• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for Sunni Muslims

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
Peace to you.

I hope that you are doing fine today.

The site member Shia Islam has said that Shia Muslims lead the Muslim ummah in calling for unity among Muslims.

Going on his word, do you agree that Sunnis and Shiites and all Muslims should unite? If not, why would a Sunni reject a Shiite call for unity among Muslims?

Thanks a whole lot for all answers! :)
Noah

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Salam

First i want to clarify one thing, there's many sunni muslims who don't have any shias or few in their countries.

You may be astonished but i've never heard before the war in Irak (2003) anything about shias. (i'm from the maghreb)
I've always seen Iran for exemple as simple muslims as Hezbollah etc
We are not taught to hate them.

This said, like many sunnis i don't trust Iran (of course all shias are not iranians).
I think they don't work for peace and unity with the sunnis, as we have see they supported Al Maliki (who is shia) and of course Hezbollah who fight in Bashar's side.

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
Salam

First i want to clarify one thing, there's many sunni muslims who don't have any shias or few in their countries.

You may be astonished but i've never heard before the war in Irak (2003) anything about shias. (i'm from the maghreb)

This said, like many sunnis i don't trust Iran (of course all shias are not iranians).
I think they don't work for peace and unity with the sunnis, as we have see they supported Al Maliki (who is shia) and of course Hezbollah who fight in Bashar's side.

I see...

What about Surah 30:31-32 and Surah 3:103, 105? :)

Pastek

Sunni muslim
I see...

What about Surah 30:31-32 and Surah 3:103, 105? :)

Can you be more clear ?
Shias for what i know have the same basis as any muslims as for the rest it's not my concern if they have different hadiths or understand it differently.

spirit_of_dawn

Salam

Salam,

Yes, Iran supported folks that were fighting against ISIS and Wahhabis who are hell bent on killing Shias. Why do you think this is problematic?

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Salam,

Yes, Iran supported folks that were fighting against ISIS and Wahhabis who are hell bent on killing Shias. Why do you think this is problematic?

Salam

It's problematic because they supported Al Maliki who was known to have let ISIS enter without problem in Irak and let the situation between sunnis and shias grow.
Even shias themselves said it, watch this video from a shia cleric , but i've heard about that in other medias too.

Also i think there's a war of influence between Iran & Ksa. (sunnism vs shiism)
I don't like Wahabism , but as an arab i also don't like that Iran push us toward each others. We have already faced too many wars.

And Hezbollah have not fought only (if he did) against daesh but against the people of Syria.
They are in the side of Bashar, and we know that Bashar killed (and is still killing with the russians) the syrian civilians.

Hezbollah beeing in the side of Bashar means they are against the people, because we know what he is doing to them.
Many syrians can't have access to food because he blocked.

"Madaya: Syrian regime supporters share food photos to taunt starving civilians trapped in town"

Supporters of the Syrian regime are sharing photos of their dinners to taunt thousands of starving civilians in a besieged town.

The hashtag #متضامن_مع_حصار_مضايا, meaning “solidarity with the siege of Madaya”, has sparked a new wave of outrage over the continuing crisis, with those using it condemned as “sadistic” and “unbelievably disgusting”.

Photos showed people with sumptuous-looking spreads of food including kebabs, grilled prawns, whole fish, chips, salad and mountains of bread.

The trend emerged on Facebook and Twitter on Friday as President Bashar al-Assad gave into international pressure to allow humanitarian aid to enter for the first time since October.

But it will be too late for at least 23 men, women and children who have already starved to death, while photos show emaciated people resorting to eating leaves and grass in desperate attempts to stay alive.

Madaya, a former holiday resort in mountains near the Lebanese border, has been under siege by the Syrian army and allies from the Lebanese Hezbollah militia for six months.

Blockades have become a common tactic, with government troops holding rebel-held areas near Damascus under siege for several years and, more recently, rebel groups blockading some territory loyal to Assad, who has the military backing of Iran and Russia.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...rving-civilians-trapped-in-town-a6803676.html

What kind of people can support Bashar ? Because people are against Daesh they should then support a man who bombs his own people and let them starve ?

spirit_of_dawn

Dear Pastek,

You are taking matters too far. Maleki didn't allow ISIS to come into Iraq, it was the traitor Sunni Iraqi military leaders (who collaborated with ISIS) and the Sunni population of the Areas (that were supporters of Saddam) that ISIS conquered that did this. And they seem to be happy with the situation.

Most of the Syrian areas under rule of ISIS also seem to be happy with the situation. It seems they are all a bunch of Wahhabis being ruled by Wahhabis and happy that Shias are being slaughtered on a daily basis.

