• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question for all jehovah's witnesses on here

Frank Goad

Do you think people really have psychic powers that work?Do you think these powers come from the devil?Do you think psychics really predict the future?I don't know the answer to all these questions.But i do know Deuteronomy 18:10-12.:)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Do you think people really have psychic powers that work?Do you think these powers come from the devil?Do you think psychics really predict the future?I don't know the answer to all these questions.But i do know Deuteronomy 18:10-12.:)

Yes, we know people possess psychic powers but they are definitely not from God. (Deuteronomy 18:9-12) If demons can foretell an event, then they can also make it happen. If they can tell you things that only your dead aunt would know, then who was in existence long before all of us....the demons know everything about everyone.

People who say that they can predict the future are working against God who purposely does not tell you your individual future.

God will foretell things that will happen to his people as a group, but individually, he does not tell us what will happen.

If God says that Spiritism is "detestable" to him, then it tells you that the source is evil.

Yes, we know people possess psychic powers but they are definitely not from God. (Deuteronomy 18:9-12) If demons can foretell an event, then they can also make it happen. If they can tell you things that only your dead aunt would know, then who was in existence long before all of us....the demons know everything about everyone.

People who say that they can predict the future are working against God who purposely does not tell you your individual future.

God will foretell things that will happen to his people as a group, but individually, he does not tell us what will happen.

If God says that Spiritism is "detestable" to him, then it tells you that the source is evil.

Actually, there are examples in scripture where God does tell "individuals" what will happen to them.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Are you saying that psychic powers are all biologically manifested?

No....I am saying that some humans are more open to demonic influence than others. It is not biological so much, as manifested in those who either invite the manifestation, (through seeking to practice spiritism) or who have mental illnesses that leave them open to be manipulated by demonic forces. I believe that they will try to gain access to those who are easy targets. They have one agenda and absolutely no scruples. Their influence is powerful.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Actually, there are examples in scripture where God does tell "individuals" what will happen to them.

Yes that is true, but you can basically name them and the role that God predetermined that they would play. He identified them and defined how their role would be used with regard to his will and purpose.

I was speaking about humans generally. There is a reason why we are not told what will happen to us individually. The choices we make then, will be based on what we believe and why we make the plans we do about the future. An atheist for example will make a completely different choice to one who is guided by the Bible.

Shantanu

No....I am saying that some humans are more open to demonic influence than others. It is not biological so much, as manifested in those who either invite the manifestation, (through seeking to practice spiritism) or who have mental illnesses that leave them open to be manipulated by demonic forces. I believe that they will try to gain access to those who are easy targets. They have one agenda and absolutely no scruples. Their influence is powerful.
God too can operate psychically to protect someone who has surrenders to Him. This is done by God through thought implantation. If one trancends the guna (characteristic of Nature) that we are individually endowed with to create the good, routinal and evil attributes in our personalities from the lesser gods, one can become highly psychotic and thus benefit from enhanced awareness that God generates.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
God too can operate psychically to protect someone who has surrenders to Him.

What "god" are you talking about? The God of the Bible forbids all manner of spiritism, detailed in Deuteronomy 18:9-12. If you participate in any of those things, you will not have God's protection.

This is done by God through thought implantation. If one trancends the guna (characteristic of Nature) that we are individually endowed with to create the good, routinal and evil attributes in our personalities from the lesser gods, one can become highly psychotic and thus benefit from enhanced awareness that God generates.

This is not in accord with my belief system at all. God does not implant thoughts in anyone who is worshipping other gods. The demons can do that however and their MO is deception. Only those who leave their false religious beliefs and come to the only true God in faith will have the benefit of his protection.

That is why we have to choose our belief system wisely. Are we exposing ourselves to influences that are harming us?

Shantanu

God does not implant thoughts in anyone who is worshipping other gods.
There is only one Supreme God who lives within us and with whom one can correspond in a one to one relationship by thought exchanges. God listens and can overpower all the demonic influences that exist to guide us and protect us if we have surrendered to God. I am not talking about the God of the Bible or Jesus specifically in this regard but the Creator and Preserver God that exists. Thoughts are very powerful mechanism for God to communicate with us.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
There is only one Supreme God who lives within us and with whom one can correspond in a one to one relationship by thought exchanges. God listens and can overpower all the demonic influences that exist to guide us and protect us if we have surrendered to God. I am not talking about the God of the Bible or Jesus specifically in this regard but the Creator and Preserver God that exists. Thoughts are very powerful mechanism for God to communicate with us.

I appreciate that you have your own view about who "God" is......I do not share your view.

To me, the God of Abraham is the Creator who has revealed to us the reason for our being here.

Do you have a reason for the existence of material life on this material planet in this material universe, when it is clear that God himself is not a material being? He has company in the spiritual realm, but none of them have been former humans.

The Bible explains everything for me.....why we are here....what happened to make life for so many a terrible ordeal....and what we can look forward to in the future.....what explanation does your god provide?

Shantanu

what explanation does your god provide?
My God only helps me with my survival with dignity in this life that I have where I lost my reputation by the persecutory actions of the UK State on me over a period of 20 years. I never got my dignity back but I keep fighting with God's blessing. I have been classified as a mental patient suffering from persistent delusional disorder but it is a ploy used to torture me for there is nothing wrong with me mentally. It has been a 20 year struggle for me to try and restore my reputation. God would not answer any other questions except those related to my survival here in the United Kingdom. I could not have survived without His help and I fight on.

As to the explanation of why we are here I have a sound education in science and believe in the Abiogenesis and Theory of Evolution that God generated. I keep up-to-date on that.There is no after life in this scheme of things for me. No heaven or hell, no sin, because I believe that all our actions should be dharmic in that truth accommodation alone should determine what we do with ourselves during the course of the day, the week and months. Truth accommodation means survival within the set up of the State that we live under.