• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for atheistic satanists regarding free will

EverChanging

Free will is here defined as the ability to have made a different decision even if every atom in the universe (and any random quantum fluctuation, probabilistic component etc) was constituted in the same way.

Do you believe in free will? If not, does this affect your view of morality? How so?

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
Well, humans do have quite a lot of freedom, even freedom of choice. I never really honestly thought about free will. I just decided a long time ago that the universe doesn't really care about our choices and we are free to do most things, with consequence and reward. I guess choice is free will in itself, regardless of the limits. So, I guess I believe in free will to an extent. I never really thought about it much, though.