• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for all jehovah's witnesses on here

Frank Goad

Two more passages bear further discussion. First, John 11:23–27:

Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again." Martha said to him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day." Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?" She said to Him, "Yes, Lord; I have believed that You are the Christ, the Son of God, even He who comes into the world."

Notice Jesus corrected Martha's belief that her brother would only "live" in the resurrection. In contrast, Jesus revealed that believers will live even if they die, and in fact, they will never die in the way that our bodies do.

I got all this here: Awake beyond the Grave: What the Bible Says about Soul Sleep

I am still am confused.:confused:

Whoever Believes in Me Shall Never Die (John 11:26)

John 11:26 is a clear example of taking a verse out of context. This is right after Jesus says, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me, though he may die, he shall live." (John 11:25) Since He says they may die in verse 25, then says they shall never die in verse 26, we know death has more than one meaning. In this passage, Jesus says believers cannot die the second death, which we will discuss in Part Three.

He made these statements just before resurrecting Lazarus, and Jesus will resurrect all believers in the future. Jesus says believers will not die the second death; He does not say they remain conscious.

I got this one here: 7. THE CASE FOR CONSCIOUS BELIEVERS

nPeace

Veteran Member
@Frank Goad
(John 5:28, 29) 28 Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out,. . .

What are your thoughts on the above verse, and what do you understand by this one... Revelation 7:13-17?

Frank Goad

@Frank Goad
(John 5:28, 29) 28 Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice 29 and come out,. . .

What are your thoughts on the above verse, and what do you understand by this one... Revelation 7:13-17?

So you are confused by the post right above yours too?:(

Frank Goad

Two more passages bear further discussion. First, John 11:23–27:

Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again." Martha said to him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day." Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?" She said to Him, "Yes, Lord; I have believed that You are the Christ, the Son of God, even He who comes into the world."

Notice Jesus corrected Martha's belief that her brother would only "live" in the resurrection. In contrast, Jesus revealed that believers will live even if they die, and in fact, they will never die in the way that our bodies do.

I got all this here: Awake beyond the Grave: What the Bible Says about Soul Sleep

I am still am confused.:confused:

Whoever Believes in Me Shall Never Die (John 11:26)

John 11:26 is a clear example of taking a verse out of context. This is right after Jesus says, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me, though he may die, he shall live." (John 11:25) Since He says they may die in verse 25, then says they shall never die in verse 26, we know death has more than one meaning. In this passage, Jesus says believers cannot die the second death, which we will discuss in Part Three.

He made these statements just before resurrecting Lazarus, and Jesus will resurrect all believers in the future. Jesus says believers will not die the second death; He does not say they remain conscious.

I got this one here: 7. THE CASE FOR CONSCIOUS BELIEVERS

My thoughts are why can't i understand the quotes above?Can you explain them?:confused:

nPeace

Veteran Member
My thoughts are why can't i understand the quotes above?Can you explain them?:confused:
Okay.
This is what I understand from taking all the scriptures into consideration.
Jesus said the dead will rise, not on their own, but he will raise them, on the last day - events described in the book of Revelation Chapter 20.
Jesus said persons will not die, at all - described by the angel in the book of Revelation Chapter 7, verses 13-17.
When one dies, they cease to exist. Their future life rests in God's hands.
(Psalm 104:29, 30) 29 When you hide your face, they are disturbed. If you take away their spirit, they die and return to the dust. 30 If you send out your spirit, they are created, And you renew the surface of the ground.

All persons will not die, as stated by the angel, because faithful ones will survive the great tribulation, and live on into the new world, where they will receive healing under God's kingdom, ruled by Christ.
(Proverbs 2:21, 22) 21 For only the upright will reside in the earth, And the blameless will remain in it. 22 As for the wicked, they will be cut off from the earth, And the treacherous will be torn away from it.

Does that help any?