• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question, question who has a question?

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
This looked pretty interesting so I thought I would give it a whirl.

I am a fairly open person so ask away if you wish!

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I know nothing about you so ill ask my stock question for threads in this section. Why do you think im the best rfer.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I know nothing about you so ill ask my stock question for threads in this section. Why do you think im the best rfer.

I cannot honestly say that you are the best RFer without knowing every member, but if you were to be the best RFer ever it might have something to do with your avatar :p

Iti oj

Premium Member
Well said. So why rf? What were you looking for? How did you find rf? Did you look at other forums? What does the d stand for.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
So why rf?

I like the setup up of the site. I also like that it covers a whide range of religions and belief systems. I really like talking to people from different backgrounds, faith, countries etc. I think there is a lot I can learn from the discussions on this website.

What were you looking for?

I was (and still am) looking to learn more about different religions and belief systems. I am still kinda looking for where I fit. My beliefs are fairly eclectic and I havent felt like anything fully fits as yet.

How did you find rf?

I was actually googling to find a forum where unitarian universalism is discussed.

Did you look at other forums?

I am also a member of a pagan forum, lesbian forum and christian forum. The pagan forum is quite inactive so I dont get much from there. Same with the lesbian forum. The christian forum is super active but I cant post in a lot of areas because I am not a christian and Ive been frustrated with some of the threads and responses there lately though I have been told it always gets like that around election time.

What does the d stand for.

D stands for my first name which is Donna :)

Iti oj

Premium Member
well hello donna im mick. So are you a lesbian?
What's important to you spiritualy?
how do you feel about the self ego etc.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
well hello donna im mick. So are you a lesbian?

Nice to talk to you :) yes I am a lesbian.

What's important to you spiritualy?

Good question. I have never really thought about it. I think my spirituality itself is important and in turn learning about spirituality is important if that makes sense?

how do you feel about the self ego etc.

I havent really studied this particular topic much. It also depends on your definition of ego. Assuming you mean ego in general...one website says "Our ego will always manifest recurring pain, insecurity, doubt & powerlessness". I think in some ways, this is necessary. A part of life. I think if there is too much of those feelings it is an indicator that something is up. Kinda like a warning system if that makes sense. I believe in working with the ego rather than against it.

I dont really have much to say about the self other than it is what it is and it makes perfect sense.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Nice to talk to you :) yes I am a lesbian.

Good question. I have never really thought about it. I think my spirituality itself is important and in turn learning about spirituality is important if that makes sense?

I havent really studied this particular topic much. It also depends on your definition of ego. Assuming you mean ego in general...one website says "Our ego will always manifest recurring pain, insecurity, doubt & powerlessness". I think in some ways, this is necessary. A part of life. I think if there is too much of those feelings it is an indicator that something is up. Kinda like a warning system if that makes sense. I believe in working with the ego rather than against it.

I dont really have much to say about the self other than it is what it is and it makes perfect sense.
So your never gonna sleep with me? I posted here for no reason? But seriously. Whats it like being gay as an aussie? How does the general public think and feel about it?

You should check out the lhp. I think you might gain a lot from it.

What does your spiritual and magical practice entail? I think you said you belice in a form of magic else where?

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
So your never gonna sleep with me? I posted here for no reason?

haha

But seriously. Whats it like being gay as an aussie? How does the general public think and feel about it?

Well its a bit of a mix. Ive only relatively recently accepted it and starting "coming out". I imagine it would be really different being gay here than it would be being gay in the US. A fair amount of people have been fine with it, even my nanna lol. My christian friends dont really know about it, I havent told them because I already know what their viewpoint is on it. I dont want them to see it as an invite to preach at me about my "evil and unnatural ways".

You should check out the lhp. I think you might gain a lot from it.

I admit I havent really touched on the left hand path. I have heard a few comments on a podcast but thats about it really.

What does your spiritual and magical practice entail? I think you said you belice in a form of magic else where?

