of prophecy, we have now entered the age of fulfillment. ;)

9harmony

mohamedhassan said:
sorry, also this verse
"This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islám as your religion"

Thanks

Islam meaning submission...we agree.

Baha'i's continue to uphold that standard. :)

Booko

Deviled Hen
mohamedhassan said:
sorry, also this verse

Thanks

Considering the Admin Post, if you'd like this thread moved to General Religious Debates so we can continue the discussion, any of the mods can do that. Just ask. :)

arthra

Baha'i
A couple of things about the Baha'i view of Qur'anic verses...

One title of Prophet Muhammad was Seal of the Prophets.

We accept the verse about the Seal as the sealing of the age of prophecy while the dispensations of the Bab and Baha'u'llah we feel were the fulfillment of the prophetic age...also the Sealing verse uses the term Nabi which refers to prophets with inspiration.. It doesn't use Rasuli which are Prophets that bring a new book and dispensation.

Regarding the verse about "Islam" being what was chosen for mankind...note that the word Islam means surrendering to God Almighty...

Arabic 'isl
amacr.gif
m, submission, from 'aslama, to surrender, resign oneself, from Syriac 'a
scaron.gif
lem, to make peace, surrender, derived stem of
scaron.gif
lem, to be complete; see
scaron.gif
lm in Semitic roots

It also is said that all the Prophets were "Muslims", that is they all surrendered to the Will of God.... this is true, all true religion is surrendering to God's Will. Ask yourself the question: Is there any true religion that doesn't submit to God's Will or is incomplete for it's time????

Unlike most religions you'll find, we Baha'is acknowledge Islam and the Qur'an as having a Divine Source and that it was complete for it's time. You will never find Baha'is supporting a site like "Answering Islam" or of being prejudiced against Prophet Muhammad.

- Art

Popeyesays

mohamedhassan said:
ya is it possible to move this to general discussion. B/c i don't want admin to get more ****** off at me lol. thanks

nabbiyyih khataam is the term in the verse, and the verse was specifically at the time Muhammad needed to make sure it was clear that His adopted son did not inherit anything from Muhammad and cloud the succession of Ali. Khataam in particular means "Seal" like the seal upon a document or the Seal upon a ring. In this sense it does not mean the end of anything but rather the guarantor and warrantor of the Prophets was Muhammad. Muhammad was the ornamental Seal upon the Hand of God, so to speak. `Khatim' means closure and an end to a succession of events. They're from the same root, of course, but have very different meanings.

Regards,
Scott

arthra

Baha'i
Muhammad Hassan,

You know that our view and interpretation differs from the standard views you will find in say traditional sources... It could be said that Muslim views of the Bible are also different from Christian traditions... and Christian ideas of the Torah differ from those of their Jewish friends...

As long as you just are inquiring about the Baha'i views on these things I don't think there is any problem...

- Art

BruceDLimber

Hi again!

And in addition to what has been said above, there is a sense in which EVERY Divine Messenger is the First and the Last, the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, and the Seal!

Best, :)

Bruce

arthra

Baha'i
mohamedhassan said:
Well i want to continue this so can one of the mods move this topic to General Disscussions?

Why not just ask the question.... You know the Baha'is are a friendly sort and we can acknowledge some people have different views. I can tell you though that mere disputation can be a very idle thing...

- Art