• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason
I seldom post anywhere other than the debate boards. I am not a believer of any religion. I have a question that I respectfully seek answers too. It comes to my mind following the tragic events of the week. While reading a few articles, I found an individual stating that the actions were justified by law. That it is a crime punishable by death to insult the prophets of god.

I would like to understand where this offense and punishment is proscribed? Does it come directly from the scriptures? Or is it something else?

Respectfully,

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
The problem is many 'individuals' just speak any filth that comes to their mind. If you're coming here asking for textual evidence then clearly the person who made the claim didn't provide any, because there isn't any.

Thanks for your question.

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason
The problem is many 'individuals' just speak any filth that comes to their mind. If you're coming here asking for textual evidence then clearly the person who made the claim didn't provide any, because there isn't any.

Thanks for your question.
Thank you. I am wanting to know the truth of the textual evidence as you say. If I'm understanding this does not come from the Quarn.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Sharia Law Is what we call the laws of Allah. It is derived from the Qur'an and the Sunnah/Hadith (teachings of our Prophet)

I seldom post anywhere other than the debate boards. I am not a believer of any religion. I have a question that I respectfully seek answers too. It comes to my mind following the tragic events of the week. While reading a few articles, I found an individual stating that the actions were justified by law. That it is a crime punishable by death to insult the prophets of god.

I would like to understand where this offense and punishment is proscribed? Does it come directly from the scriptures? Or is it something else?

Respectfully,

Well, the best answer you can find in the Holy Quran.

Quran says in Surah 60 , Verses

8. Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly andjustly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just.

9. Allah only forbids you, with regard to those who fight you for (your) Faith, and drive you out of your homes, and support (others) indriving you out, from turning to them (for friendship and protection). Itis such as turn to them (in these circumstances), that do wrong.

killling innocent being (irrespective of muslim or non muslim) is one of the biggest sin in Islam. killing one innocent is just like you killed whole of humanity.

Quran says in Surah 5 verse 32

"On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreadingmischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and ifany one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the wholepeople. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs,yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in theland.

Hopefully , these verses of the Quran clarifies you to whom we should fight and whom we cannot. We should pay attention to those people who just quotes thing out of context and some time wrong text and try to say that Islam allow to kill innocent non muslim. Islam does not allow to kill innocent peoples whether muslims or non-muslim , and teaches us to treat them well.

Also at the Time of Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him, there are people who are fighting them and try to kill them but when Prophet over come those , what they did. Forgive them all. That what the behaviour of Our beloved Prophet was.

Donot just simply what media says or what some ignorence people do, even some people kill innocent childrent (even muslims) and try to associate it with Islamic war. So donot pay attention to such false claims.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Respectfully,

In regardless of whether it's in the scripture or not, if one feels it's wrong then he/she has to take it up to the court rather than acting on his/her own. As simple as that.

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason
Well, the best answer you can find in the Holy Quran.

Quran says in Surah 60 , Verses

8. Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly andjustly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just.

9. Allah only forbids you, with regard to those who fight you for (your) Faith, and drive you out of your homes, and support (others) indriving you out, from turning to them (for friendship and protection). Itis such as turn to them (in these circumstances), that do wrong.

killling innocent being (irrespective of muslim or non muslim) is one of the biggest sin in Islam. killing one innocent is just like you killed whole of humanity.

Quran says in Surah 5 verse 32

"On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreadingmischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and ifany one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the wholepeople. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs,yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in theland.

Hopefully , these verses of the Quran clarifies you to whom we should fight and whom we cannot. We should pay attention to those people who just quotes thing out of context and some time wrong text and try to say that Islam allow to kill innocent non muslim. Islam does not allow to kill innocent peoples whether muslims or non-muslim , and teaches us to treat them well.

Also at the Time of Prophet Muhammad Peace be upon him, there are people who are fighting them and try to kill them but when Prophet over come those , what they did. Forgive them all. That what the behaviour of Our beloved Prophet was.

Donot just simply what media says or what some ignorence people do, even some people kill innocent childrent (even muslims) and try to associate it with Islamic war. So donot pay attention to such false claims.
Thank you for these verses, and your patience.

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason
In regardless of whether it's in the scripture or not, if one feels it's wrong then he/she has to take it up to the court rather than acting on his/her own. As simple as that.
Thank you. I have read that in 'muslim' lands, yes it must go through the court. But where sharia is not the law of the nation, many interpretations say sharia must be enforced by individual muslim.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You are most welcome. :)

Thank you. I have read that in 'muslim' lands, yes it must go through the court. But where sharia is not the law of the nation, many interpretations say sharia must be enforced by individual muslim.

Many interpretations by who exactly? Do you have a name for the author, resource, etc?

As Muslims, Allah tells us to respect any contracts and agreements we get into. Those Muslim individuals agreed as citizens to abide by its rules, so it become part of their faith not to break the rules which they agreed in the first place to abide by.

EDIT: i'll add verses from the Quran.

{1}
O ye who believe! Fulfil (all) obligations.........

{8}
O ye who believe! stand out firmly for Allah, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just: that is next to Piety: and fear Allah. For Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do.

(Quran, Chapter 5)

Last edited:

FunctionalAtheist

Hammer of Reason
You are most welcome. :)

Many interpretations by who exactly? Do you have a name for the author, resource, etc?

As Muslims, Allah tells us to respect any contracts and agreements we get into. Those Muslim individuals agreed as citizens to abide by its rules, so it become part of their faith not to break the rules which they agreed in the first place to abide by.

EDIT: i'll add verses from the Quran.

{1}
O ye who believe! Fulfil (all) obligations.........

{8}
O ye who believe! stand out firmly for Allah, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just: that is next to Piety: and fear Allah. For Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do.

(Quran, Chapter 5)
No, I do not have the sources I read. I understand that citizens who move to a western country must abide by the law of the land and such. But may I ask about a muslim that believes they are at war with the west?

I appreciate your help.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, I do not have the sources I read. I understand that citizens who move to a western country must abide by the law of the land and such. But may I ask about a muslim that believes they are at war with the west?

I appreciate your help.

His personal beliefs are irrelevant in this case.
Can we justify a patriot killing in the name of his country just because he believe so?
Can we justify a Christian fundamentalist bombing abortion clinics?

It's the same thing.