• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

question from the gospel of Mary.

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
Im am writing this just out of interest, I noticed that Rex had posted some books one being the Gospel of Mary..The question being " will matter be destroyed or not" over and above that, something caught my eye that was writen in verse 25, Peter said to him, Since you have explained everything to us, " what is the sin of the World" V26 The savior said " There is no sin " But it is YOU who make sin when you do the things that are like the nature of adultry, which is called sin..
Now if I am reading those two verses correctly, to me ,Peter is asking what the sin of the world is and Jesus replies there is no sin, meaning there is no sin until we commit it, so my question now is to ask " where is the original sin"..

Can anyone explain what those passages mean in their view..thanks..

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
glasgowchick said:
Im am writing this just out of interest, I noticed that Rex had posted some books one being the Gospel of Mary..The question being " will matter be destroyed or not" over and above that, something caught my eye that was writen in verse 25, Peter said to him, Since you have explained everything to us, " what is the sin of the World" V26 The savior said " There is no sin " But it is YOU who make sin when you do the things that are like the nature of adultry, which is called sin..
Now if I am reading those two verses correctly, to me ,Peter is asking what the sin of the world is and Jesus replies there is no sin, meaning there is no sin until we commit it, so my question now is to ask " where is the original sin"..

The original sin was the sin of Adam and Eve. Sin can also be considered negative Karma. Karma is like a pendulum. You can pull it towards good or evil, but it will swing back and forth until there is a balance.

The sin created by Adam and Eve was 'balanced' when Jesus died for 'the sins of man'. Jesus was the example. He showed us that forgiveness of each other and love for each other is the only way to balance Karma. We all have a pendulum that has been swaying back and forth according to our actions.

On my website, I define sin as such: SIN is separated identity neurosis brought about by secondary independent notions:

• Separated - no longer connected or joined
    Identity - the individual characteristics by which a thing or person is recognized or known
    Neurosis - a mental disturbance not attributable to any known neurological or organic dysfunction

This means the false notion that we are separate from each other and from God. And this state of being is caused by:
  • Secondary - belonging to a lower class or rank; not of major importance
    Independent - not dependent on or conditioned by or relative to anything else
    Notions - a vague idea in which some confidence is placed; an odd or fanciful or capricious idea

This is the false idea that we do not affect the whole universe by our thoughts and actions. Individual acts that cause waves of negative energy. Lying, stealing, and cheating are all actions that cause negative feelings.
Sin is 'turning away from the light that is God'. Sin is being seperated by the light because of veils of negative thoughts and feelings.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
glasgowchick said:

The problem with understanding Gnostic writings is that most people including me dont understand the language(usage) it is mostly very strange, almost felt rather than understood..

To read it as if written in todays language gives me the same understanding as you.
and as I Dont see any reason to believe in origional sin, such an interpretation is some relief.

Terry

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
EnhancedSpirit said:
The original sin was the sin of Adam and Eve. Sin can also be considered negative Karma. Karma is like a pendulum. You can pull it towards good or evil, but it will swing back and forth until there is a balance.

The sin created by Adam and Eve was 'balanced' when Jesus died for 'the sins of man'. Jesus was the example. He showed us that forgiveness of each other and love for each other is the only way to balance Karma. We all have a pendulum that has been swaying back and forth according to our actions.

On my website, I define sin as such: SIN is separated identity neurosis brought about by secondary independent notions:

• Separated - no longer connected or joined
    Identity - the individual characteristics by which a thing or person is recognized or known
    Neurosis - a mental disturbance not attributable to any known neurological or organic dysfunction

This means the false notion that we are separate from each other and from God. And this state of being is caused by:
  • Secondary - belonging to a lower class or rank; not of major importance
    Independent - not dependent on or conditioned by or relative to anything else
    Notions - a vague idea in which some confidence is placed; an odd or fanciful or capricious idea

This is the false idea that we do not affect the whole universe by our thoughts and actions. Individual acts that cause waves of negative energy. Lying, stealing, and cheating are all actions that cause negative feelings.
Sin is 'turning away from the light that is God'. Sin is being seperated by the light because of veils of negative thoughts and feelings.

Hi ES, Thankyou for your post, I love reading all of your posts, very up lifting. :D

glasgowchick

Gives Glory to God !!!
Terrywoodenpic said:
The problem with understanding Gnostic writings is that most people including me dont understand the language(usage) it is mostly very strange, almost felt rather than understood..

To read it as if written in todays language gives me the same understanding as you.
and as I Dont see any reason to believe in origional sin, such an interpretation is some relief.

Terry

Hi Terry, thankyou also for your thoughts, I don't believe in the concept of original sin, I believe we sin when we commit it, I just thought it was interesting that for those who do believe in original sin, even in the Gospel of Mary [ which I know absoulutely nothing about ] Jesus mentions there is no sin, that it is us who commit it..but like you say, I know nothing about the writting, Im just glad you read it the same way I saw it.. :)