That aside, the reason Iran and Hezbollah are supporting Assad is for their own interests. If Assad falls Syria would go into Chaos and will turn into an ISIS ruled country that no one would be able to control. Iran and Hezbollah are choosing between the better of two bads. ISIS was on our doorsteps when Iran stepped in the war against ISIS. We learned from the Iraq war that it is better to fight your enemy kilometers away from your border than on your borders. That is what Iran is doing. The same applies to Hezbollah: If assad falls, they would be surrounded by two murderous enemies: ISrael, ISIS.

I'm sure the Saudi, Qatari, and Kuwaiti monarchies are much worse than Assad for they directly and indirectly fund ISIS: http://time.com/4116601/paris-attacks-rand-paul/ Turkey also has to answer for being a lifeline and transit area for ISIS. They are the root of all these problems. Before they started this dirty game, Syria was one of the most stable countries in the middle east with Sunni, Shia, Christian, Druze, and etc people living peacefully together. See how it is now.

Sakeenah

Peace to you.

I hope that you are doing fine today.

The site member Shia Islam has said that Shia Muslims lead the Muslim ummah in calling for unity among Muslims.

Going on his word, do you agree that Sunnis and Shiites and all Muslims should unite? If not, why would a Sunni reject a Shiite call for unity among Muslims?

Thanks a whole lot for all answers! :)
Noah

Salaam,

Personally as a sunni.. I don't know if sunnis and shias can unite in regards to beliefs. But i do belief sunnis and shias can live together side by side which they did in the past in countries like iraq,syria,lebanon,yemen etc.
The problems are political and its mostly the politicians who are benefitting from this divide between sunnis and shias.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Dear Pastek,

You are taking matters too far. Maleki didn't allow ISIS to come into Iraq, it was the traitor Sunni Iraqi military leaders (who collaborated with ISIS) and the Sunni population of the Areas (that were supporters of Saddam) that ISIS conquered that did this. And they seem to be happy with the situation.

Like i said, i've heard that in other mediasit was said by journalists and political scientists.
And if you saw the video, even a shia iraki confirmed it.

Most of the Syrian areas under rule of ISIS also seem to be happy with the situation. It seems they are all a bunch of Wahhabis being ruled by Wahhabis and happy that Shias are being slaughtered on a daily basis.

I don't think so. We maybe haven't see the same images.
Syrians are not wahabis and clearly not happy to see shias beeing killed.
We have seen millions of people escaping those areas, they live in many foreign countries for a reason, as for many others they live under pressure or are starving.

That aside, the reason Iran and Hezbollah are supporting Assad is for their own interests. If Assad falls Syria would go into Chaos and will turn into an ISIS ruled country that no one would be able to control. Iran and Hezbollah are choosing between the better of two bads. ISIS was on our doorsteps when Iran stepped in the war against ISIS. We learned from the Iraq war that it is better to fight your enemy kilometers away from your border than on your borders. That is what Iran is doing. The same applies to Hezbollah: If assad falls, they would be surrounded by two murderous enemies: ISrael, ISIS.

Of course Iran is in the region for his own interest. Who is diying ? Who are killing each others ? In the end it's arabs.
Those arabs work for the interests of Iran to spread his ideology in the region, clearly not just to help shias as a minority.

Europeans are supporting the syrian opposition who is right now in Geneva.
Why Iran didn't support them instead of Bashar ?
We clearly know that Russia is bombarding civilians, today again i saw on the news that a school was targetted.

Israel is always the red flag that people like to show when they want to make a diversion.

I'm sure the Saudi, Qatari, and Kuwaiti monarchies are much worse than Assad for they directly and indirectly fund ISIS: http://time.com/4116601/paris-attacks-rand-paul/ Turkey also has to answer for being a lifeline and transit area for ISIS. They are the root of all these problems. Before they started this dirty game, Syria was one of the most stable countries in the middle east with Sunni, Shia, Christian, Druze, and etc people living peacefully together. See how it is now.

I agree. I support by the way any of them and among the worst are those you quoted above.
As i said in other posts this tactic of chaos is not new, we saw the same in Algeria few years ago.
Put an horrible bunch of barbarians then people will accept any regime, they will just want peace even if they keep living in difficulties. And in the same time it erases any thought of revolution for the neighbors.