To be honest, I havent been doing a lot of practice. Ive pretty much spent most of my time just trying to learn about different things and reading books. I have so many books I am yet to read of different subjects. Its hard to practice when you dont really havent found your place and I firmly believe in knowledge before practice.

I believe in magic in a sense of energy, intent and that kind of thing. Again I havent really practiced this, I didnt think it was right to jump into it with barely any knowledge.

Iti oj

Premium Member
You should try practicing everything you study. Might shed it in a new light for you.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
You should try practicing everything you study. Might shed it in a new light for you.

Well I dont think I can really practice unless I determine what exactly resonates and what does not. I dont think it is a good idea to just start practicing whatever interests me at the time. Can cause issues. I know some of what I want to practice, but I dont feel ready for that as yet.

First step is making time to try and do meditation which I fail at miserably.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
What are your basic spiritual and/or philosophical beliefs?

What religion were you raised as?

What kind of music do you listen to?

What do you think of modern civilization and the way things are going?

Who do you think will win the vote by statistics?

Who do you hope to win and why?

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
What are your basic spiritual and/or philosophical beliefs?

This is a basic list of my beliefs that I posted in another thread when asked a similar question.

- I respect Buddha, but I do not believe in worshipping him.
- I respect Jesus, but I do not believe in worshipping him.
- I believe in multiple deities from different theologies but I dont have one for each day if you know what I mean.
- I believe in a spirit/goddess of the earth (Gaia, mother nature, whatever you want to call her).
- I believe that nature should be respected and treated well whenever possible due to my last point.
- I believe the christian god exists. I believe it is possible he created man and animal, but I do not worship him.
- I do not buy into a lot of the bible as I do not think it is gods word. It is written by men, and man is easily corrupted.
- I do not believe in the christian trinity.
- I believe in Satan on some level, but I do not believe him to be this being of ultimate evil. I think we are quite capable of destroying ourselves.
- I believe that life events, actions etc cannot be blamed or fully attributed to a deity (such as recent claims that god sent the storm standy to NYC because of homosexuals and obama which is ridiculous).
- I believe in respecting someones right to their own religion without having to necessarily agree with what they believe.
- I do not celebrate the conventional/christian holidays but choose instead to honor the pagan holidays.
- I believe in magic, but not in a supernatural sense.
- I do not believe anything to be supernatural, it all comes from nature.
- I believe in the chakras and in energy healing.
- I believe that we have a spirit/astral body that is a counterpart to our physical body.
- I believe in tarot and do readings for myself and my close family members.
- I have an altar which i refer to as my sacred space. This has a few uses in my spirituality.
- I dont actually worship in gods or goddesses. Instead I have respect for a lot and have great deal of respect and love for a select few.
- I believe in providing an offering to a god or goddess after you ask something from them (such as their assistance or something like that).
- I believe in spirit guides in a practical sense rather than a fluffy moon beam sense.
- I believe in reiki though I do think that many fake it for stupid amounts of money.
- I believe in both western and eastern karma.
- I believe in both western and eastern meditation (though I have not acheived eastern meditation).
- I believe that all religions have an element of truth in one way or another.

What religion were you raised as?

I actually grew up in a household where religion was absent. I had never really heard of god until I started attending a christian school in year 7. Didnt know much of other religions until the last few years of highschool.

What kind of music do you listen to?

i have such a wide range of music that I listen to. Metal, rock, girly stuff, spiritual type music, a bit of pop, a bit of dancey stuff etc.

What do you think of modern civilization and the way things are going?

People go on about how much we have progressed and things are way better now than they were a couple of hundred years ago. I guess in a way there is a bit more acceptance, more rights and that kind of thing. Technology is a wonderful thing but at the same time it seems to be causing more issues as well.

Who do you think will win the vote by statistics?

I presume you mean the US vote? I think it will be pretty close.

Who do you hope to win and why?

Obama because I have never heard him say anything that terrified me. Also, there were some really outrageous statements made by romneys party.