If you are a shia you shouldn't support any of them not even Iranian regime because this is all about power and influence, they only use people.

spirit_of_dawn

One word my friend: dread the day that ISIS takes over Syria and Iraq. I think you still don't understand what would happen if Assad goes and the country is overrun by a bunch of ISIS Wahhabi barbarians. As I said, It's called choosing the least worse among two bads. The is no other option.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
It won't happen, if they want they can stop them.

They just let the situation like that to scare people (and because they don't care) but now they try to stop them because they can ruin their countries too.

But Isis in Syria and Irak, impossible in long term. The others countries will also be in risk with this kind of "state".

There is one option : to stop supporting Bashar and help for exemple the Kurdishs and the Syrian opposition, and i'm sure there's reasonable people in Irak too.
If we only see the thing as : shia vs sunni and then prefere to choose a bad guy just because he is from the same sect the situation will stay the same.

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
Because the Shiites are the minority among the Muslims, and because of the huge wealth that Saudi and the other Gulf monarchies have spent to propagate its political stance, the public opinion among large sectors of the Sunni majority -became very anti-Shiite.

I will just point out to the following:-

1. When Iran was ruled by an Israeli ally, I mean the Shah, the Sunnis had no problems with Iran.

2. If the Syrian president was an Israeli Ally, he would be treated in the same way that the Shah was treated.

3. Despite all that Iran have done in supporting the Sunni Palestinians, it remains for Many Sunnis the enemy.

4. Even before the Syrian war, and while Hezbollah was fighting Israel, it was considered an enemy by many Sunnis.

5. The Syrian government is supported by many Sunnis, and the allies of Israel have taken a decision to overthrow it long time ago. Remember the Nahr-Al-Barid events.

6. For many radical Salafis, the Shiites, and also many Sunni groups are not considered Muslims.

I recommend that both the Shiites and the Sunnis read about the beliefs each others without mixing religion with politics.

The Shiites succeeded to survive the dark ages - which many Sunnis think that they were bright ages - when brutal Sunni Caliphates were the world strongest empires. These Caliphates have committed massacres against the family of the prophet and their followers (Shiite in Arabic means follower)...

Tomorrows_Child

Guys, let's not fight among ourselves on here, at least take it to personal messages. Why is Islam being brought into a political/national/ethnic debate? Plus, misinformed opinions among Muslims lead to misinformation among non-Muslims who may read this and leave entirely confused.

mojtaba

Guys, let's not fight among ourselves on here, at least take it to personal messages. Why is Islam being brought into a political/national/ethnic debate? Plus, misinformed opinions among Muslims lead to misinformation among non-Muslims who may read this and leave entirely confused.
These are clarifications, not fighting among ourselves. The enemy of Muslims after America government and Israel and ... is ingnorance of Muslims.
These clarifications indeed help Muslims to exite from their ingnorance.

Thank you Shia Muslim, I am Iranian and confirm all of your sayings.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's a religious division in the past which is being used now as a political one. I think we should go toward a more fruitful discussion of how to follow the Quran and Sunnah, spread justice and love each other.

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
5. The Syrian government is supported by many Sunnis, and the allies of Israel have taken a decision to overthrow it long time ago. Remember the Nahr-Al-Barid events...

This is true...in this Youtube video retired U.S. Army General Wesley Clark says that just 6 weeks after 9/11, the U.S. had secretly decided to attack and overthrow the governments of 7 Islamic nations:

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
Can you be more clear ?
Shias for what i know have the same basis as any muslims as for the rest it's not my concern if they have different hadiths or understand it differently.

Yes. Here are those full verses:

Qur'an 30:31-32: "(31)...and keep your duty to Him, and keep up prayer and be not of the polytheists, (32)Of those who split up their religion and become parties; every sect rejoicing in that which is with it."
Qur'an 3:103, 105: "(103)And hold fast by the covenant of Allah all together and be not disunited...(105)And be not like those who became divided and disagreed after clear arguments had come to them. And for them is a grievous chastisement."

All of these verse from the Qur'an say that sectarianism and division are forbidden in Islam.

NewChapter

GiveMeATicketToWork
Salaam,

Personally as a sunni.. I don't know if sunnis and shias can unite in regards to beliefs. But i do belief sunnis and shias can live together side by side which they did in the past in countries like iraq,syria,lebanon,yemen etc.
The problems are political and its mostly the politicians who are benefitting from this divide between sunnis and shias.

Peace to you, Sakeenah,

But what about these Qur'an verses cited in this post: http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/question-for-sunni-muslims.184113/#post-4636861 (post #17 on this thread?)

No sunni or shia.........just one islam

Insha Allah when Prophet Isa and Imam Mahdi coming to this world

all muslim ummah will united again like prophet era in the past